Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I BELIEVE-UH IN MIRACLESSSSS  (Read 25157 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re:I BELIEVE-UH IN MIRACLESSSSS
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2005, 08:07:11 AM »

cause growing up is awfuller than all the awful things that ever were

everybody sing!!!

Ain't it the truth!  ;D
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2005, 08:09:49 AM »

I too first became aware of Kathryn Kuhlman through Ruth Buzzi's spot on mimicry of her.  

Now very late at night on TBN you can see Kathryn in a couple of her large crusades - and on other nights you can watch Bishop Fulton J. Sheen.  Whew!  Kathryn is unique and sincere and so self-effacing that it is difficult NOT to respond to her on some level.

And I think that must be the SAME Dino....

Ginny

« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2005, 08:10:36 AM »

Friday media report:

CD (car) - The Producers OCR, in preparation for seeing the matinee Sunday (more on this later)

DVD - DR elmore's copy of What If? - I'll watch it one last time and then get it back to you in time for you convalescence next month.

VCR - The Joan Hickson version of Miss Marple's Murder at the Vicarage - DH Richard and I are SO disappointed in the new MM series showing now on PBS and we wanted to see this version of the story just completed.  We'll watch it tomorrow evening while we eat pizza.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2005, 08:14:14 AM »

Kathryn Kuhlman Page Three Miracle Throat Healing for MR BK!  ;D

If anybody can do it, Kathryn can....

And now Dino at the piano................  8)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2005, 08:15:50 AM »

Happy Friday DRGINNY & DHRICHARD!

DR ELMORE there is a small package on its way to your home!

DRVIXMOM - I am not sure, maybe DR RLP can verify it, but that little clodhopper you posted looks as though he is doing the Hucklebuck!

MBarnum

« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2005, 08:17:37 AM »

Still no word from Leslie Parrish...what IS she waiting for!

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: April 29, 2005, 08:22:44 AM »

Happy Friday DRGINNY & DHRICHARD!

Same to you, JRand!  Is it time for job vibes for you yet?

Thank you for the link yesterday to the Copacabana journal kept by our Tanya.  She was something, wasn't she?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #67 on: April 29, 2005, 08:36:32 AM »

Peggy woke me up this morning by jumping on my bed...with a bag in her mouth.  It was a very large bag of Uncle Ben's Original Converted Rice, and it was very empty.  Peggy seemed proud of herself.

There was uncooked converted rice all over the kitchen floor...and the hall floor...and even on the carpet in my room.

Normally it's Fletcher who causes all the trouble, but this time it was Peggy...or maybe they were working in tandem.  In any case, she seemed very proud of herself.

>:(

:P

:-\

There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #68 on: April 29, 2005, 08:37:52 AM »

Rampant vibes to everyone.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][size=20]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/size][/move]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #69 on: April 29, 2005, 08:41:19 AM »

Well Dino Kartsonakis is indeed one and the same DINO who spent several years with Miss Kathryn Kuhlman.  He and his wife Cheryl (a former Vegas showgirl who caused a rift all these MANY years ago between Dino and KK) can be seen on Monday nights at 3 a.m. Pacific Time on TBN.

You might want to look at it - or set your TIVO, MR BK.  You won't believe your eyes!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: April 29, 2005, 08:42:50 AM »

DR SWW - maybe she thought someone was getting married!

DRGINNY - Lisa Mandel is something and a half!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #71 on: April 29, 2005, 08:46:20 AM »

Media Check:

Car CD Player:

The Frogs, which we enjoyed very much.

A Year with Frog and Toad, which we also enjoyed very much (but with a very different Frog).

American Musical Theater: Shows, Songs, and Stars, Volume III, covering from Brigadoon to My Fair Lady, with stops at Where's Charley?, The King and I, A Tree Grows in Brooklyn, and many other places along the way.

DVD Player:

Kind Hearts and Coronets.  Alec Guiness plays with the dark side of the farce.

