Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A LOVELY FIRST DAY OF FILMING  (Read 2837 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: A LOVELY FIRST DAY OF FILMING
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2021, 01:10:33 PM »

George & Tom did the rain and wind stop?  It is nice here and the sun has made an appearance.

It did, and when it did, it was almost instantly.  Right now, it's also sunny and quite comfortable.  I didn't even need to wear my jacket.  I brought it with me to work, but so far I don't need to wear it.

We should have left our jackets home this morning.  I was more concerned if I could walk at all.  I did, and am relieved I didn't do too much damage to it yesterday.

Jane

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2021, 01:15:58 PM »

George I am guessing it was also raining and windy here though I can't be sure about the wind.

At around 4:00 am this morning, someone started up what sounded like a freakin' chainsaw! :o WTF?? 

They ran it for maybe 10 seconds, then it turned off...then about 15 minutes later, it started up AGAIN!! >:(

Fortunately, that also only lasted about 10 seconds, and didn't happen again.

My friend Deborah heard this in her neighborhood in Austin. The chainsaw would start certain mornings around 8 a.m. and run for too long. She is a night person and it drove her crazy.

Turned out a barbecue food truck had moved into her neighborhood and the owner was chainsawing the oak he needed for the smoker. It wasn't a daily thing, but it was always the first thing he needed to do on the days it was needed.

Interesting.  I hope the person didn't do it at four in the morning.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #62 on: January 13, 2021, 01:20:31 PM »

I tried to sign up for the covid vaccine since I'm home, but the calendar is full.

Do you have to try every day until you can get a spot?   I still have no clue when or how we will get ours.
Dunno.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #63 on: January 13, 2021, 01:21:18 PM »

George I am guessing it was also raining and windy here though I can't be sure about the wind.

At around 4:00 am this morning, someone started up what sounded like a freakin' chainsaw! :o WTF?? 

They ran it for maybe 10 seconds, then it turned off...then about 15 minutes later, it started up AGAIN!! >:(

My friend Deborah heard this in her neighborhood in Austin. The chainsaw would start certain mornings around 8 a.m. and run for too long. She is a night person and it drove her crazy.

Turned out a barbecue food truck had moved into her neighborhood and the owner was chainsawing the oak he needed for the smoker. It wasn't a daily thing, but it was always the first thing he needed to do on the days it was needed.

8 am to a night person might as well be 4 am.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #64 on: January 13, 2021, 01:28:23 PM »

Sounds cool, Matthew. Are these musicals we would know?

Looks like the roster will include: Urinetown, Shrek, and Frozen Jr.

I'm not a fan of Shrek, but the kids are and that's what matters.  The music is great, where the lyrics and book are trash, but I'm not a fan of the movie either, but I'm looking forward to the kids having fun.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: January 13, 2021, 01:32:07 PM »

8 am to a night person might as well be 4 am.

True, just ask Bruce ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: January 13, 2021, 01:40:58 PM »

Well, they might be saying the vaccine is available for anyone 65 or older, but that's not one of the requirements for digning up for a vaccine date. Damn!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2021, 02:39:18 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #67 on: January 13, 2021, 01:55:35 PM »

Que es un "transition top"?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #68 on: January 13, 2021, 01:55:52 PM »

Hmmmm....thanks DR ELMORE that book MIGHT be good......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: January 13, 2021, 02:35:23 PM »

Futzed and finessed, wrote a new page, then had a chili, cheese, onion, and egg burrito of my own making and then the rest of the chili, cheese, and onions. Very good all. I'll resume writing at three. Doesn't look like any mail today.

John G.

« Reply #70 on: January 13, 2021, 03:15:36 PM »

If you are transitioning genders, it helps hold stuff in place that you don't want to emphasize. At least I would think so based on the artwork that accompanied the piece.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #71 on: January 13, 2021, 03:17:13 PM »

Sounds cool, Matthew. Are these musicals we would know?

Looks like the roster will include: Urinetown, Shrek, and Frozen Jr.

