Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BARBER CHAIR  (Read 6111 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE BARBER CHAIR
« Reply #180 on: November 07, 2020, 08:26:04 PM »

Seven!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #181 on: November 07, 2020, 08:29:20 PM »

Just returned from a pleasant evening eating burgers and sausages and sipping rum and cokes and basking in unseasonably warm weather on the neighbor’s deck.

ChasSmith

« Reply #182 on: November 07, 2020, 08:38:15 PM »

Good Morning - and what a morning it has been!!!  Today, I expect to get some packing done.  I have a meeting to go to - now I wished I would have voted for a Zoom meeting - and my stint at church and home again for dinner, more packing and probably a celebratory drink and cigar, depends on the weather. 

Great work, America!

Vibes you get it all done with time for the cigar and drink.  I want to know what they both are.

So, book packing is going.  The bottle of Makers Mark 101 needs to be opened... it may be too cold later for a cigar, but I may suck it up and go outside anyway.  That speech by Kamala and Joe was amazing... getting all emotional again.  We are in good hands.

I don’t know the 101, but have you tried Makers 46? I loved that from the first taste.

And though I’ve never in my life been a regular smoker of anything, I do love an occasional cigar. Hmm, perhaps tomorrow, as this weather is supposed to hold for a couple of days...

John G.

« Reply #183 on: November 07, 2020, 08:39:51 PM »

I forgot Mo' Better contains some of the nastiest violence I've ever seen in a movie. Just brutal.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #184 on: November 07, 2020, 08:44:21 PM »

Good Morning - and what a morning it has been!!!  Today, I expect to get some packing done.  I have a meeting to go to - now I wished I would have voted for a Zoom meeting - and my stint at church and home again for dinner, more packing and probably a celebratory drink and cigar, depends on the weather. 

Great work, America!

Vibes you get it all done with time for the cigar and drink.  I want to know what they both are.

So, book packing is going.  The bottle of Makers Mark 101 needs to be opened... it may be too cold later for a cigar, but I may suck it up and go outside anyway.  That speech by Kamala and Joe was amazing... getting all emotional again.  We are in good hands.

I don’t know the 101, but have you tried Makers 46? I loved that from the first taste.

And though I’ve never in my life been a regular smoker of anything, I do love an occasional cigar. Hmm, perhaps tomorrow, as this weather is supposed to hold for a couple of days...
I have tried the 46.  I went into Total Wine looking for Eagle Rare and they were out.  The guy recommended the Makers 101 as an equivalent to Eagle Rare.  We'll see how it goes. 

I'm going to check the weather outside, I may be able to get a cigar in.  I'm usually a one every other week cigar guy, or perhaps a pipe.  Depends on the day. Smoking a pipe is a lot of work, got to be in the right mood.  So, we'll see what happens in a bit.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #185 on: November 07, 2020, 09:13:49 PM »

Finished with my viewing.

John G.

« Reply #186 on: November 07, 2020, 09:17:52 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #187 on: November 07, 2020, 10:17:35 PM »

So, I got outside for a drink and cigar.  Cigar wasn't quite to my liking, but oh well.  Still nice outside in the crisp fall air.  I'm excited that in my new place, there is a deck area overlooking the lagoon for nights like this.  Must keep the eye on the prize!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #188 on: November 07, 2020, 10:24:07 PM »

So, I got outside for a drink and cigar.  Cigar wasn't quite to my liking, but oh well.  Still nice outside in the crisp fall air.  I'm excited that in my new place, there is a deck area overlooking the lagoon for nights like this.  Must keep the eye on the prize!

Nice!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #189 on: November 07, 2020, 10:36:14 PM »

I am glad we didn't go downtown today.

"About 200 people gathered Saturday afternoon for a “Stop the Steal” rally in support of President Donald Trump in downtown Vancouver. The rally — and car cruise that followed — was organized by Joey Gibson, founder of right-wing group Patriot Prayer. Demonstrators — some armed with handguns and rifles, and donning tactical vests and two-way radios — waved American and pro-Trump flags."

Jane

« Reply #190 on: November 07, 2020, 10:41:46 PM »

Here's a close-up:

Very nice.  How thick is it?

