Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: MIXMASTER  (Read 20604 times)

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
Re:MIXMASTER
« Reply #120 on: May 09, 2005, 12:58:30 PM »

Has anyone been watching NBC?  Have they seen any promos for HERCULES?  This thing is on monday and I'm wondering if they're promoting it at all.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #121 on: May 09, 2005, 01:01:18 PM »

I just received a phone call  from the Vixter , she  presented her  Recycling Music Video in school today and she said the whole class clapped and cheered and that all three of the science teachers congratulated her several times.  She is over the moon with happiness.  I'm just glad that its done.

Meanwhile,  her Spanish teacher still hasn't graded the doll she had to sew in traditional Nicaraguan dress, or to grade the report that went with it (It  has been at least a month since that was handed in).   The Vixter enquired about it and the teacher said that she was busy, that she had a life outside of school and that she would get to it when she had a chance......I wonder how that response would fly  if the Vixter hadn't turned her project in on time.....these teachers!!!

And Matt and all you other currrent and former teachers its not teachers I have a problem with its  the teachers in this particular school....

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #122 on: May 09, 2005, 01:09:15 PM »

Page 5.  Hotcha!
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

vixmom

« Reply #123 on: May 09, 2005, 01:09:18 PM »

I just got home via the bus from hell!  First of all, it was packed with nonpaying noisy juveniles hogging most of the seats, and we had a crazy elderly woman whose medication had clearly just worn off.  She had a high whiney voice and she was talking loudly about circumsized organs, how no one wanted  to f*** her, getting screwed by New York State, several racial problems, over and over and over.  I even moved to the very back of the bus to keep from listening to her, while wishing her dead, off the bus, or both at the same time.  And then, she got off at my stop!

Oh poor elmore... what a time you are having lately.  Here is the best hug I can offer at the moment

At least she didn't follow you home!

« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 01:10:45 PM by vixmom »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: May 09, 2005, 01:11:28 PM »

DRCharlesPogue, I have seen one promo for HERCULES; it was on Friday night just before or during the early part of LAW & ORDER: TRIAL BY JURY.

Yes, Alegernon Blackwood wrote THE WENDIGO, which still terrifies me, and I could not remember the author of PIGEONS FROM HELL this morning.  I'm also fond of Sheridan LeFanu's work, although I couldn't think of a single story this morning, the same with E.T.A. Hoffmann's stories.  

While I love SOMETHING WICKED THIS WAY COMES, I never found it frightening, but I'd forgotten Bradbury's great story about the ravine, and he also wrote a macabre story about Halloween called "October Game" or something like that.  
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

« Reply #125 on: May 09, 2005, 01:11:47 PM »

DR WFO, what are these pictures from?  I feel like I should know and I just cannot remember

vixmom

« Reply #126 on: May 09, 2005, 01:12:46 PM »

DR CP

I haven't been watching any TV lately,  so I do not know if they have been promoting  your Hercules  or not... is it next Monday,  May 16th  that it is supposed to air?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 01:14:25 PM by vixmom »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: May 09, 2005, 01:13:06 PM »

Oh poor elmore... what a time you are having lately.  Here is the best hug I can offer at the moment

At least she didn't follow you home!

There are a million stories in The Naked City; this has been one of them.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: May 09, 2005, 01:19:26 PM »

CP you mean it is on next Monday?  I haven’t seen it but you can’t go by me as I speed through too much.  Have you seen it yet and shall I wait and watch the mini series on the SciFi station?

Possibly if you had done the movie Dean Kuntz would not have been embarrassed by it.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #129 on: May 09, 2005, 01:20:48 PM »

One aspect of my teaching career I am very, very proud of: my students got the grade for every test, every paper, every project the next day after it was done. As far as I was concerned, that was part of my job: to give them feedback as soon as possible on their work so that they knew where they stood.

