Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A PATCH OF BLU  (Read 4472 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: A PATCH OF BLU
« Reply #60 on: October 27, 2020, 12:00:05 PM »

Three!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #61 on: October 27, 2020, 12:00:31 PM »

Hello, 1 guest!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Laura

« Reply #62 on: October 27, 2020, 12:08:12 PM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #63 on: October 27, 2020, 12:09:04 PM »

Today I made my first trip into a large store since March.  I got to Target when they opened and had a nice time walking around.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

John G.

― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #65 on: October 27, 2020, 12:53:08 PM »

About this Amy Coney Barrett appointment to the SCOTUS: if there is a huge Democrat sweep in the election, I would think there must surely be a loophole to rid the court of her and Kavanaugh. Then, again, another superspreader at the White House last night might just kill a few.

Larry, I don't know if there's anything that anyone can do to get rid of a SC justice once they've been seated. :P
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #66 on: October 27, 2020, 12:53:17 PM »

Sadly Elizabeth Hartman was never able to capitalize on her terrific performance in a Patch o Blue. She eventually committed suicide at age of 43.

Oh, no! :(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #67 on: October 27, 2020, 12:53:26 PM »

Exorcised, maybe. He is a veritable minion of Satan.

I knew in the 1980s his gay brother Frederick, who wanted me to orchestrate a ballet for the NYC Ballet.  Peter Martins, a real shit, vertoed me.

How rude! >:(

John G.

« Reply #68 on: October 27, 2020, 12:54:32 PM »

I’m in a zoom meeting and a leader, not realizing he wasn’t on mute, started ridiculing a woman while she was asking a rather long question. How unprofessional.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: October 27, 2020, 01:05:16 PM »

WARNING:

USA TODAY
Listeria outbreak linked to Italian-style deli meats kills 1, hospitalizes 9 across 3 states, CDC says
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/listeria-outbreak-linked-italian-style-223344730.html

Jane

« Reply #70 on: October 27, 2020, 01:06:14 PM »

Today I made my first trip into a large store since March.  I got to Target when they opened and had a nice time walking around.

While not as large, Fred Meyer is pretty big plus we have been going to Costco. 

Jane

« Reply #71 on: October 27, 2020, 01:08:55 PM »

I’m in a zoom meeting and a leader, not realizing he wasn’t on mute, started ridiculing a woman while she was asking a rather long question. How unprofessional.

And stupid.  Do you think there will be consequences?

George

« Reply #72 on: October 27, 2020, 01:13:09 PM »

And on a happier note (C-natural), Judge says Justice Department cannot defend Trump in E. Jean Carroll rape defamation suit. ;D

Trump's statements about the allegations were not within the scope of his official conduct, the judge wrote.

John G.

« Reply #73 on: October 27, 2020, 01:16:04 PM »

Headline of the day: Screw Those Kids, Eat All the Candy Yourself
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #74 on: October 27, 2020, 01:46:55 PM »

DR elmore3003 - I hope that Customer Service also helped you de-activate the missing laundry card.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #75 on: October 27, 2020, 01:54:48 PM »

I'm up, I'm up - nine hours of sleep and have been dealing with irritating crap since getting up, over an  hour and a half of it.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #76 on: October 27, 2020, 01:55:11 PM »

DR elmore3003 - I hope that Customer Service also helped you de-activate the missing laundry card.

Well, it's no longer on my account, and if it were indeed stolen, it can only be used with a washer or dryer from that company.  I'm not going to worry about it.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: October 27, 2020, 01:55:27 PM »

They can't get rid of anyone but the CAN add two liberal judges to even things out.  That loophole is absolutely doable.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: October 27, 2020, 01:59:28 PM »

Re Elizabeth Hartman - she did several high profile films right after A Patch of Blue - The Group, You're a Big Boy Now, The Beguiled, and the huge hit, Walking Tall.  After that, she began doing TV - she even did an episode of Doctor's Hospital with George Peppard, the first episode of which I was in.  She was in Full Moon High and voiced The Secret of NIMH.  Apparently, she was not a happy person.  She suffered from mental health issues and spent some time in treatment centers for it.  She was also suicidal and finally was successful at it.  She'd given up acting by the time she committed suicide.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 02:03:06 PM by bk »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: October 27, 2020, 02:06:36 PM »

Last night we watched the first hour of A Street Cat Named Bob, and this ties in with yesterday's TOD. I loved the movie when I first saw it two years ago.  Since then, I read the book, and while I think it's a wonderful and moving film about a recovering heroin addict's rescuing an injured alley cat who in turn rescues the addict, the book's account is loosely transferred to a screenplay, as though the screenwriter was given a brief synopsis of the book and then used his imagination to fill in the screenplay, retaining only the basic facts of the tale.

Luke Treadaway is really wonderful, and the recently deceased streetcat Bob plays himself.  Joanna Froggatt, who played Anna Bates in Downton Abbey, plays his drug counselor.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2020, 02:20:35 PM »

Well, I'm tired. Not unlike Lili von Shtupp, though probably for different reasons. This transcription is as good as it's going to get. Time for a break and a shower and a snack, then I can begin trying to write it out neatly.

Jane

« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2020, 03:09:48 PM »

They can't get rid of anyone but the CAN add two liberal judges to even things out.  That loophole is absolutely doable.

Then that opens another can of worms that might be a problem down the road.  Of course at this point the possibility of this even being an option all speculation.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #82 on: October 27, 2020, 03:22:06 PM »

Good Afternoon -

Just plugging along here.  Had a COVID test today.  Results should be in in a few days.  We have to have one once a month for school.  DD Ben had an OK night last night, but he was still very needy.  I think we reached an understanding by 11:30pm or so and slept through to the alarm at 5:45am or so.  He and DD are still at camp, and DD Ben has a vet appointment at 7:00pm this eve to check his eye.  I'm sure he's fine. 

TOD - I'm saddened by Jerry's Deli closing as well, as that used to be stop for me when I was in the LA area.  As for around my area, I can' t think of any place that has closed because of COVID.  One of my favorite restaurants closed right when lockdown began, but I think it was going to anyway. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: October 27, 2020, 03:29:03 PM »

The only restaurant I know that has definitely closed is Cafe Frida, and I mourn its passing.

John G.

« Reply #84 on: October 27, 2020, 03:41:25 PM »

The pain from this bladder stone has gotten worse, so I’m having an X-ray tomorrow and a doctor’s appointment Thursday. If I last that long. It’s hard moving about.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: October 27, 2020, 03:42:31 PM »

I think I’m going to go soak for a long time with my new book, The Ghost Stories of Edith Wharton. It practically leapt off the shelf yesterday.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #86 on: October 27, 2020, 03:52:44 PM »

The pain from this bladder stone has gotten worse, so I’m having an X-ray tomorrow and a doctor’s appointment Thursday. If I last that long. It’s hard moving about.

~~~Feel Better and QUICKLY Vibes for John!!~~~

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #87 on: October 27, 2020, 03:59:37 PM »

DR John G. - I have been there, very recently, and I'm really sorry for your discomfort. I pray that you get relief soon.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

Ginny

« Reply #88 on: October 27, 2020, 04:04:20 PM »

Tuesday evening greetings!  I had Zoom meetings last night and at noon today and spent lots of time in the kitchen over the weekend. 
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: October 27, 2020, 04:05:28 PM »

Hello, everyone.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up