Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: A DAY FOR ALL YOU MOTHERS  (Read 29045 times)

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
Re:A DAY FOR ALL YOU MOTHERS
« Reply #180 on: May 08, 2005, 10:41:00 PM »

Wellits 1:36 on this here coast, time to follow Rodzinski's lead and toddle off to the bedroom
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2005, 10:54:09 PM »

isurp
usurp
hesurp
shesurp
wesurp
theysurp
I'm a surper
He's a surper
She's a surper
We're all surpers
Wouldn't'cha like to be a surper too?
(Be a surper, drink Dr. Surper...)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #182 on: May 08, 2005, 11:04:17 PM »

Anyone familiar with a restaurant chain called Lum's? ... They had a burger called the Ollie Burger that claimed to have 22 herbs and spices in it or something crazy like that. So I get it and doggone it if the thing wasn't one of the tastiest burgers I've had.
Found this with a quick search...

Given the number of ingredients in the components, 22 herbs and spices should be about right...
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #183 on: May 08, 2005, 11:07:28 PM »

Actually, if anyone knows what "Tower's Trot" is, let me know. ...
A good reason for keeping PeptoBismal in the medicine chest.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #184 on: May 08, 2005, 11:14:10 PM »

Who is doing good novelty music anymore? Nobody, that's who. Or whoever is doing them has no outlet for their skills. I long for the days when some silly idea could become a national phenomenon.
The Streak
Energy Crisis '74
Convoy
Dinner With Drac
The Monster Mash
The White Knight
etc.
Instead, we now have Cable News Networks.   :-\

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #185 on: May 08, 2005, 11:15:55 PM »

Good morning!

Back from the show...

A sort of not-so-big audience, but very appreciative.  And they even stood up and danced during the curtain call sequence!  Hoo and Ray!

It really was a great show, and the great audience helped to pick up the energy of the cast for their final show of the week.

Afterwards, I helped pack up the keyboards, and I said my goodbyes to the two guys who will not be with the band in DC (union stuff).  And tomorrow, I shall be having lunch with Chris, the keyboard player, who will also be on "break" during the DC run.  I'll be taking his place in DC.  :(  -But it's nice to have the work.  And he'll be back with the tour after DC - and he gets the Canadian leg too!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #186 on: May 08, 2005, 11:17:13 PM »

I also had a bunch of friends in the audience tonight too.  And I had comped most of them in too! :)  And one guy ended up bringing another guy I went to school with who I hadn't seen in years.  Nice reunion.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #187 on: May 08, 2005, 11:19:44 PM »

Well, the essay test that ate Cincinnati is tomorrow.
Promise?  The one time der B and I visited Cincinnati, we didn't have even one good meal the entire time.  Even the chili was better elsewhere.   :P

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #188 on: May 08, 2005, 11:20:28 PM »

Sandra, England between 1600 to 1713 is a very exciting time.  I read about the period just for fun.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: May 08, 2005, 11:22:54 PM »

And since I had comped a few people into the show today, I didn't have to buy any of my "adult beverages" at Barcode. :)

The place wasn't as crowded as it normally is on a Sunday night for karaoke.  A lot of the college crowd moved out this weekend, the new club just opened last week, so...  In any case...

I ended up having a surprisingly good time.  A bunch of friends were there, and it sort of became a kind of bon voyage for me.  No tears were shed, but there were lots of hugs.  It really was nice seeing everyone tonight.

And, yes, I did sing again tonight.  Another Billy Joel song, "Only the Good Die Young"  - which I still remember "analyzing" in my junior year Religion class in high school.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #190 on: May 08, 2005, 11:28:22 PM »

And now I'm back here just winding down from the day.

I've planned to spend tomorrow day here in Richmond, and then I'll head back up to Fairfax sometime around 8:00 - after the sun goes down so it's not too hot.  Lunch with the other keyboard player, then dinner with my friend, Mark.  In the meantime, I'll make one trip to my storage unit to get the two boxes of stuff I set aside to bring up to Fairfax with me.

