Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FRENCHING  (Read 4131 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: FRENCHING
« Reply #120 on: October 19, 2020, 02:49:11 PM »

I feel badly for you, DR elmore3003.   ~~HUGS~~~

I've had better days!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: October 19, 2020, 02:50:43 PM »

BK, I agree with you about the Anyone Can Whistle artwork.  I kept looking at it and thinking, what's the Eiffel Tower doing in it?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 02:56:11 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #122 on: October 19, 2020, 03:37:34 PM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #123 on: October 19, 2020, 03:40:40 PM »

I was just informed that, as an employee of the State of Minnesota, we will be continuing to work from home at least through June, 2021.

And that's just fine with me.

Great news.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #124 on: October 19, 2020, 03:41:25 PM »

BK, I agree with you about the Anyone Can Whistle artwork.  I kept looking at it and thinking, what's the Eiffel Tower doing in it?

The bad French accent?
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #125 on: October 19, 2020, 03:42:05 PM »

Sorry about your freezer malfunction, DR Elmore.  I know it wasn't easy to pitch all that food, but better safe than sorry!

Thanks. This has been a day I will be happy to see end.

((((HUGS)))))
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: October 19, 2020, 03:44:46 PM »

Re John Yap - he is shameless and really ignorant.  He's been sitting on that recording for twenty-four YEARS.  I've called him out on that as have others - he gets very testy, very childish, and he finally decides to mix the album and acts like he's God for doing so, has been posting relentlessly about it everywhere you can post, had a cover art contest and if that's the best he got it's really bad and many people have commented on it and he  goes after anyone who does, saying it's brilliant and everyone will understand when they see it, got Sondheim to give him a quote (who hasn't), and at this point I'm beyond caring if it's good or bad.  And why forty-two musicians - listen to the OBC - it sounds great and they most certainly did not augment what was already a large band by Broadway standards.  He really is a mess and he REALLY doesn't like me, which means I enjoy taking him on every now and then, just for fun, to watch him attack me and implode.

He doesn't like me either, because I asked him for more money for all those orchestra tracks of mine that he uses on 4-6 different singers. He also gave all the charts I did for Matt Bogart to one of those Bravo Broadway concert companies, and I don't evenm know if I get credited when those charts are used.  I also wonder if he pays R&H and other rental places for pulling the same crap.

I responded in the thread.  I lost any respect when, for all his solo albums, he would make the singers use tracks he already had for other albums - yes, he'd have a few new orchestrations, but anyone who recycles tracks like that is putting the singer in a box they probably don't wish to be in. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: October 19, 2020, 03:47:21 PM »

Yes, the Eiffel Tower is in reference to Come Play Wiz Me, but what has that really to do with the themes of story of Anyone Can Whistle - it's a side note not what the show is about.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: October 19, 2020, 03:50:04 PM »

Re John Yap - he is shameless and really ignorant.  He's been sitting on that recording for twenty-four YEARS.  I've called him out on that as have others - he gets very testy, very childish, and he finally decides to mix the album and acts like he's God for doing so, has been posting relentlessly about it everywhere you can post, had a cover art contest and if that's the best he got it's really bad and many people have commented on it and he  goes after anyone who does, saying it's brilliant and everyone will understand when they see it, got Sondheim to give him a quote (who hasn't), and at this point I'm beyond caring if it's good or bad.  And why forty-two musicians - listen to the OBC - it sounds great and they most certainly did not augment what was already a large band by Broadway standards.  He really is a mess and he REALLY doesn't like me, which means I enjoy taking him on every now and then, just for fun, to watch him attack me and implode.

He doesn't like me either, because I asked him for more money for all those orchestra tracks of mine that he uses on 4-6 different singers. He also gave all the charts I did for Matt Bogart to one of those Bravo Broadway concert companies, and I don't evenm know if I get credited when those charts are used.  I also wonder if he pays R&H and other rental places for pulling the same crap.

I responded in the thread.  I lost any respect when, for all his solo albums, he would make the singers use tracks he already had for other albums - yes, he'd have a few new orchestrations, but anyone who recycles tracks like that is putting the singer in a box they probably don't wish to be in. 

I saw your post.♥️

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #129 on: October 19, 2020, 03:50:36 PM »

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #130 on: October 19, 2020, 03:55:01 PM »

I was just informed that, as an employee of the State of Minnesota, we will be continuing to work from home at least through June, 2021.

