News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I.E.  (Read 15443 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:I.E.
« Reply #30 on: April 17, 2005, 01:28:30 AM »

After waking up in a couple of hours, I shall head back over to Steve's and be a FUSSBUDGET for a few more hours as we unpack and arrange his belongings.

*And over the past few days, I've reclaimed a few things - candle sticks, ties, suspenders (actually "braces"), CDs, etc.   Kind of sad in a way (Memories... like the corners of my mind), but good too.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2005, 01:29:07 AM »

Page Two Dance!

DR Tomovoz, you may lead!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: April 17, 2005, 01:29:45 AM »

Well, since I'm almost to the point on being non-functional...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #33 on: April 17, 2005, 01:44:56 AM »

Where you lead!  Maybe Carole King will dance for you Jose.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2005, 01:45:30 AM »

I'm more likely to dance The Messaround. I"m a little chubby these days.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #35 on: April 17, 2005, 05:09:05 AM »

Good night Hisaka. It is just after 10.00pm in Melbourne.
James Thurber 1957

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: April 17, 2005, 05:28:22 AM »

Good morning, all!  I'm listening to Mozart's Mass in C and feeling close to something spiritual.  I think I've mentioned before my theories on God and religion, but Mozart's about as close as I can get to explaining a higher diety; every note he comitted to paper seems to me touched by the highest form of heavenly grace.

DRs Ann and Joey, best of luck with that oratorio by Mendel's son Felix; is there anything more beautiful in ELIJAH than the women's trio "Lift Thine Eyes"?  What a stunner!

Today's a madcap sunday, where I would have preferred a more liesurely pace:  off to the recording office for a few rounds of BABES; I want to tackle some questions on "The March of the Toys."  After that, my friends Cathie and Alice are showing up to look at some books and videos I'm tossing.  Alice is principal of a school in the Bronx, and Cathie and I are opera fanatics.  Last year, when I weeded out a lot of books and things after the bookcases collapsed, I pulled some  things for Alice's school.  She'll sort through them and see if anything's good.

So, tomorrow I'll sleep late.

We were so poor as kids that bologna was a staple part of our diet, both at home and as school lunches.  I loathe the stuff.  I do love grilled bratwurst, however, with sauerkraut and mustard.

One of the Farrelly brothers wrote a lovely biographical novel, BEYOND PROVIDENCE, which made a rather good film.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: April 17, 2005, 05:35:04 AM »

DR FRANCOIS; I, too, really like her, Emma Thompson (but not fall in love with her), and  Sense and Sensibility is one of my favorite films of her and also Primary Colors in which she played first lady Hilary more than Hilary herself ( I think she’s more elegant than Hilary herself)
And thanks for her site and I enjoyed it!

No, unfortunately I’ve not been in Tokyo Disney Sea, but in Tokyo Desney Land several times before.
Did you play something in Disney Land?
I liked the Electrical Parade much. Would like to be Disney World in Florida once. It must be huge and fun.

From Isaka

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: April 17, 2005, 05:35:37 AM »

Do you live near Disney World, DR DANISE?

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: April 17, 2005, 05:41:47 AM »

Good morning, DR ELMORE!
I just finished late dinner and will enjoy some movie, but not decide what I should watch yet.
Have a good day!

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2005, 05:43:49 AM »

9:45 pm in Tokyo, DR TOMOVOZ.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: April 17, 2005, 05:59:50 AM »

Hello, DRHisaka!  

Yesterday, in our British TOD, I mentioned the Benjamin Britten version of THE BEGGAR'S OPERA, which I would love to see performed in rep with SWEENEY TODD.  A BBC broadcast from 1948 with the original cast conducted by Benjamin Britten has been discovered on acetate and if being issued on CD April 26, 2005, by Pearl Records.  I've seen several different editions of THE BEGGAR'S OPERA performed, but I think the Britten version is the most successful musically and dramatically in linking the many snippets of song to the spoken text.  It's a great work, and some of you might be interested in hearing it.  

