Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: ALL THOSE TYPOS  (Read 3508 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: ALL THOSE TYPOS
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2020, 02:08:30 AM »

PAGE TWO AT 2:08 A.M. DANCE!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2020, 02:08:47 AM »

You sneak in and out in a flash!

Actually, I don't go anywhere.  I'm just going to other websites on a different browser tab.  I really didn't go anywhere, or even leave HHW. :-\

Well, your name disappears from the top.

Interesting.

I wouldn’t make that up.  Good night.

I wouldn't doubt it. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2020, 02:09:37 AM »

Well, I need to get going, too.

Have a good day, all!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2020, 04:00:51 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: September 12, 2020, 04:01:28 AM »

DR TCB, that cat is adorable.  Is it on your adoption possibilities?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: September 12, 2020, 04:02:30 AM »

I'm wanting to go back to bed, but I won't.  As soon as kitty cleanup is over, I'll lie down for a bit.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2020, 04:05:46 AM »

I'm rather down today.  I had two dreams that seemed to say, your moment has passed.  There's that line in GYPSY where Rose says the cow from the old vaudeville act came to her  in a dream and said, move over; I'm feeling that today.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2020, 04:08:14 AM »

In the first dream I was in a court of law.  I had sold a record collection with many valuable items and the agent representing me had taken the easy way out and sold too many at too low a cost.  I was fighting him and lost te case.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: September 12, 2020, 04:12:09 AM »

In the second, I was checking out a musical theatre program on the fifth floor of walkup building in midtown with a friend I haven't seen since 1985 or so.  The program was run by an acquaintance, author Larry Maslon, who's published several books.  So, we walked up four flights of stairs to find that to get to the stairs to the fifth floor, you had to crawl on a ledge over the stairwell, and a fall would be lethal.  People were doing it, but I was too afraid, backed out and walked back downstairs.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: September 12, 2020, 04:13:13 AM »

I also believe that the Babes In Toyland edition with Packard Humanities Institute is officially dead.  Even if I were called tomorrow, I'm not certaoin that at the moment I want to get back to it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2020, 04:16:16 AM »

I think my first Bartok recording was Ormandy's conducting "The Miraculous Mandarin."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: September 12, 2020, 04:21:20 AM »

In 1951 or 52, when Rudolf Bing became manager of the Metropolitan Opera, he decided to program Die Fledermaus in an English version by Garson Kanin and Howard Dietz.  Kanin was also hired to direct it and Fritz Reiner would conduct.  In the Act Two party at Prince Orlofsky's, Kanin asked some of the chorus to sing part of the Act Two finale  while sitting on cushions on the floor.  Reiner threw a fit and insisted they must stand to sing.  Several hours later, Reiner was dismissed and Eugene Ormandy was brought in to conduct the performances.  The chorus sat on cushions.

Ormandy is also the conductor on the Columbia recording of the production, which is one of my favorites. When I got my LP set in 1963 or so, Columbia had hidden it away with most of its monaural Metropolitan Opera recordings.  In the 1970s it was reissued on their budget label with a new cover.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:25:51 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: September 12, 2020, 05:41:06 AM »

Kitty cleanup is over and I am going to call the corner deli for some breakfast and a few other items.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #43 on: September 12, 2020, 05:59:35 AM »

T.O.D.

There was a thriller that I saw decades ago (1955) that I've never forgotten.

THE NIGHT HOLDS TERROR with Jack Kelly, John Cassavetes and Vince Edwards. 

It was based on a true story; similar to THE DESPERATE HOURS.
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2020, 06:32:03 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: September 12, 2020, 06:32:23 AM »

Beautiful kitty, TCB.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #46 on: September 12, 2020, 06:32:43 AM »

I don’t feel like getting out of bed.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #47 on: September 12, 2020, 07:55:31 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2020, 07:57:12 AM »

I was up early, after (thankfully) a pretty decent night's sleep. Took the time for a real breakfast and for seeing Kristi and Nathan off to Mystic, CT, on a quick overnight trip celebrating their 8th wedding anniversary.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #49 on: September 12, 2020, 07:57:25 AM »

I think my aunt had a prom dress made of SPIRITUEL.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2020, 07:57:52 AM »

I liked J.B.'s Neely impression DR JOHN G.....most entertaining.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: September 12, 2020, 07:58:05 AM »

I also liked the kitty picture posted by DR TCB.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #52 on: September 12, 2020, 07:58:20 AM »

Hmmmm.....I shall have to think about the TOD.

ChasSmith

« Reply #53 on: September 12, 2020, 08:06:58 AM »

In 1951 or 52, when Rudolf Bing became manager of the Metropolitan Opera, he decided to program Die Fledermaus in an English version by Garson Kanin and Howard Dietz.  Kanin was also hired to direct it and Fritz Reiner would conduct.  In the Act Two party at Prince Orlofsky's, Kanin asked some of the chorus to sing part of the Act Two finale  while sitting on cushions on the floor.  Reiner threw a fit and insisted they must strand to sing.  Several hours later, Reiner was dismissed and Eugene Ormandy was brought in to conduct the performances.  The chorus sat on cushions.

Ormandy is also the conductor on the Columbia recording of the production, which is one of my favorites. When I got my LP set in 1963 or so, Columbia had hidden it away with most of its monaural Metropolitan Opera recordings.  In the 1970s it was reissued on their budget label with a new cover.

That's a great story about Reiner and Ormandy. I remember discovering those recordings in the school library's listening room. The reissues on the Odyssey label were being released about the time I was out of school and moving to California, and I bought them at Phil Harris. Later I began seeing the originals, and I eventually replaced my reissues with them. My Fledermaus is in the larger record box as pictured there, as is, I believe my Rake's Progress.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #54 on: September 12, 2020, 08:16:00 AM »

In 1951 or 52, when Rudolf Bing became manager of the Metropolitan Opera, he decided to program Die Fledermaus in an English version by Garson Kanin and Howard Dietz.  Kanin was also hired to direct it and Fritz Reiner would conduct.  In the Act Two party at Prince Orlofsky's, Kanin asked some of the chorus to sing part of the Act Two finale  while sitting on cushions on the floor.  Reiner threw a fit and insisted they must stand to sing.  Several hours later, Reiner was dismissed and Eugene Ormandy was brought in to conduct the performances.  The chorus sat on cushions.

That's a great story about Reiner and Ormandy. I remember discovering those recordings in the school library's listening room. The reissues on the Odyssey label were being released about the time I was out of school and moving to California, and I bought them at Phil Harris. Later I began seeing the originals, and I eventually replaced my reissues with them. My Fledermaus is in the larger record box as pictured there, as is, I believe my Rake's Progress.

I have never in my life come across the Columbia recording of the Met's The Rake's Progress.  Outside the US, Naxos released the recording on CD and I got a copy from Amazon.co.uk.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:27:46 AM by elmore3003 »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #55 on: September 12, 2020, 08:23:26 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - maybe four hours of sleep.

KevinH

« Reply #56 on: September 12, 2020, 08:25:24 AM »

Good morning!

KevinH

« Reply #57 on: September 12, 2020, 08:25:54 AM »

I enjoyed your video, DR John G.!

KevinH

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2020, 08:26:30 AM »

Isn’t this guy a cutie?