Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: IT'S DECEMBER  (Read 2803 times)

Donald

• So dramatic!
Re: IT'S DECEMBER
« Reply #30 on: December 01, 2020, 07:41:13 AM »

Hi All.....another new radio show is up. It's the holiday season; so, I'm doing a series of Holiday Gift Guide shows for 2020.  This episode is an interview with the amazing Maxine Linehan.  Maxine is originally from Ireland, but now resides in Vermont....she's a talented theatre and cabaret performer.  Her new holiday album This Time Of Year is one of the best of the year!  A real treat and it was a delight to chat with her!  Enjoy!!!
DONALD FELTHAM
Host of the Broadway Radio Show

KevinH

« Reply #31 on: December 01, 2020, 08:20:22 AM »

Good morning!

Ginny

« Reply #32 on: December 01, 2020, 08:37:51 AM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  At noon today I'll be Zooming to the book discussion hosted by the director of the library where my career began.  I only got about one third of the way through Eric Larson's The Splendid and the Vile.  I just wasn't in the mood for surging fascism last month - go figure.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2020, 08:51:51 AM »

Ladies and gentlemen, THE PIE HAS LEFT THE BUILDING.

For a late breakfast, I just polished off the last of the pumpkin pie with a mountain of whipped cream. Along with a fresh cup of Green Mountain Dark Magic, that was a little bit of heaven.

ChasSmith

« Reply #34 on: December 01, 2020, 08:51:58 AM »

So what's for lunch?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: December 01, 2020, 09:49:08 AM »

Petco's site is screwed up this morning and I have been unable to place an order.  I am not happy.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #36 on: December 01, 2020, 10:01:21 AM »

From DR George:
Umm, Jane...is that supposed to be "later" years??
That's one really weird autocorrect! :o

"hks ñare"

hks, obviously a typo which should have been i instead of k.

ñare is my darn international keyboard on my tablet.  It is an example of the strange auto correct spellings I deal with.

Jane

« Reply #37 on: December 01, 2020, 10:08:14 AM »

DR George, wow, to your saving the library book. 

Jane

« Reply #38 on: December 01, 2020, 10:12:55 AM »

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

In case there are still several people in the United States of America who haven't noticed, it's "Giving Tuesday"!

My standard PayPal address may be used, thank you in advance.

;D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: December 01, 2020, 11:20:43 AM »

All the people involved in the filming of the Group Rep plays had to get tested.  Weirdly, that's all we had to do and the deal was no more than three days before the shoot.  We'd planned to do Friday but could get no appointment anywhere, so we did it Saturday morning.  So, I didn't actually have the result yesterday.  It came this morning and...

Your COVID-19 test result
NEGATIVE

A negative result for this test means that SARS-CoV-2 RNA (the cause of COVID-19) was not detected in the collected sample.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2020, 11:20:58 AM »

I'm up, I'm up - seven hours of sleep.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #41 on: December 01, 2020, 11:34:25 AM »

PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT

In case there are still several people in the United States of America who haven't noticed, it's "Giving Tuesday"!

My standard PayPal address may be used, thank you in advance.

Duly noted.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: December 01, 2020, 11:56:02 AM »

All the people involved in the filming of the Group Rep plays had to get tested.  Weirdly, that's all we had to do and the deal was no more than three days before the shoot.  We'd planned to do Friday but could get no appointment anywhere, so we did it Saturday morning.  So, I didn't actually have the result yesterday.  It came this morning and...

NEGATIVE

A negative result for this test means that SARS-CoV-2 RNA (the cause of COVID-19) was not detected in the collected sample.

Fantastic! But I knew you would be negative. DR TCB was the one I worried about.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: December 01, 2020, 11:58:05 AM »

Flogging A Dead Horse should be the title for Trump's sequel to The Art of the Deal.
https://www.huffpost.com/entry/trump-lawsuit-wisconsin-election_n_5fc673b1c5b6e4b1ea4f26e9

Jane

« Reply #44 on: December 01, 2020, 01:08:37 PM »

NEGATIVE

Excellent.  The odds, with your lifestyle, were in your favor.

Jane

« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2020, 01:09:00 PM »

Did everyone else test negative? 

Jane

« Reply #46 on: December 01, 2020, 01:29:58 PM »

Tuesday morning greetings!  At noon today I'll be Zooming to the book discussion hosted by the director of the library where my career began.  I only got about one third of the way through Eric Larson's The Splendid and the Vile.  I just wasn't in the mood for surging fascism last month - go figure.

That's funny.  I am glad my group read it in February.  It was actually interesting comparing Churchill's leadership during the war, especially during the bombings.  He inspired the people to stay strong and do what was necessary while understanding the hardships. 

Jane

« Reply #47 on: December 01, 2020, 01:31:35 PM »

DR George I am glad you encouraged me to get the Pierce library card. I now need one for Keith as our Ashland accounts have expired.  They have given me a one week extension to retrieve my book information. 

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #48 on: December 01, 2020, 01:45:17 PM »

Melania Trump's Christmas Video!

https://www.facebook.com/colbertlateshow/videos/455502601646032

I love it!  She's the ONLY thing that I'm going to miss with Biden in office. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #49 on: December 01, 2020, 01:47:12 PM »

DR George I am glad you encouraged me to get the Pierce library card. I now need one for Keith as our Ashland accounts have expired.  They have given me a one week extension to retrieve my book information. 

Cool!  I've actually also gotten an online library card from the Sno-Isle Libraries, too! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2020, 01:54:31 PM »

So what's for lunch?

I'm going to the local Red Wagon Burgers.  Today is Double Stamp Tuesday!

George

« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2020, 01:56:06 PM »

Thanks!  I had to do something...I just couldn't wait at least another 8 weeks before I could get another copy from ANY of the libraries where I have online cards!  And I didn't want to pay for it. ::)

Jane

« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2020, 02:08:13 PM »

Cool!  I've actually also gotten an online library card from the Sno-Isle Libraries, too! ;D

I just cleared out the Ashland libraries books, either onto one of my Washington library accounts or onto my Nook wish list. 

Jane

« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2020, 02:10:10 PM »

Including Keith's local account, which he doesn't use, I have 3 accounts.  I think I will leave just the one account with Pierce since it is simpler.  Going between accounts on my tablet can be a pain when I don't remember the account numbers.  One account opens right up to it :)

Jane

« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2020, 02:12:40 PM »

George did you pay to open an account with the Sno-Isle Libraries?  It seems to be a foundation.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2020, 02:15:18 PM »

Thanks!  I had to do something...I just couldn't wait at least another 8 weeks before I could get another copy from ANY of the libraries where I have online cards!  And I didn't want to pay for it. ::)

One advantage of two accounts is putting a hold on both accounts, and then I was next up for the book if I didn't finish in time, not that I needed that option very often.

Jane

« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2020, 02:17:04 PM »

From what I can tell I can't get a card at a Sno-Isle.  I think I am good though with three accounts.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2020, 02:32:32 PM »

Have no idea about everyone else tests. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2020, 02:33:36 PM »

Back from the mail place and picking up a package and more importantly an important envelope, then did banking, now home and a half-rack of ribs has been ordered from the really good barbecue place from the other day, thanks to another 30% off code.

Jane

« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2020, 02:34:29 PM »

Have no idea about everyone else tests. 

I would think the information would be shared.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up