Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FRENCHING  (Read 4105 times)

Ginny

Re: FRENCHING
« Reply #60 on: October 19, 2020, 08:54:11 AM »

DR Singdaw, I hope today's appointment goes smoothly.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #61 on: October 19, 2020, 09:01:59 AM »

Cold and rainy here as well DR GINNY.

But that's okay.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: October 19, 2020, 09:05:21 AM »

Yes, it is OK, DR JRand.  I started one new knitting project yesterday and plan to start another today.  I also have a special request paper crafting project to complete for my friend Rebecca, so there's plenty to keep me busy.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: October 19, 2020, 09:05:35 AM »

DR singdaw yes it is nice that DePauw is doing this project.  The students are a mix of on-campus and virtual ones so getting their costumes & props to them is a chore.

I live 35 miles away - so I provided my own costumes and props.  I needed a top hat, but it was brought to me by the costume shop head who also happens to be a member of the PCPH board.  So I got it at the October 11 meeting.

I'll take it back to the theatre on November 4 when we record the Season Announcement if it's needed before next April.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: October 19, 2020, 09:06:11 AM »

I hope MR BK got some sleep last night.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #65 on: October 19, 2020, 09:07:28 AM »

The furnace has come on now and then.  It is nice to get the chill out of the air in the house.....

Barnum does NOT like cold weather.  When the furnace is running, he is singing and swinging.  He is the midst of divesting himself of his summer feathers and getting his winter ones.....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: October 19, 2020, 09:40:42 AM »

DRs Matthew and singdaw, thanks for the suggestions and vibes.  She and Thatch have been lying down with me while I napped though our court shows.  I do love her, and most of the time I just regard her pica issues as annoying, but today I snapped.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #67 on: October 19, 2020, 09:51:15 AM »

I just confirmed my ballot has been received by the New York Board of Elections.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #68 on: October 19, 2020, 09:58:49 AM »

My sister Linda talked on the phone with Mom. Said she sounded better. They’re still monitoring her.

May your news continue to improve.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2020, 09:59:33 AM »

According to the doctor, I did not pass a kidney stone. I passed a bladder stone. I was not aware of such blessings. I had to Google them.

:o  Whatever it was, at least it passed ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2020, 10:04:30 AM »

I'd like to think a Trump supporter is behind this Indianapolis street painting, but the interviewed Trumpers I've seen wouldn't know what a library is.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2020, 10:12:14 AM »

Vibes for DR ELMORE.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2020, 10:17:23 AM »

Talked with Mom. Her energy is improving. She’s having an MRI later today. She’s still under observation, but her doctor is pleased with his progress. Her bruised rib area is still painful. 
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: October 19, 2020, 10:19:49 AM »

Talked with Mom. Her energy is improving. She’s having an MRI later today. She’s still under observation, but her doctor is pleased with his progress. Her bruised rib area is still painful. 

This bodes well, I think.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: October 19, 2020, 10:20:29 AM »

Vibes for DR ELMORE.

Thanks, DR JRand70!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 19, 2020, 10:23:05 AM »

I need a sherpa this week to help me move and put away books, begin the next sort of unnecessary ones for DR ChasSmith's libraries, and to put away DVDs. Curse this pandemic!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #76 on: October 19, 2020, 10:49:45 AM »

~~~CONTINUED COMFORT AND HEALING VIBES~~~ for the mother of DR John G.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #77 on: October 19, 2020, 10:52:20 AM »

Thanks again for the good wishes. The appointment was surprising. The doctor went to take a sample of the growth for biopsy, and the entire thing just popped out. I was amazed at how large it was. In any case, of course it will be sent for testing. Assuming it was benign, nothing further will be required, which is quite a relief. Thanks to local anesthesia, I didn't feel a thing. It's draining a bit, but no torrent of blood, so all in all a very successful appointment.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #78 on: October 19, 2020, 10:53:16 AM »

Vibes for DRs JohnG and singdaw this morning!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~DITTO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #79 on: October 19, 2020, 10:53:40 AM »

Healthy Vibes for DR TCB!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~DITTO, TOO!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #80 on: October 19, 2020, 10:54:09 AM »

Thanks again for the good wishes. The appointment was surprising. The doctor went to take a sample of the growth for biopsy, and the entire thing just popped out. I was amazed at how large it was. In any case, of course it will be sent for testing. Assuming it was benign, nothing further will be required, which is quite a relief. Thanks to local anesthesia, I didn't feel a thing. It's draining a bit, but no torrent of blood, so all in all a very successful appointment.

Great news, Singdaw!! :D

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #81 on: October 19, 2020, 10:56:47 AM »

In other news, it is snowing.     :)

George

« Reply #82 on: October 19, 2020, 10:57:04 AM »

The first bus that came along was an uptown one, and I couldn't do it. Nearly three years later, I am so happy I made the right decision to let that bus go by.

I bring this up because today, after eighteen months, I am ready to to return Stella.  I've spent the last hour cleaning up and vacuuming the remains of a telephone book and a roll of paper towels she's shredded.  I am so tired of this and it's either return her or beast her to a pulp.  Perhaps I will change mind on both once I've had some breakfast and calmed down.

~~~VIBES OF COPING FOR LARRY!!~~~

George

« Reply #83 on: October 19, 2020, 10:57:32 AM »

In other news, it is snowing.     :)

Nice! 

George

« Reply #84 on: October 19, 2020, 11:00:49 AM »

According to the doctor, I did not pass a kidney stone. I passed a bladder stone. I was not aware of such blessings. I had to Google them.

:o That doesn't sound good!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #85 on: October 19, 2020, 11:06:12 AM »

We are having some wonderful chicken soup delivered for lunch.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2020, 12:06:32 PM »

DR singdaw, I was thinking you had polyps.  I', glad it was so easily resolved and that my situation didn't require the surgery I need to address soon.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #87 on: October 19, 2020, 12:08:22 PM »

Thanks, DR elmore3003.   Continued ~~~MEDICAL VIBES~~~ to you for your situation.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #88 on: October 19, 2020, 12:10:32 PM »

The latest is that they want to analyze my urine to see if they can determine why my body is producing so many kidney and bladder stones. So I get to pee into cannisters for 48 hours. The fun never stops!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #89 on: October 19, 2020, 12:11:17 PM »

Who said "Getting old is not for the faint-hearted"?      8)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up