I must say, however, that most of my colleagues did not agree with this and did not give back tests and papers in a timely manner. My students complained to me about other teachers loud and often.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #130 on: May 09, 2005, 01:21:35 PM »

I did see one commercial for HERCULES, but I couldn't begin to tell you what it said or when it said the show was airing.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: May 09, 2005, 01:22:16 PM »

Elmore do the school kids always ride free?  When I rode the bus to Portland we also had a crazy lady.  The poor young man sitting next to me was ready to kill her.  He had been sitting behind her since California and was on his way home to see his orthopedist after seriously injuring his knee.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #132 on: May 09, 2005, 01:24:56 PM »

DR WFO, what are these pictures from?  I feel like I should know and I just cannot remember

It's called THE RUSSIAN SEASONS DANCE COMPANY

I dunno.  I just Googled "Dance two" for page 2, and that turned up.  Maybe I should have tried "Dance 10, Looks 3"

But then I would have got this:

and this

And this:

--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #133 on: May 09, 2005, 01:30:31 PM »

But also this

and this for some reason

Google Images is strange.
--Wayland Flowers

Jane

« Reply #134 on: May 09, 2005, 01:31:52 PM »

Vixmom good news from the Vixter.  I think it is great she called you with the good news.

Matt H I don’t remember having to wait long for the results of tests, though I’m sure I wasn’t anxious for most of them. :-[ It is a shame you were in the minority in returning them.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2005, 01:32:38 PM »

And if you enter vixmom's name, you get

--Wayland Flowers

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #136 on: May 09, 2005, 01:36:04 PM »

My name, on the other hand, gives you a choice of

or

--Wayland Flowers

vixmom

« Reply #137 on: May 09, 2005, 01:38:40 PM »

One aspect of my teaching career I am very, very proud of: my students got the grade for every test, every paper, every project the next day after it was done. As far as I was concerned, that was part of my job: to give them feedback as soon as possible on their work so that they knew where they stood.

I must say, however, that most of my colleagues did not agree with this and did not give back tests and papers in a timely manner. My students complained to me about other teachers loud and often.

I think that is very commendable,  Matt.

Now, I understand each teacher has 6 or 7 classes of 20 - 25 kids, a few days or even a week  to grade reports or papers or projects is understandable, but over a month and then to tell the kids that she has a life outside of school? Like the kids don't?! GGRRRRRR

vixmom

« Reply #138 on: May 09, 2005, 01:42:28 PM »

vixmom

« Reply #139 on: May 09, 2005, 01:43:19 PM »

The many faces of Debra Mann!

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #140 on: May 09, 2005, 01:43:56 PM »

Here is NBC's Web Site for Hercules.

My question for the Pogue:  Who initiated the project?  Did you have the idea and sell it to the network, or were you taken on to write a mini-series that was already in the planning stages?

And, second question, will your close personal friend Edward Sorbo be offended?
--Wayland Flowers

Jane

« Reply #141 on: May 09, 2005, 01:48:51 PM »

I set TiVo to record all of the episodes on NBC.  I might wait until I have them all before watching.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: May 09, 2005, 01:50:41 PM »

Elmore do the school kids always ride free?  When I rode the bus to Portland we also had a crazy lady.  The poor young man sitting next to me was ready to kill her.  He had been sitting behind her since California and was on his way home to see his orthopedist after seriously injuring his knee.

The situation in Manhattan has become unbearable:  the buses in the morning, and around 3 pm, are filled with noisy, rude, obnoxious terrors, most of whom should be made into rugs, and their selfish parents or nannies who ignore the infirm, elderly, tired or paying customers to let their charges run rampant, scream, yell, behave unseemly while they talk to each other or their cell phones.  I long for the days of discipline.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #143 on: May 09, 2005, 01:50:42 PM »

Has anyone been watching NBC?  Have they seen any promos for HERCULES?  This thing is on monday and I'm wondering if they're promoting it at all.

