Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT FOR THE FINAL PERFORMANCE OF TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT  (Read 3876 times)

KevinH

Re: TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT FOR THE FINAL PERFORMANCE OF TONIGHT'S THE NIGHT
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2021, 07:47:07 AM »

Page 2!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #31 on: February 14, 2021, 08:26:22 AM »

The snow forecast for here is now set st 90% starting at around 10 pm.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #32 on: February 14, 2021, 08:34:37 AM »

Yes our snow is supposed to start after midnight - and they say 6-8" of the stuff.

I did do some grocery shopping this morning - just in case....  Well me and EVERYONE ELSE IN TOWN.

When I make my usual shopping trip on Tuesday at 9 a.m. there are very few parents with children in the store.  This is NOT the case on Sunday at 9 a.m.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #33 on: February 14, 2021, 08:36:13 AM »

Good morning, everyone.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #34 on: February 14, 2021, 08:36:37 AM »

Right now, our feels like temperature is -33.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2021, 08:37:10 AM »

So I guess I'll need to look up Leslie Sansone on YouTube.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #36 on: February 14, 2021, 08:38:03 AM »

~~~SNOWPOCALYPSE VIBES~~~ for DRs Jrand70 and Ginny and John G.!
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 08:41:02 AM by singdaw »

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #37 on: February 14, 2021, 08:40:29 AM »

It's very strange, but even though FB told me I was prohibited for 30 days, I am apparently still able to post comments on other's posts. I'm not going to tempt fate by trying to actually post. It's a weird game.

ChasSmith

« Reply #38 on: February 14, 2021, 09:01:55 AM »

All of that, and then there's the ENDLESS waiting for the elusive Mr. Guffman.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #39 on: February 14, 2021, 09:15:18 AM »

LOL so true DR CHAS SMITH.

On a happier note - today at the store, a lot of gentlemen were walking around with bouquets in their hands.....

ChasSmith

« Reply #40 on: February 14, 2021, 09:25:32 AM »

Was BK or one of you DRs talking about The Boys From Brazil recently? Maybe that was somewhere else. I watched it last night for my first time since.....just about the time it was new. I'm sorry I never saw it in a theater. If memory serves, I watched it on one of the early L.A. cable channels. I liked it, but for some reason I never returned to it before now.

What's crazy are the similarities or other connective tissue between that and Marathon Man of just a couple of years prior. Hmm. William Goldman vs Ira Levin. Interesting. I need to watch this one again soon to pick up details I know I was missing, but I might just pull out Marathon Man after that, maybe even Odessa File, and have myself a little 1970s Nazi war criminal-themed film festival. Should even be a couple more I can add to that.

ChasSmith

« Reply #41 on: February 14, 2021, 09:27:29 AM »

LOL so true DR CHAS SMITH.

On a happier note - today at the store, a lot of gentlemen were walking around with bouquets in their hands.....

I'm envisioning a Magnificent Ambersons-style picture of Indiana gents strolling down the sidewalks...tipping their hats...

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: February 14, 2021, 10:00:41 AM »

I wonder where my Feb. 3 order from Premiere Opera is.

I see on their site that its status is "Payment received".  Well, isn't that nice.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: February 14, 2021, 10:15:27 AM »

It's very strange, but even though FB told me I was prohibited for 30 days, I am apparently still able to post comments on other's posts. I'm not going to tempt fate by trying to actually post. It's a weird game.

THEY PULLED THAT ON ME ABOUT SIX MONTHS AGO.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: February 14, 2021, 10:17:09 AM »

So this is what is bothering me today......so if you want to skip this post - please feel free to do so.

So the vote was 57-43......so MORE folks voted guilty, but a 3/4 majority is needed.  Okay.....but still MORE people voted guilty.  It wasn't a victory in the real sense.

ANYWAY - of course on FACEBOOK some folks are celebrating and writing "***** 2024!  Hurray!!!"

My problem is that several of them are folks who audition for shows I direct - or they are cast in shows in which I also appear.  And they are almost all the same.  They are hardly EVER cast in leading roles.  They do not listen to direction, but do their own thing - and usually direct others backstage.

They do not like their costumes.  By the second week, they always arrive after call time and just SO tired and act like they hate being there.  This is even though they spend MOST of their time backstage NOT onstage.  The mope around and are general annoyances.

Just because they have time doesn't mean they are ready when it is time to go on.  They always have to rush around to get their costumes on - and against the rules they always invite family and friends backstage before or after the show.

They wouldn't think about washing their costumes between weekends, but demand that someone else do it - sometimes even lead folks who are taking their own costumes home to wash (blouses, tights, etc).

