Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A PATCH OF BLU  (Read 4486 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re: A PATCH OF BLU
« Reply #120 on: October 27, 2020, 05:16:04 PM »

Vibes for John
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #121 on: October 27, 2020, 05:19:34 PM »

How are you Vixmom?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 05:51:13 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #122 on: October 27, 2020, 05:20:25 PM »

The discussion prompted me to check on a couple of our favorite restaurants in Ashland.  I was pleased to see they are still open. 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: October 27, 2020, 05:35:59 PM »

I finished the movie, and the cats, especially Thatch, want their nightly brushing.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: October 27, 2020, 05:37:13 PM »

DR JohnG, I hope your bladder stone issues are ended very soon.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #125 on: October 27, 2020, 05:38:35 PM »

The pain from this bladder stone has gotten worse, so I’m having an X-ray tomorrow and a doctor’s appointment Thursday. If I last that long. It’s hard moving about.

~~~Feel Better and QUICKLY Vibes for John!!~~~

Ditto! I thought the stone had passed the other day. Sorry you're still dealing with it.

Thank you, all. I think I had a kidney stone and still have the bladder stone. But we'll find out in a day or two.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #126 on: October 27, 2020, 05:39:31 PM »

Richard has a philosophy:  If there’s a business you want around when this is all over, patronize them NOW.  Just yesterday he drove me to Hamilton to purchase yarn at Lambikin’s Hideaway for that very reason.  I’m knitting a baby blanket for our great niece who’s due in January.

Nice gift.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #127 on: October 27, 2020, 05:40:31 PM »

This also cut my bill in half so that was a bonus

Yay!!!!
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #128 on: October 27, 2020, 05:40:45 PM »

DR Jeanne, Freia is the Norse-German goddess of youth, who plays a major part in Wagner's opera
 Das Rheingold, the first opera in the Ring Cycle.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: October 27, 2020, 05:40:51 PM »

As much as I want to see restaurants remain open, some of them need to step up to the plate. Today I went out for falafel take-out at a place I've been many times. The young man who took my order at the counter was polite and helpful, but a few minutes later went outside to say hello to his buddies. First the hug, then handshakes. He wore a mask, but his buddies did not. He came indoors and resumed his duties without washing his hands. I found this off-putting. It wouldn't have bothered me pre-Covid, but it bothers me now. I think many people only wear a mask because it's mandatory and don't understand why it's important to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer. People have gotten blase and it's no wonder that the case numbers have risen.

This is not good for business! Many of us now have higher standards for restaurants than we did before Covid. We want things to be clean!

Since you stop there often will you let the owner know.  Pre-covid not washing his hands would have bothered me.

Not washing hands is pretty much a food handlers' violation!  He should've washed his hands as soon as he came back in!  Definitely let the owner know!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #130 on: October 27, 2020, 05:46:32 PM »

As much as I want to see restaurants remain open, some of them need to step up to the plate. Today I went out for falafel take-out at a place I've been many times. The young man who took my order at the counter was polite and helpful, but a few minutes later went outside to say hello to his buddies. First the hug, then handshakes. He wore a mask, but his buddies did not. He came indoors and resumed his duties without washing his hands. I found this off-putting. It wouldn't have bothered me pre-Covid, but it bothers me now. I think many people only wear a mask because it's mandatory and don't understand why it's important to wash your hands or use hand sanitizer. People have gotten blase and it's no wonder that the case numbers have risen.

This is not good for business! Many of us now have higher standards for restaurants than we did before Covid. We want things to be clean!

Since you stop there often will you let the owner know.  Pre-covid not washing his hands would have bothered me.

I don't know the manager there and am reluctant to complain in a public forum such as Yelp. If I can mention something discreetly I will.

Check out their website and maybe there's a link to contact them.  That might be an option.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #131 on: October 27, 2020, 05:46:39 PM »

Re SCOTUS:
I have a  hunch that there will be a surprise with Amy Coney Barrett. I don't know what the surprise will be, but for weeks now I've had this feeling.

I hope you are right and it is a very good surprise.

FYI:  surprises can be good or bad...or even really bad! :o

George

« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2020, 05:46:53 PM »

My dentist deemed that the root canal was unnecessary and gave me a temporary crown.

Nice!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2020, 05:47:28 PM »

Well, I had decided not to adopt Lennox, and tonight the ACC posted his video.  He is so adorable!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GsgkHjpU5Xg
