Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: I BELIEVE-UH IN MIRACLESSSSS  (Read 25037 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:I BELIEVE-UH IN MIRACLESSSSS
« Reply #150 on: April 29, 2005, 10:59:43 PM »

DR Ginny - I'm guessing the reviewer was "saying" that the four Tonys it should not have won would be the Acting Categories - at least if it was this current tour cast -  in his professional opinion.

;)

However, I also know that the tour is also closing soon.  They've been on the road a long time.  Additionally, that current company is a combination of the original Tour 1 (Max Company) and Tour 2 (Leo Company).  Tour 1 closed sometime late last year.  So... Chemistries may be off.  However, Larry Goldberg took over conducting that tour, so, I know that musically speaking, the show is in good hands.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #151 on: April 29, 2005, 11:00:48 PM »

WHEW!  Page Six!  That was some push!!!

I'm a bit too tired to dance right now, so maybe just a nice swaying back and forth would be nice.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Tomovoz

« Reply #152 on: April 29, 2005, 11:02:48 PM »

Ah Seussical.. It is a favourite in this house. Colin and I enjoyed "The Producers" on Broadway and saw a production of "The Full Monty" also.  IMHO "Seussical" should have won best score that year. We hope to see a local production next week. (I do wish the Cathy Rigby  performance had been recorded and filmed).
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #153 on: April 29, 2005, 11:11:21 PM »

DR MattH - As for Avenue Q "charming" the Tony voters... Well, it's not like the other shows didn't do their own bit of self-promotion last season.  Or any season for that matter.  I was fortunate to see all the Tony-nominated shows last season, and IMHO I thought Avenue Q was the Best Musical.  Yes, it may not have been as big and flashy as Wicked, but it had heart.  And it still has.  I did and do love Wicked, but I was grinning from ear to ear when they read who the winner was.

*And I may actually end up in NYC the week after next for two "parties" being sponsored by some producers... I just hope they have great party favors!

**And obviously, the not winning the Best Musical Tony has not hurt Wicked at all.  There was that astounding statistic released the week that Spamalot had opened.  Spamalot's advance sale at the time was in the $3Million range.  Wicked's advance - going into it's second year - and without any "stars" - was at $17Million!
« Last Edit: April 29, 2005, 11:16:47 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #154 on: April 29, 2005, 11:19:12 PM »

I think it's time for my steaming shower.  I must say this chomping of gum was a brilliant idea of the doctors.  It keeps the throat moist, and I haven't tried to clear it in hours.  As he put it, "it's swapping one bad habit for another".   As I said earlier, my only problem with it is that I hate the sound of gum chewing, even mine own.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #155 on: April 29, 2005, 11:19:44 PM »

BK - Just be sure to take the EmergenC with at least some food in your stomach.  The acid - Vitamin C - can sometimes cause a little bit of acid reflux.  And since you're already feeling a little anxious about the recording sessions...

Just breathe!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #156 on: April 29, 2005, 11:24:31 PM »

I think it's time for my steaming shower.  I must say this chomping of gum was a brilliant idea of the doctors.  It keeps the throat moist, and I haven't tried to clear it in hours.  As he put it, "it's swapping one bad habit for another".   As I said earlier, my only problem with it is that I hate the sound of gum chewing, even mine own.

I remember the day in Vocal Pedagogy class when they brough an ENT doctor in.  He equated clearing one's throat to shaking sand out of a beach towel.  -Just imagine how much force and effort it takes to shake all that sand out.  And then just imagine all the force on your vocal cords.  Good analogy.  -He advised it was always better just to take a swallow or two, or to have a small sip of water.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #157 on: April 29, 2005, 11:34:23 PM »

OH!

I didn't watch/listen to whole Presidential news conference last night, but...

Did anyone catch President Bush trying to pronounce "nuclear" correctly when was answering one of the questions.  To me, it sounded like he was trying to correct himself midword and pronounce it correctly instead of as his usual "noo-cue-ler".

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: April 29, 2005, 11:37:40 PM »

I drink my morning EmergenC without food, but my afternoon and evening cups are on full stomachs.

I just have to clear it from my head - that's where this all resides.  When I get up in the morning, I shall not head trip myself anymore - I'll spend a nice weekend and I'll be fine for Monday and Tuesday.  I've done all the right things, so any problems are those I'm creating in my own head.  Tomorrow that ends.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #159 on: April 29, 2005, 11:39:39 PM »

In thinking back, I was in much worse shape for the first Guy Haines album.  I'd had a horrid flu, twice.  But, I did exactly what I'm doing now (doctor, shots) and I got over half the album on my first day.  Since I'm nowhere near as bad as I was then, I'm hopeful we can get half the album or more on Monday, which will definitely make Tuesday easy for finishing and doing whatever fixes.  Plus, during the mix, we'll have a mic there if I hear anything I can't live with.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #160 on: April 29, 2005, 11:40:25 PM »

And now - Dino at the piano.  Playing his beautiful Serenade for WUSSBURGERS.

And

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2005, 11:40:41 PM »

CLODHOPPER, baby, CLODHOPPER!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2005, 11:51:14 PM »

Sandra must be eating Floop.  

I, on the other hand, am chomping on old gum and listening to my iPod.  I shall endeavor to toddle off to the bedroom environment directly after the notes go up, since our horn session is early tomorrow morning.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2005, 11:53:36 PM »

Sandra must be eating Floop.  

I, on the other hand, am chomping on old gum and listening to my iPod.  I shall endeavor to toddle off to the bedroom environment directly after the notes go up, since our horn session is early tomorrow morning.

No, alas. Poor Sandra is writing a term paper. I wish I was eating floop. I am contemplating eating some kind of candy.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2005, 11:54:53 PM »

Haven't we been writing these term papers all term.  Isn't this the same feeble excuse you always use when you know you are sitting there eating floop.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up