Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: COLORFUL NOTES  (Read 2907 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: COLORFUL NOTES
« Reply #30 on: September 09, 2020, 05:14:10 AM »

DR TCB, two cats, like two Colettes, is better than one! Much as I love Stella, she most definitely interrupted the delicate balance I had with Thatch and Annabelle.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: September 09, 2020, 05:16:27 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: September 09, 2020, 05:16:49 AM »

Page 2 Dance!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2020, 05:16:59 AM »

Mega vibes for Jeanne and her surgical team.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2020, 05:17:29 AM »

George, nice photo of Neve and you.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2020, 05:18:11 AM »

Where has September gone? Pretty soon, I’ll have to start thinking about packing up.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2020, 05:24:19 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #37 on: September 09, 2020, 05:36:31 AM »

Boy, what a night.

I’ll say it again.  What a night!

Not a bad one by any means, just a busy one with one of my epic dreams. The first long scene happened before I got up in the middle of the night to visit the bathroom and turn on my bedroom fan. Then, Part II was basically a follow up to Part I, consisting of a series of scenes, each of which referred to other familiar dream themes, a couple of them quite intricately. The final bit brought us right back to the Part I thing, and that in itself is all about what I have to work on today for our upcoming Assassins. Whew!

I would write it out, but it would take a long time, and explaining it all would take a whole page here. Fortunately, as soon as I came downstairs I was able to sit in the recliner and go over the entire thing for my own benefit, so it’s less likely to be forgotten any time soon.

ChasSmith

« Reply #38 on: September 09, 2020, 05:38:55 AM »

Where has September gone? Pretty soon, I’ll have to start thinking about packing up.

Try to remember
The kind of September...

ChasSmith

« Reply #39 on: September 09, 2020, 05:40:19 AM »

Many, many most excellent vibes and xylophones for dear reader Jeanne on her surgery, and hopefully we'll have a report at some point.

DITTO!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2020, 05:57:48 AM »

Kitty cleanup is over, so I'm around 45 minutes behind my usual schedule.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2020, 06:01:01 AM »

My unemployment landed in my bank this morning. I'm gradually - but far too gradually for my taste - rebuilding my small savings account after losing nearly $800 to those damned Ohio property taxes.  Some days I want to dig up my father and kick his ass for causing this mess in what he thought was a good deed, but most days I want to murder my brothers for letting their greed and stupidity get us into this mess.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: September 09, 2020, 06:02:47 AM »

I need to dump the dirty litter and pick up yesterday's mail after I make the bed.  Then the kitties and I will lie down, watch a bit of TV and plan our day.  I'm mentally working out an A & T story. I've also joined a Facebook group, "Cats Against Trump."
« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 06:21:54 AM by elmore3003 »

ChasSmith

« Reply #43 on: September 09, 2020, 06:17:28 AM »

That’s a fascinating discovery, or re-discovery, of the Louis Lane album.

He was Szell’s assistant conductor when I arrived in Cleveland in 1967. Jim Levine and Michael Charry were the junior guys. I believe I only ever heard Lane conduct once, at an out of town concert which might not even have been the Cleveland Orchestra. But he was a presence.

However, I don’t remember a Cleveland Pops, or any recordings of his, and that being on the Epic label is an indicator that that was before my time there. Their label was Columbia then, but I’ve always loved the Szell recordings I still have on Epic, such as the Mahler Tenth, Schubert “Great”, and the Beethoven cycle.

I will very much enjoy listening to this Pops recording.

ChasSmith

« Reply #44 on: September 09, 2020, 06:21:33 AM »

DR Elmore, is your unemployment still just your state amount, or did NY work out dealing with the Orange Slug’s $400?

CT is supposed to have gone along with it, but we’re still just getting the state amount.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: September 09, 2020, 06:24:13 AM »

DR Elmore, is your unemployment still just your state amount, or did NY work out dealing with the Orange Slug’s $400?

CT is supposed to have gone along with it, but we’re still just getting the state amount.

NY State turned down the Fat Slug's offer.  Since the GOP is back in negotiations on Covid-19 relief and fighting it, God knows if we will ever see any money.  I just hope the dumbass voters supporting the GOP come to realize they are doing jack shit to help anyone but themselves.

ChasSmith

« Reply #46 on: September 09, 2020, 06:26:05 AM »

Good picture, DR George. We’ve had only one shoulder-level recliner cat, and he’s long gone. One of my original girls would get up there on occasion, but not too often.

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: September 09, 2020, 06:26:26 AM »

NY State turned down the Fat Slug's offer.  Since the GOP is back in negotiations on Covid-19 relief and fighting it, God knows if we will ever see any money.  I just hope the dumbass voters supporting the GOP come to realize they are doing jack shit to help anyone but themselves.

Yep!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: September 09, 2020, 06:27:12 AM »

I had lunch with Louis Lane and James Stuart, the wonderful man who began Ohio Light Opera, many years ago.  Lane used to conduct pops concerts with the OLO orchestra during their summer season. I miss Mr Stuart quite a lot.  He was a lovely man, the complete opposite of the arrogant SOB now running OLO.

ChasSmith

« Reply #49 on: September 09, 2020, 06:32:46 AM »

I had lunch with Louis Lane and James Stuart, the wonderful man who began Ohio Light Opera, many years ago.  Lane used to conduct pops concerts with the OLO orchestra during their summer season. I miss Mr Stuart quite a lot.  He was a lovely man, the complete opposite of the arrogant SOB now running OLO.

That’s a nice memory. I don’t think I knew anything about Mr. Stuart.

ChasSmith

« Reply #50 on: September 09, 2020, 06:37:01 AM »

According to the website of the current Cleveland Pops, they were founded in 1993 and there’s no reference at all to any mid-century incarnation of same. Bizarre.

EDIT:  I suspect that reflects more the way of the world these days. They have no interest in doing anything but promoting their own entity. The hell with an actual *comprehensive* history.

« Last Edit: September 09, 2020, 06:48:38 AM by ChasSmith »

ChasSmith

« Reply #51 on: September 09, 2020, 06:41:41 AM »

Also, according to the site Discogs, there are a number of recordings featuring Mr. Lane. I need to examine that.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #52 on: September 09, 2020, 06:45:37 AM »

Thomas Edison is my favorite INNERVATE[R].
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #53 on: September 09, 2020, 06:45:53 AM »

Surgery vibes for DR JEANNE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #54 on: September 09, 2020, 06:52:12 AM »

Also, according to the site Discogs, there are a number of recordings featuring Mr. Lane. I need to examine that.

A quick follow-up:  DEFINITELY worth checking out. I’d like to find a few of these.

https://www.discogs.com/artist/833230-Louis-Lane

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: September 09, 2020, 08:45:45 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  I’m in the slow lane today.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #56 on: September 09, 2020, 08:46:30 AM »

Vibes for a smooth surgery and recovery to DR Jeanne!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
You can dream…or you can do.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #58 on: September 09, 2020, 10:56:47 AM »

DR George, that is one great photo of you and Neve.

Thanks, Larry!  It's not really a great angle for me, though. ::)

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #59 on: September 09, 2020, 11:03:18 AM »

George, nice photo of Neve and you.

Thanks, John!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up