I'm not a fan of Shrek, but the kids are and that's what matters.  The music is great, where the lyrics and book are trash, but I'm not a fan of the movie either, but I'm looking forward to the kids having fun.

I'm not a fan of the movie or the musical, but you're right: If the kids are into it, that's good, and it'll be fun.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #72 on: January 13, 2021, 03:17:43 PM »

I'm getting caught up.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #73 on: January 13, 2021, 03:18:04 PM »

But I won't be by the time I have to work tomorrow morning.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #74 on: January 13, 2021, 03:18:44 PM »

So, Debbie Allen is getting a Kennedy Center honor. I wonder if they'll do the pig's blood ballet from Carrie.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2021, 03:18:53 PM »

I can be such a bitch.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2021, 03:33:39 PM »

So, Debbie Allen is getting a Kennedy Center honor. I wonder if they'll do the pig's blood ballet from Carrie.

That would be fun! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2021, 03:33:54 PM »

I can be such a bitch.

And that's why we love you!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2021, 04:42:11 PM »

Hello, everyone.

John G.

« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2021, 04:42:17 PM »

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2021, 04:42:52 PM »

Went to the supermarket to stock up on a few basics. Ugh. I need to stop going during dinner hours.
― Voltaire

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2021, 04:45:55 PM »

Not much to report. I'm taking a semi-Me day. I washed six pair of jeans this morning. I had two new pair that needed to be washed for the first time, plus some older ones. Then went out for taco take-out, and am just relaxing now. This past year has challenged my stress management skills and I need to let go. I do love Me days.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2021, 04:48:51 PM »

Hi, John G.

Glad to see you survived the trip home. I meant to send you travel vibes, but somehow lost a week.  :P

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2021, 04:52:22 PM »

DR JEANNE - 2021 is a grounded year, the year of the metal ox.

And there is a new moon tonight.

Forget about past failures—with a new moon in industrious Capricorn today, it’s time to think about the future and how you can best fulfill your amazing potential. The Goat is upwardly mobile, and this hardworking lunation encourages you to reach for the stars!

The sun is also in diligent earth sign Capricorn today, doubling your chance of success. You now have the patience and discipline to not only get started on your New Year’s resolutions, but also to follow through on projects you might have put off at the end of last year.

There are grounded years and ungrounded years? (No need to ask which 2020 was.) Maybe I should find out which ones are grounded and just not get out of bed during the others.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #84 on: January 13, 2021, 04:57:27 PM »

Paying bills. It's very irritating. There's a new system out there that the hospitals here and in Louisville share that just doesn't work. They have activation codes on them that you're supposed to use and there's an expiration date. Mine are all in February, so, of course, the message I get is that they've expired.

When I spoke to the accounting supervisor yesterday and we tried to figure out what's what, it was very clear that she did not understand her company's software. She doesn't need to know how to program, but she does need to know how to use the software to advise clients -- or staff. I suspect the software developers provided no training. I find it both scary and irresponsible.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2021, 05:01:19 PM »

Here's to quiet days.

TTFN.

John G.

« Reply #86 on: January 13, 2021, 05:02:15 PM »

Paying bills. It's very irritating. There's a new system out there that the hospitals here and in Louisville share that just doesn't work. They have activation codes on them that you're supposed to use and there's an expiration date. Mine are all in February, so, of course, the message I get is that they've expired.

When I spoke to the accounting supervisor yesterday and we tried to figure out what's what, it was very clear that she did not understand her company's software. She doesn't need to know how to program, but she does need to know how to use the software to advise clients -- or staff. I suspect the software developers provided no training. I find it both scary and irresponsible.

Yup. It's both.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #87 on: January 13, 2021, 05:25:05 PM »

Yes, both.

Jane

« Reply #88 on: January 13, 2021, 06:02:22 PM »

DR Ginny are you making any progress on The Vanishing Half?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #89 on: January 13, 2021, 06:31:49 PM »

If you are transitioning genders, it helps hold stuff in place that you don't want to emphasize. At least I would think so based on the artwork that accompanied the piece.

I thought those were called binders
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up