Lemony Snicket's A Series of Unfortunate Events, which is one way of describing the sequence of scenes in this film.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #72 on: April 29, 2005, 08:55:22 AM »

Some trivia for today: on this day, ninety-two years ago in 1913, Gideon Sundback patented the zipper.

Handy device, when standing in a men's room with a very full bladder, and less likely to pull apart than velcro, which could be embarrassing.

Ginny

« Reply #73 on: April 29, 2005, 09:05:19 AM »

Friday media report:

CD (car) - The Producers OCR, in preparation for seeing the matinee Sunday (more on this later)

Here are some excerpts from the review in this week's Dayton City Paper, the alternative (free) publication:

"Bob Amaral (as Max) is an astute comedian that knows how to sell a joke.  But he can't seem to find a proper place in the sluggish opening scenes or maintain enough energy to command all of his musical numbers.  Andy Taylor fares better with his well-rounded performance as Leo Bloom, Max's mousey accountant and partner-in-crime."

Russell Florence, Jr. describes the company as "...an off-kilter group of performers..." and concludes his review with the snarky description of The Producers as "...a musical that only deserved four of its record-setting 12 Tony Awards in 2001."  He doesn't specify which 4 were deserved and which 8 were not.

I'll let you know Sunday evening whether or not we (DH Richard, my mother, and I) agree.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 09:12:14 AM by Ginny »

Jennifer

« Reply #74 on: April 29, 2005, 09:15:40 AM »

DR Jennifer - Oh, you're right.. Montreal, Quebec...  It's all "north" to me.

;)

But isn't part of Fete de Neige held in other parts of Montreal?  Or is the big Spring Festival held in Montreal?  Or do I just have too much dust in my head right now.

???

It's not really that north. Montreal is only a 6 hour drive from New York City.

The annual Fete de Neige is held in Quebec City.  I'm not sure which Spring Festival you mean.  There are many festivals in Montreal (including the Comedy Festival and the Jazz Festival).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #75 on: April 29, 2005, 09:18:42 AM »

Today is a big day in our home... its the Vixter's 12th birthday and it is also opening night for her first community theatre show Peter Pan

They actually had their first live audience on Wednesday night, when they had their final dress rehearsal they allowed the local senior citizen groups to come in and watch the show for free.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday to Vixter!![/move]

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~Break Legs Vibes for both Vixter and Anthony!!~~~[/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #76 on: April 29, 2005, 09:21:55 AM »

DR George, I would double check your check register against your statements, and itself.  Sometimes an 8 can be mistaken for a 3, and vice versa.  That might be what set you off by 50 cents.  (In currency, not the currently popular rap/hip-hop artist.)

I dislike intensely (for I try not to say hate) when my check register does not balance.

I've done this once, already...but only once.  And I only checked the amounts against what's showing on-line.  I haven't compared it all to the "official" paper statements that I get in the mail.  We'll see after that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #77 on: April 29, 2005, 09:37:55 AM »

Is the Dino who played for Kathryn Kuhlman, the same Dino that still plays piano (a mirrored one) on TBN all the time?

Yes! That's the very same Dino at the piano!  He didn't dress quite like that during the seventies on Kuhlman's show.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: April 29, 2005, 09:43:02 AM »

A happy haineshisway.com birthday cheer to the Vixter!  One must add these things to our easy-to-use calendar function - that way they show up on the home page and we make it all official.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #79 on: April 29, 2005, 10:06:03 AM »

I'm with bk - where do these weeks go?  Excelelnt vibes and marimbas to bk to keep that voice in top shape - you'll need it to bark at Guy Haines when he refuses to take your direction.