Sounds like a plan to me...
Make Your Own Luck.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #191 on: May 08, 2005, 11:30:15 PM »

Woody, you obviously didn't look very hard for a good restaurant in Cincinnati.  And you obviously didn't go to the Masionette, a five-star restaurant, or Pigall's, or Orchids at the Palm Court, or Jeff Ruby's, or even the plebian Gold Star or Skyline Chili.  Plenty of good restaurants in Cincy.  And you don't get better Cincinnati Chili anywhere outside of Cincinnati unless it's Dixie Chili right across the bridge in Newport, Kentucky.  If fact, aside from a few places outside of Cincinnati, you can't get it all.  You may not like Cincinnati Chili, but you can't get it any better anywhere else.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #192 on: May 08, 2005, 11:31:55 PM »

...And as I was playing the final songs of Mamma Mia! tonight, it really did feel like this was the last time I would be playing in Richmond...  -Although, something tells me I'll be getting some more calls in the future... But I might not be available... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #193 on: May 08, 2005, 11:37:01 PM »

Woody, you obviously didn't look very hard for a good restaurant in Cincinnati.  And you obviously didn't go to the Masionette, a five-star restaurant, or Pigall's, or Orchids at the Palm Court, or Jeff Ruby's, or even the plebian Gold Star or Skyline Chili.  Plenty of good restaurants in Cincy.  And you don't get better Cincinnati Chili anywhere outside of Cincinnati unless it's Dixie Chili right across the bridge in Newport, Kentucky.  If fact, aside from a few places outside of Cincinnati, you can't get it all.  You may not like Cincinnati Chili, but you can't get it any better anywhere else.
To tell the truth, we didn't get much chance to search.  We were there for a political convention, and even with a lot of other Log Cabin types around...well, their reputation isn't based...on taste...

(a Frogs reference, of course.)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #194 on: May 08, 2005, 11:38:49 PM »

Well, I'm t-i-r-e-d!

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #195 on: May 08, 2005, 11:41:58 PM »

Tonight's dinner was disappointing.

I was raiding the freezer, pulling out some Chinoiserie from Trader Joe's.  The stir-fry chicken left much to be desired.  I'm sure I can do better from scratch.  But at least I've got some ideas.

On the other hand, the shrimp gyoza were tasty.  Der B enjoyed them.  But again, I could probably do something from scratch, or semi-scratch, that would be as good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #196 on: May 08, 2005, 11:42:47 PM »

What a rebound!  Thanks to one and all and also all and one.  Must hurry and write some notes now.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #197 on: May 08, 2005, 11:45:26 PM »

And it's high time I moved the dogs around on my bed so I can have enough room for myself.  Right now, Marty and Mikey are both laying akimbo on said bed, in very strange patterns.  And I need to make room for both myself and Buster, who is waiting patiently for me to make my move.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #198 on: May 08, 2005, 11:46:06 PM »

What a rebound!  Thanks to one and all and also all and one.  Must hurry and write some notes now.
That's it, make me feel guilty if I don't stay up a half-hour more.   :P

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #199 on: May 08, 2005, 11:48:27 PM »

I think I'll watch a little more Julia Child.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #200 on: May 09, 2005, 12:05:59 AM »

200!!  Just because. ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #201 on: May 09, 2005, 12:08:39 AM »

And speaking of Zane Grey...well, earlier he was spoken of...did anyone know that his real name was Pearl Zane Gray??  He changed the spelling of his last name and dropped "Pearl" as his first.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #202 on: May 09, 2005, 12:10:05 AM »

If this had already been mentioned, I haven't caught up to that part yet...if it had been mentioned.

George

« Reply #203 on: May 09, 2005, 12:15:02 AM »

Zane's real name hadn't been mentioned...I just caught up.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up