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 05:49:46 PM by elmore3003 »

George

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2020, 05:50:44 PM »

My dental appointment went well.  I had some gum issues last time, so I was prescribed a mouth rinse that tends to darken teeth and encourage tartar buildup, so I could only use it for a week after I got it.  After the cleaning today (and my hygienist had to use a stronger cleaning that cleans more thoroughly), I had shown improvement, so she was glad about that.  So was I!

Jane

« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2020, 05:50:46 PM »

My dentist deemed that the root canal was unnecessary and gave me a temporary crown. 

Vibes you will soon be free of pain.

Jane

« Reply #136 on: October 27, 2020, 05:51:00 PM »

This also cut my bill in half so that was a bonus

Yay.

Jane

« Reply #137 on: October 27, 2020, 05:51:32 PM »

How are you Vixmom?

Odd, but I did not see your posts prior to asking.

John G.

« Reply #138 on: October 27, 2020, 05:52:15 PM »

Andrew Lloyd Webber's Show Must Go On selection for this coming weekend is a musical version of Wind in the Willows. I think this is from the guys who wrote Honk! and the substandard additional songs in Mary Poppins.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #139 on: October 27, 2020, 05:52:55 PM »

My dental appointment went well.  I had some gum issues last time, so I was prescribed a mouth rinse that tends to darken teeth and encourage tartar buildup, so I could only use it for a week after I got it.  After the cleaning today (and my hygienist had to use a stronger cleaning that cleans more thoroughly), I had shown improvement, so she was glad about that.  So was I!

Very good news. 

John G.

« Reply #140 on: October 27, 2020, 05:56:02 PM »

Andrew Lloyd Webber's Show Must Go On selection for this coming weekend is a musical version of Wind in the Willows. I think this is from the guys who wrote Honk! and the substandard additional songs in Mary Poppins.

I can't really tell when it starts. They usually start on Friday, but this one supposedly begins tomorrow. It's being billed as a Wednesday matinee.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 05:57:42 PM by John G. »
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #141 on: October 27, 2020, 06:07:53 PM »

Richard has a philosophy:  If there’s a business you want around when this is all over, patronize them NOW.  Just yesterday he drove me to Hamilton to purchase yarn at Lambikin’s Hideaway for that very reason.  I’m knitting a baby blanket for our great niece who’s due in January.

DR Ginny, this thought has been in my head all day, and this afternoon I vowed to go to my #1 special place tomorrow. And this discussion has me ready to check into any other stores and eating jernts around the area that aren't chains. I might just make myself a handy list of those who in my opinion most be supported.

ChasSmith

« Reply #142 on: October 27, 2020, 06:09:43 PM »

It's of course also possible to be sad when something that IS part of a chain closes. Hell, we loved our Pier 1 store and as of recently all their Connecticut locations are history. I'd even be sorry if our one lone Denny's didn't make it. Y'all can chuckle at that one if you like, but once in a while stopping in there is a special thing for me because of long past associations with it, and I remember the years before the Danbury area even had one. People were truly excited when they opened here. That has to have been 25 years ago.

ChasSmith

« Reply #143 on: October 27, 2020, 06:10:48 PM »

Best vibes for DR John G. and the stones!

Hmm. Could that be a new band?

John G.

« Reply #144 on: October 27, 2020, 06:14:33 PM »

Best vibes for DR John G. and the stones!

Hmm. Could that be a new band?

I might be providing a soundtrack of some sort if the pain gets worse. :)
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: October 27, 2020, 06:23:08 PM »

I am quite ready for this day to be done.  Oh, it is done.  Hopefully the evening will be less irritating.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: October 27, 2020, 06:31:07 PM »

It's of course also possible to be sad when something that IS part of a chain closes. Hell, we loved our Pier 1 store and as of recently all their Connecticut locations are history. I'd even be sorry if our one lone Denny's didn't make it. Y'all can chuckle at that one if you like, but once in a while stopping in there is a special thing for me because of long past associations with it, and I remember the years before the Danbury area even had one. People were truly excited when they opened here. That has to have been 25 years ago.

We didn't go to Pier 1 all that often, still I was sorry to see it go.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: October 27, 2020, 06:31:36 PM »

Had two chili, cheese, and onion hot dogs and one dog with mustard and onions.  Didn't use that much chili either - total calories for the day thus far are 800, so I'll get something of 200 calories or less later - may go to Ralph's and get some fruit, anyway.  At this point, I'm ready to eat an entire damn cake.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #148 on: October 27, 2020, 06:32:01 PM »

Szell is at least now bringing me some pleasure - a superb Prokofiev 5th.

Jane

« Reply #149 on: October 27, 2020, 06:32:14 PM »

Our friend who had to evacuate yesterday just returned home :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up