Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: AND - DRUM ROLL - 102%!!!  (Read 4186 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: AND - DRUM ROLL - 102%!!!
« Reply #150 on: March 25, 2021, 11:51:24 PM »

On a lighter note, I had a funny thing happen the other day. I heard the plop of a package landing near my door, but I wasn't expecting anything and assumed it was for one of my neighbors, whose doors are right next to mine. Wrong. A friend had sent me one of those cute Amazon pop-up cards with a gift card in it. When you open the brightly-colored box there's a pop-up of balloons and it says "Happy Birthday." Except my birthday isn't until May. He did get the day right, just not the month. This is a friend who never used to give me my Christmas present until May. He's really, really bad with gifts! So getting a birthday present two months EARLY is a real switch. He's very computer savvy and 'Im surprised he doesn't have some sort of electronic reminder.  Oh well. It was a nice surprise and gave me a chuckle. Could have been worse.

Maybe the birthday present is actually ten months late?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #151 on: March 26, 2021, 12:02:50 AM »

T.O.D.

In the late Sixties and early Seventies, Robert Joffrey’s ballet company did their summer residence in Tacoma.  Mr. Joffrey was originally from Seattle.  I saw several of their performances and I loved them all.  The only ones I remember were the anti-war, The Green Table and one featuring all the male dancers called Olympics.
“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: March 26, 2021, 12:03:21 AM »

On a lighter note, I had a funny thing happen the other day. I heard the plop of a package landing near my door, but I wasn't expecting anything and assumed it was for one of my neighbors, whose doors are right next to mine. Wrong. A friend had sent me one of those cute Amazon pop-up cards with a gift card in it. When you open the brightly-colored box there's a pop-up of balloons and it says "Happy Birthday." Except my birthday isn't until May. He did get the day right, just not the month. This is a friend who never used to give me my Christmas present until May. He's really, really bad with gifts! So getting a birthday present two months EARLY is a real switch. He's very computer savvy and 'Im surprised he doesn't have some sort of electronic reminder.  Oh well. It was a nice surprise and gave me a chuckle. Could have been worse.

Maybe the birthday present is actually ten months late?

:o I'd tell myself that it's early.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #153 on: March 26, 2021, 12:04:09 AM »

Jeanne, my condolences to you on the loss of your friend’s daughter.
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #154 on: March 26, 2021, 12:07:29 AM »

Topic of the Day:  I've ushered for quite a few local ballet companies and their annual productions of Swan Lake and The Nutcracker.  Some were even pretty good.  I did once see Pacific Northwest Ballet in Seattle, but I forget which ballet they performed. 
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #155 on: March 26, 2021, 12:07:46 AM »

And a couple of times the all-male Les Ballets de Trockadero company came to the Washington Center and I got to usher for them.  They were really good!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up