I've been reading the notes, but haven't had a chance to post in quite a long time.  I guess that makes me only half e&t.  "Zombie Prom" opens tonight, it's a tight show, it's sad it doesn't get produced enough, it's such a cute, fun thing.  I have an interesting ZP story regarding the composer and missing pages, check it out on my   online journal

It's so wonderful to be back, and now... I'm ready for my close-up
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 10:19:23 AM by Matthew »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: April 29, 2005, 10:15:39 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

I wonder what WFO and his ever-lovin' Joe did for the birthday celebration?

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #81 on: April 29, 2005, 11:00:16 AM »

Goodness, I'm in the doghouse now...

Well, the temp gig is now officially over...and I'm back to the everlasting job hunt.  At least my bank account is slightly padded now, enough to get me through a month or two.  

A very happy Birthday to the Vixter, and vibes for Peter Pan tonight!

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #82 on: April 29, 2005, 11:03:25 AM »

Whenever I hear "Dino st the piano", all I can envision is Fred Flinstone's pet dinosaur perched at the baby Grand, tickling the ivories.

CD:  Buddy Clark & Vic Damone
DVD: I'm watching all the Errol Flynn extras from my new boxed set.
TELLY: Just finished watching the delightful DAMSEL IN DISTRESS, one of my favourite Fred Astaire movies, despite Ginger's absence...made up for by the amusing Burns and Allen and the great Gershwin score.  It' also fun to watch how they hide as much as they can Joan Fontaine's execrable dancing and have Astaire dance around her.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: April 29, 2005, 11:21:51 AM »

Ann is not in the doghouse.  She is on Boot Hill.

And now - Dino at the piano.

Have written a little proposal and sent it off.  

Have written more dialogue.

Am drinking water and keeping quiet.

Am putting some LPs onto CD.

George

« Reply #84 on: April 29, 2005, 11:27:21 AM »

In my CD player at work:  Robin Hood:  First complete CD recording, in James Stuart's new edition, of the popular romantic-comic operetta (1891)

After that will be...something to be determined later.

In my VCR:  "Children Will Listen:  When Kids and the Arts Come Together."  The documentary of when a whole bunch of kids put on Into the Woods, Jr.

In my other VCR:  a tape to tape tonight's "Star Trek:  Enterprise."  I am going to miss this show when it ends. :'(

In my DVD player:  "The Incredibles."  I watched this a couple of weeks ago, but it was a full-screen copy from the library.  I bought the widescreen edition yesterday and want to watch it again and look through all the bonus material. ;D

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #85 on: April 29, 2005, 11:39:11 AM »

There's some Easter Eggs on the Incredibles second disc.  Wait a minute or so on the different menu sections, and a "robot" icon will appear.  Click over to it, and you'll get various goodies like "outtakes" and a sock-puppet version of the film.

George

« Reply #86 on: April 29, 2005, 11:51:24 AM »

There's some Easter Eggs on the Incredibles second disc.  Wait a minute or so on the different menu sections, and a "robot" icon will appear.  Click over to it, and you'll get various goodies like "outtakes" and a sock-puppet version of the film.

Cool!  I didn't know about this!  Thanks for the tip!

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: April 29, 2005, 11:57:44 AM »

In my cd player is the Canadian Idol runner-up Theresa Sokyrka's first cd.  The songs she sings from the show are excellent.  I'm not sure yet about the other songs.

In my VCR: last night's OC, Wed night's LOST.

Survivor voted out last night's Early show comments:
http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_video/main500251.shtml?clip=/media/2005/04/29/video691913&sec=500202&vidId=500202&title=Castoff$@$Spills$@$The$@$Beans&hitboxMLC=earlyshow
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 11:58:43 AM by Jennifer »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: April 29, 2005, 12:04:30 PM »

Haven't spoken more than a handful of words today.  Will try to shut up for the rest of the day, then in the afternoon try to do some vocalizing.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #89 on: April 29, 2005, 12:16:42 PM »

A fearful twanging noise has been coming from der B's room.  Yep, he taped American Yodel and is watching it right now.

I need ear muffs.   :P
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up