I didn't measure the thickness of the actual flag, but THIS is what I bought.  It says that it's 3.3 inches deep.  I assume that that's the outside measurement.  When we put the flag in it, the back bowed out a bit, but we were able to close it up.  The frame that I got from Amazon, was a bit smaller in all dimensions, but both said that they fit a flag that's 9' x 5.5'.  Our flag didn't fit in the Amazon frame.  Fortunately, I can send that one back. :)

Thanks for the details.

Jane

« Reply #191 on: November 07, 2020, 10:45:35 PM »

Great work, America!

I hope you enjoyed your drink, if you opened it.  I hate to pack and am lucky to usually get someone else to do it.

Jane

« Reply #192 on: November 07, 2020, 10:47:13 PM »

Just returned from a pleasant evening eating burgers and sausages and sipping rum and cokes and basking in unseasonably warm weather on the neighbor’s deck.

Nice though I prefer my rum and coke in separate glasses.

Jane

« Reply #193 on: November 07, 2020, 10:47:55 PM »

I forgot Mo' Better contains some of the nastiest violence I've ever seen in a movie. Just brutal.

:(

Jane

« Reply #194 on: November 07, 2020, 10:49:42 PM »

Great work, America!

I have tried the 46.  I went into Total Wine looking for Eagle Rare and they were out.  The guy recommended the Makers 101 as an equivalent to Eagle Rare.  We'll see how it goes. 

I'm going to check the weather outside, I may be able to get a cigar in.  I'm usually a one every other week cigar guy, or perhaps a pipe.  Depends on the day. Smoking a pipe is a lot of work, got to be in the right mood.  So, we'll see what happens in a bit.

The work us why Keith stopped smoking them years ago.  I think he also preferred cigars.

Jane

« Reply #195 on: November 07, 2020, 10:50:51 PM »

I hope there will be a photo from your new deck area.

jan

• cats are happiness in fur coats
« Reply #196 on: November 07, 2020, 10:57:15 PM »

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALL MIGHTY, WE ARE FREE AT LAST!

George

« Reply #197 on: November 07, 2020, 11:25:32 PM »

FREE AT LAST, FREE AT LAST, THANK GOD ALL MIGHTY, WE ARE FREE AT LAST!

:D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #198 on: November 07, 2020, 11:25:42 PM »

"About 200 people gathered Saturday afternoon for a “Stop the Steal” rally in support of President Donald Trump in downtown Vancouver. The rally — and car cruise that followed — was organized by Joey Gibson, founder of right-wing group Patriot Prayer. Demonstrators — some armed with handguns and rifles, and donning tactical vests and two-way radios — waved American and pro-Trump flags."

Something like that was happening in downtown Olympia today, too. :-\

George

« Reply #199 on: November 07, 2020, 11:26:00 PM »

When my sister and I were driving to our mom's house, my sister wanted to drive down there to see if anything was happening.  There was a big gathering of Trump supporters with their big pick-up truck and their big Trump flags.  We quickly turned down another street and avoided the whole thing.

:)

George

« Reply #200 on: November 07, 2020, 11:26:22 PM »

Gratuitous Post #200!!

Jane

« Reply #201 on: November 07, 2020, 11:28:18 PM »

Something like that was happening in downtown Olympia today, too. :-\

:(

Jane

« Reply #202 on: November 07, 2020, 11:29:34 PM »

When my sister and I were driving to our mom's house, my sister wanted to drive down there to see if anything was happening.  There was a big gathering of Trump supporters with their big pick-up truck and their big Trump flags.  We quickly turned down another street and avoided the whole thing.

I hope they weren't carrying weapons.

George

« Reply #203 on: November 07, 2020, 11:31:04 PM »

I hope they weren't carrying weapons.

We didn't get close enough to tell.

Jane

« Reply #204 on: November 07, 2020, 11:49:30 PM »

Smart move.

George

« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2020, 12:03:10 AM »

Yup.  We didn't want to get too close.

George

« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2020, 12:08:43 AM »

So, when then numbers started going up for Biden, the song Everybody Rejoice from The Wiz started going through my head, and it really hasn't stopped! ;D

George

« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2020, 12:10:08 AM »

When I searched for that video on YouTube, I also found the same song from the movie soundtrack, but it seems that they renamed it. 

George

« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2020, 12:11:05 AM »

It's now called A Brand New Day.

George

« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2020, 12:12:08 AM »

I think it's the perfect song for people who are happy with the election results. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up