And so, like the Seven Dwarfs, heigh ho . . .
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

« Reply #42 on: April 17, 2005, 06:14:59 AM »

With all this talk about bolgna I remember my mother telling me she was so poor that all they were able to afford was the bolg.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2005, 06:17:39 AM »

Do you live near Disney World, DR DANISE?

I will answer for her. She is not too far. She is somewhere I am guessing from an hour to two hour drive to Disney.

As for me it is about 183 mile drive and depending on traffic it can be a 3hr drive but usually clocks in around 2 and half hours.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2005, 06:21:32 AM »

Finally found a copy of On A Clear Day.... yesterday. Will start to watch that.

Anyone saw Reefer Madness last night on Showtime last night. They showed it three times at 8, 10, and midnight? As I said last night I loved and the people who watch it at the party last night loved it too.

There was a stage version. Anyone see that?
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #45 on: April 17, 2005, 07:07:42 AM »

DR Michael Shayne, it was Steven Weber who was in JEFFREY and the Tv series WINGS, not Bruce Webber.

Isn't Bruce Webber a bowler?
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #46 on: April 17, 2005, 07:09:26 AM »

I have to mow the lawn at some point today. NOT looking forward to that. We do have beautiful weather in which to do it, but it's a chore I really dislike doing.

Matt H.

« Reply #47 on: April 17, 2005, 07:10:07 AM »

I have the rest of PAINT YOUR WAGON to watch at some point today, and then I'm starting the second season of ANGEL.

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: April 17, 2005, 07:11:13 AM »

I also do not care foir the Farrelly Brothers. I've seen DUMB AND DUMBER and THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT MARY, and I didn't like either one.

Matt H.

« Reply #49 on: April 17, 2005, 07:11:45 AM »

All alone, I'm so all alone . . . .

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #50 on: April 17, 2005, 08:00:09 AM »

I feel like some cherce bacon and eggs, or eggs benedict, or an omelet loaded with cheese and bacon and scallions.
No scrapple?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #51 on: April 17, 2005, 08:02:07 AM »

As Lawrence Welk would say, "AVUNCULAR, an' a-two-cular..."
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #52 on: April 17, 2005, 08:15:17 AM »

I have to mow the lawn at some point today. NOT looking forward to that. We do have beautiful weather in which to do it, but it's a chore I really dislike doing.
When I was growing up, I used to loathe mowing the lawn.  It stirred up my allergies, and since about half of the lawn was on a steep hill the job was a real pain.

The solution, I've found, is not to have a lawn.  There is no other way to avoid mowing.   :-\

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #53 on: April 17, 2005, 08:20:13 AM »

When I was growing up, we could always afford balogna.  That's because Mom knew how to fuss the budget.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2005, 08:21:31 AM »

Today is National Cheeseball Day.

Jennifer

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2005, 08:23:52 AM »

Hey DR Jrand (and Dan) guess what?  I modified those pics in Ulead (raising the resolution). And when I took them to Costco it said the resolution was 6000 instead of the 400-700 it had been!  So I printed off more.  Doesn't mean it will work. But it should. Yeah!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2005, 08:26:00 AM »

Checking their output over at imdb, I can honestly say that I have never watched a Farrelly Brothers film.  Der Brucer, however, has seen a couple or three.  He's just not fessing up.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: April 17, 2005, 08:37:24 AM »

We didn't have much bologna growing up. I had it a few times in sandwiches at picnics where the food was prepared by others, and I always liked it, but my mom would buy boiled ham rather than bologna when buying cold cuts.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: April 17, 2005, 08:39:13 AM »

Got the mowing finshed with, and since it's low 60s right now, it was fairly pleasant to be outside even doing something I detest. With all the rain we typically have at this point in the year, the grass grows very fast. I just mowed 8 or 9 days ago. Once the hot summer months get here and rain slacks up, I can got two weeks without mowing generally.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #59 on: April 17, 2005, 09:25:51 AM »

I mean, would that not make a great "Explain this photo" essay contest?

I believe that this is a shot of the funeral scene from the Farrelly Brothers' remake of Imitation of Life.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up