I saw a commercial for it, but only one...that could be more because I tape a lot of stuff and fast forward through the commercials, so I don't know how often they've broadcast it.  I very muchly intend to watch it. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #144 on: May 09, 2005, 01:59:02 PM »

DR Rodzinski, I have heard of LUMS.  I think they have one in Plattsburgh.

The one in Plattsburgh is the very one at which I consumed my Ollieburger!

vixmom

« Reply #145 on: May 09, 2005, 02:05:16 PM »

Here is NBC's Web Site for Hercules.

My question for the Pogue:  Who initiated the project?  Did you have the idea and sell it to the network, or were you taken on to write a mini-series that was already in the planning stages?

Of course they leave the best information for last on the site

Emmy and DGA Award winner Roger Young ("Bitter Harvest," "Murder in Mississippi") directs from a screenplay by Charles Edward Pogue ("Dragonheart"). "Hercules" is a production of Hallmark Entertainment. [/quote}
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 02:06:19 PM by vixmom »

vixmom

« Reply #146 on: May 09, 2005, 02:08:21 PM »

Hey Rodzinski, if you're in the neighnborhood, give elmore a hug for me... I think he needs one after his last few rotten days!  :D

Well, I have to go help strike the Peter Pan set, as Jose would say" Laters!"
« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 02:10:01 PM by vixmom »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #147 on: May 09, 2005, 02:20:12 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Chris and I met for lunch at Can-Can.  He had their "tartine" (open-faced sandwich) of Asparagus, Jambon de Bayonne and Raclette.  I had their "salade" of Chicken Liver Mousse, Frisee and Caramelized Shallots.  Both of us enjoyed our lunches immensely.  Chris also ordered a Bellini which was properly made with a puree of White Peaches.  -I had a sip - quite good too.  And I have to say the Chicken Liver Mousse was wonderful - very well-prepared and perfectly seasoned.  And rich!

Afterwards, we headed up to For the Love of Chocolate.  I stocked up on English Cadbury and Nestle - including a Yorkie Bar - "It's Not For Girls", and Chris selected a mix of custom M&Ms from the "Color Bar" in his Red Sox colors.  ;)  We then headed over to Rostov's Coffee and Tea - Chris needed a little caffeine jolt before he started his drive down to Greensboro.

And it was also just nice spending time with Chris and getting to know him better.  Just listening to him warm up in the pit has been a pleasure over the past couple of weeks.  Great jazz player, and a wonderful musical sense of humor.  He's going to Scotland for a week during his lay-off, as well as spending a few days in New York City with his girlfriend.  It's nice to know he has some 'excitement' planned for his lay-off since I'm sort of taking his job away for a couple of weeks.  I guess it all evens out in some way.
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #148 on: May 09, 2005, 02:20:38 PM »

When I googled "vixmom," I got:

HHW Community Forum - Index
... Come on in and be a part of the unseemly action! User browsing this board:
Stuart, vixmom, Ron Pulliam, 553, 113425, Today at 11:24:08am ...
haineshisway.com/community/ - 25k - Cached - Similar pages

eBay - 會員檔案 - [ Translate this page ]
會員檔案: bideford (215 ). 信用評價積分:, 215. 正面信用評價:, 100%.
留下正面意見的會
員:, 215. 留下負面意見的會
員:, 0. ...
www.ebay.com.hk/ fdbkProfile?UserId=bideford&PageNumber=3 - 35k -
Supplemental Result - Cached - Similar pages

« Last Edit: May 09, 2005, 02:21:11 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #149 on: May 09, 2005, 02:22:09 PM »

Hey Rodzinski, if you're in the neighnborhood, give elmore a hug for me... I think he needs one after his last few rotten days!  :D

Well, I have to go help strike the Peter Pan set, as Jose would say" Laters!"

I'd hug him, but my mom just called and said she saw him on the bus and he was very rude to her, moving away from her when she was talking to him about her problems, making angry faces... And just a day after Mother's Day!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up