They never know their lines OR their lyrics OR their blocking.

They add nothing to the show.  But it is community theatre and I hate to be the one to deny them the opportunity to do what they claim to love.

But this year - I am 70-71 years old.  This may be the last musical I direct (I'll stick to plays) - and I really don't want to work with someone who makes my life miserable.  So I am really thinking about NOT casting anyone I don't like.....

So there it is......of course they won't be in the audience because they never come to a show or support the theatre in any way unless they're mucking it up themselves.

So enjoy the audition!  That is - if we even get to do a show this year.

THE END

DR Jrand70, as Gertrude Stein once wrote, an asshole is an asshole is an asshole is an . . .
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2021, 10:18:38 AM »

DR ChasSmith, Premiere Opera can be very slow in their shipments.  I suspoect they are understaffed.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: February 14, 2021, 10:19:01 AM »

Jerome Kern III arrived in yesterday's mail.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: February 14, 2021, 10:22:11 AM »

LOL DR ELMORE I deleted my self-serving and whining post - but you had already quoted it.

At least it's easier to skip and just read your response.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #48 on: February 14, 2021, 10:22:47 AM »

LOL DR CHAS SMITH - at least half of the gentlemen were wearing basketball shorts and baseball caps......in 13 degree weather!

THAT'S Indiana!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: February 14, 2021, 10:32:48 AM »

I'm up, I'm up  - seven hours of sleep and for once a rather wonderful dream involving an old Valentine. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: February 14, 2021, 10:33:42 AM »

And now, to post up a storm and hope that not only will people see it but that they might get off their lazy Facebook butt  cheeks and watch.

Jennifer

« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2021, 10:34:54 AM »

I'm so sorry to hear about DR FJL's dad. And very sorry to hear what his brother did. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John G.

« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2021, 10:35:16 AM »

Was BK or one of you DRs talking about The Boys From Brazil recently? Maybe that was somewhere else. I watched it last night for my first time since.....just about the time it was new. I'm sorry I never saw it in a theater. If memory serves, I watched it on one of the early L.A. cable channels. I liked it, but for some reason I never returned to it before now.

What's crazy are the similarities or other connective tissue between that and Marathon Man of just a couple of years prior. Hmm. William Goldman vs Ira Levin. Interesting. I need to watch this one again soon to pick up details I know I was missing, but I might just pull out Marathon Man after that, maybe even Odessa File, and have myself a little 1970s Nazi war criminal-themed film festival. Should even be a couple more I can add to that.

Interesting. i think you're right about the movies (though I have seen Boys for at least 30 years), but the books were definitely different.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: February 14, 2021, 10:37:49 AM »

DR Jane I prefer the Walk at Home videos where Leslie is the instructor and where she usually has 6 or so others. She is moving a lot. She walks forward and back. She walks to the side. She kicks out to the front.  To me it's really fun. As DR George said some of it is more marching. But I find it much more enjoyable than walking around my house on my own.

John G.

« Reply #54 on: February 14, 2021, 10:38:09 AM »

Soup's on. It took a bit of work to get it all together. I hope it's good.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #55 on: February 14, 2021, 10:43:33 AM »

I'm eating my last two hot dogs with chili, cheese and onion.

This uses up precisely every one of the ingredients. Including two half sour pickles I had in the fridge. .

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2021, 10:50:29 AM »

They may have realized the error.  It occasionally happens.  I gather the offending post has been removed?

Jane

« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2021, 10:53:28 AM »

DR Jane I prefer the Walk at Home videos where Leslie is the instructor and where she usually has 6 or so others. She is moving a lot. She walks forward and back. She walks to the side. She kicks out to the front.  To me it's really fun. As DR George said some of it is more marching. But I find it much more enjoyable than walking around my house on my own.

I am glad you found something you enjoy.  I have a view of the river and birds, etc as I walk in one direction.  I also dance some to the music, take breaks, and make it a bit more entertaining to myself. 

I must admit, so far today I am feeling very unmotivated, but then it is Sunday.

Jane

« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2021, 11:00:55 AM »

Finally a bit of our drive area has been plowed so cars can pull up and pick someone up.  The guest parking spots haven't been touched.  We hope the hill out of our parking garage was plowed better than what I can see out my window.

John G.

« Reply #59 on: February 14, 2021, 11:12:25 AM »

15 minutes until soup.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up