Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: WEIRD JAPANESE THINGS  (Read 4092 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: WEIRD JAPANESE THINGS
« Reply #60 on: October 21, 2020, 12:32:34 PM »

So there goes the Disneyland trip fund.

:(  I am sorry.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: October 21, 2020, 12:36:24 PM »

Do you own the refrigerator, Elmore, or does the apartment complex own it?

The apartment owns it.  I got a new stove and fridge in 2012, and today the service man pronounced the fridge dead.  I will be getting a new one on Friday afternoon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #62 on: October 21, 2020, 12:49:04 PM »

The service man loved Stella, who behaved quite nicely.  She sat on the chest next to the kitchen area and watched him work.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 01:42:16 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #63 on: October 21, 2020, 12:54:26 PM »

Well, at least you don't have to shell out several hundred dollars for a new one.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #64 on: October 21, 2020, 12:56:17 PM »

The apartment owns it.  I got a new stove and fridge in 2012, and today the service man pronounced the fridge dead.  I will be getting a new one on Friday afternoon.

Eight years isn't a long time. :-\ I moved into my apartment 14 years ago this month(!) and was told that the appliances were new in 2004.  So if that's true, mine are 16 years old and still going strong. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2020, 12:56:25 PM »

So there goes the Disneyland trip fund.

:(  I am sorry.

I’m also sorry. I’m facing the same thing in the new year.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #66 on: October 21, 2020, 12:56:49 PM »

Well, at least you don't have to shell out several hundred dollars for a new one.

Which is not a bad thing!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #67 on: October 21, 2020, 12:56:52 PM »

The service man loved Stella, who behaved quite nicely.  She sat on the chest next to the kitchen areaand watched him work.

That’s sweet.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #68 on: October 21, 2020, 01:12:08 PM »

DR Laura:

My central AC made it 24 years, too. It would have lasted another year or two, even though we knew it was in a delicate condition. But after we'd had that tornado activity and extended power outages in 2018, it survived that okay and even ran on our generator power just fine. But it didn't survive whatever was going on when the power company was restoring power to the neighborhood. It finally seized up and would not start again. The company servicing it said that it was very possible that a surge knocked it out when they were working on the power, because a few other customers reported the same thing.

As it happened, Nathan owned a few window ACs that are in fine shape and we just put those in the past two summers and have been fine. For the replacement of the entire unit -- the compressor that sits outside the house, and the other half that attaches to the furnace -- I'm looking at about six grand. The insurance company offered so little that I said I'd wait for a while. They won't replace just parts for anything using the old refrigerant, you have to install completely new units. Which is a nice racket. At least I won't be looking at the kind of structural work that you are. What a nightmare.

ChasSmith

« Reply #69 on: October 21, 2020, 01:13:20 PM »

And I'm sorry to hear this will affect something like a Disneyland getaway. I do know what that feels like.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: October 21, 2020, 01:15:55 PM »

Eight years isn't a long time. :-\ I moved into my apartment 14 years ago this month(!) and was told that the appliances were new in 2004.  So if that's true, mine are 16 years old and still going strong. :)

When my fridge was replaced in 2012, it was at least 32 years old.

ChasSmith

« Reply #71 on: October 21, 2020, 01:16:19 PM »

DR Elmore:

I'm glad to hear they "totaled" the fridge. Seriously, you don't want one that has failed to that extent. In my experience, it's extremely unlikely that they could really repair it, so I'm happy to know that they readily admitted that and are taking the correct action.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: October 21, 2020, 01:18:18 PM »

LOL!

George

« Reply #73 on: October 21, 2020, 01:30:31 PM »

When my fridge was replaced in 2012, it was at least 32 years old.

Wow!  That's amazing!

George

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2020, 01:31:46 PM »

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2020, 01:33:35 PM »

Wednesday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I have a date to try to get flu shots today.  We have to go to a pharmacy, because our useless primary care practice is not making appointments "just" for flu shots.

We always go to the pharmacy for our shots.

We have, too, in the past, DR Jane, but I was hoping to avoid such a public place this year.  We survived, but the only person wearing a mask in the store was the pharmacist who took care of us.  There were several other customers and a clerk - all unmasked - and the clerk was ranting and raving about how understaffed they and how overworked she is.  She was right, but I didn't care to hear it.  We couldn't get home fast enough.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2020, 01:35:14 PM »

As retirees, we didn't have to worry about losing jobs in this pandemic. So, we are actually quite fortunate that the Disneyland fund didn't have to go to living expenses.

So, I guess the little boy will be a little bit older when he goes. Maybe he will remember it.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Laura

« Reply #77 on: October 21, 2020, 01:36:44 PM »

The only stores I go into now are a small grocery/produce store, CVS pharmacy, and PetsMart, because there's hardly anyone in any of those stores.

We got our flu shots a couple months ago at CVS. The one we go to is not busy, and we were out within 10 minutes.
                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 21, 2020, 01:43:04 PM »

The service man loved Stella, who behaved quite nicely.  She sat on the chest next to the kitchen area and watched him work.

That’s sweet.

She has her moments, God love her.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #79 on: October 21, 2020, 01:43:07 PM »

My flu shot last week was easy.  Called when I got there......they called back and told me they were ready.  I went in got the shot and left.....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #80 on: October 21, 2020, 01:43:33 PM »

We will need a photograph of the new fridge DR ELMORE.  I hope the cats like it.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #81 on: October 21, 2020, 01:44:19 PM »

We will be recording my first scene tonight in about half an hour.

Tonight at 9 pm. - the second episode of The Amazing Race!

Jane

« Reply #82 on: October 21, 2020, 01:46:17 PM »

Wednesday afternoon greetings!  Richard and I have a date to try to get flu shots today.  We have to go to a pharmacy, because our useless primary care practice is not making appointments "just" for flu shots.

We always go to the pharmacy for our shots.

We have, too, in the past, DR Jane, but I was hoping to avoid such a public place this year.  We survived, but the only person wearing a mask in the store was the pharmacist who took care of us.  There were several other customers and a clerk - all unmasked - and the clerk was ranting and raving about how understaffed they and how overworked she is.  She was right, but I didn't care to hear it.  We couldn't get home fast enough.

OMG.  I didn't realize, or forgot, masks are not required in Ohio.  I would be wearing an N95 mask for all shopping if I lived there.  That is what I did here until masks were required.

Today I wore my N95 for my eye check.  With my allergies (must be allergies since a cold never happened) I wanted extra protection for both of us.  I find when I feel like this my resistance is down and I am more susceptible to catching something.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: October 21, 2020, 01:49:15 PM »

As retirees, we didn't have to worry about losing jobs in this pandemic. So, we are actually quite fortunate that the Disneyland fund didn't have to go to living expenses.

So, I guess the little boy will be a little bit older when he goes. Maybe he will remember it.

He still would have had a great time and I know it is disappointing. 

Jane

« Reply #84 on: October 21, 2020, 01:49:59 PM »

Have fun.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: October 21, 2020, 02:32:22 PM »

I want to limp over to the Manhattan Animal Care Center and adopt 12-week old Lennox now!❤️❤️❤️

George

« Reply #86 on: October 21, 2020, 02:35:07 PM »

Hope it went well!

George

« Reply #87 on: October 21, 2020, 02:35:38 PM »

I want to limp over to the Manhattan Animal Care Center and adopt 12-week old Lennox now!❤️❤️❤️

Sweet!! ;D

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #88 on: October 21, 2020, 02:46:11 PM »

Hope your scene went well, DR Jrand70.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #89 on: October 21, 2020, 02:46:57 PM »

Lennox is adorable.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 02:55:58 PM by singdaw »
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up