YAY!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #131 on: October 19, 2020, 03:59:15 PM »

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #132 on: October 19, 2020, 04:08:02 PM »

Thanks again for the good wishes. The appointment was surprising. The doctor went to take a sample of the growth for biopsy, and the entire thing just popped out. I was amazed at how large it was. In any case, of course it will be sent for testing. Assuming it was benign, nothing further will be required, which is quite a relief. Thanks to local anesthesia, I didn't feel a thing. It's draining a bit, but no torrent of blood, so all in all a very successful appointment.

I am glad you won’t have to have surgery to remove it.  Vibes and prayers that it is benign.  Continued need healing on the kidney
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #133 on: October 19, 2020, 04:08:40 PM »

Talked with Mom. Her energy is improving. She’s having an MRI later today. She’s still under observation, but her doctor is pleased with his progress. Her bruised rib area is still painful. 

Vibes and prayers for your Mom

vixmom

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2020, 04:09:46 PM »

According to the doctor, I did not pass a kidney stone. I passed a bladder stone. I was not aware of such blessings. I had to Google them.

Ouch, that sounds painful.  Vibes and prayers for a quick recovery and no more stones anywhere!

John G.

« Reply #135 on: October 19, 2020, 04:11:02 PM »

It’s ugly, to be sure.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #136 on: October 19, 2020, 04:13:18 PM »

Vixmom, I’ll post a link to the soup when I find it. Costco had a five-pound bag of organic butternut squash, with the cubes in individual one-pound bags inside. It was very easy using that.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #137 on: October 19, 2020, 04:15:24 PM »

― Voltaire

vixmom

« Reply #138 on: October 19, 2020, 04:15:45 PM »

Vixmom, I’ll post a link to the soup when I find it. Costco had a five-pound bag of organic butternut squash, with the cubes in individual one-pound bags inside. It was very easy using that.

Thank you !

vixmom

« Reply #139 on: October 19, 2020, 04:42:47 PM »

https://www.gimmesomeoven.com/slow-cooker-butternut-squash-soup-recipe/

I used the whole can of coconut milk.

That looks absolutely wonderful I can’t wait to make it

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: October 19, 2020, 04:52:17 PM »

But WHY is it taking 24 freaking years to put out this ONE recording??  It's not like this is the only recording that he's been working on and nothing else has come out from his company.  What's going on with this?? :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #141 on: October 19, 2020, 04:53:03 PM »

That's great, Singdaw!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #142 on: October 19, 2020, 04:53:10 PM »

George

George

« Reply #144 on: October 19, 2020, 04:54:00 PM »

Talked with Mom. Her energy is improving. She’s having an MRI later today. She’s still under observation, but her doctor is pleased with his progress. Her bruised rib area is still painful. 

Vibes and prayers for your Mom

~~~SUPER DITTO!!~~~

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #145 on: October 19, 2020, 04:56:08 PM »

Wear a Mask.

https://youtu.be/ltjBT_TuUVA

LOVE THIS!!  Saw it earlier and sent it out to worthy friends. LOL

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #146 on: October 19, 2020, 04:57:25 PM »

But WHY is it taking 24 freaking years to put out this ONE recording??  It's not like this is the only recording that he's been working on and nothing else has come out from his company.  What's going on with this?? :-\

I believe he has other "Complete" recordings "in the can" as well - for just as long. 

George

« Reply #147 on: October 19, 2020, 05:12:07 PM »

I believe he has other "Complete" recordings "in the can" as well - for just as long. 

But WHY?? ???

ChasSmith

« Reply #148 on: October 19, 2020, 06:14:41 PM »

The following is a public service announcement:

Criterion’s biannual 24-hour 50%-off flash sale commences at noon eastern on the morrow.

www.criterion.com

Edit:  In-stock goods only, best to show up early.

« Last Edit: October 19, 2020, 06:19:06 PM by ChasSmith »

John G.

« Reply #149 on: October 19, 2020, 06:41:54 PM »

The following is a public service announcement:

Criterion’s biannual 24-hour 50%-off flash sale commences at noon eastern on the morrow.

www.criterion.com

Edit:  In-stock goods only, best to show up early.

Thanks. Hopefully, I can get Toni, the new Renoir release.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up