Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: DIRTY BK  (Read 2695 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
DIRTY BK
« on: May 23, 2021, 12:03:09 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were both dirty and BK, and now it is time for you to post until the dirty cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: DIRTY BK
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2021, 12:03:59 AM »

And the word of the day is: DENTIFRICE!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2021, 12:15:54 AM »

To continue from last night...

After they (my mom, sister and niece) were done with Quirkle, we all played a game of Scrabble and I lost, as usual.  I think I've only won one or maybe two games of Scrabble in all the years that we've played.  We all then left and I came home for a short while before I left again to have dinner AT Red Robin with my friend Margo before we went to the movies (again, for me) to see the new Billy Crystal/Tiffany Haddish movie, "Here Today."  We both really enjoyed it, but Rotten Tomatoes gives it a 47% from reviewers.  The audience score is 93%!  I then came home and did a few things before I logged on to HHW, posted a few posts last night, and now it's a new day. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2021, 12:16:28 AM »

Now to really ketchup on yesterday's posts!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2021, 12:51:26 AM »

I have finished reading all of yesterday's posts.  I'm off to go through all my Facebook notifications, then to bed.  Today, I have no plans...which are the kind of plans I like!

Have a good day, all!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2021, 04:00:43 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2021, 04:08:42 AM »

Sumer is icumen in
Lhude sing cuccu!

It was so warm last night I could barely get to sleep. It was made even worse by Annabelle and Thatch dancing and singing Cole Porter's "Too Darned Hot." The singing wasn't so bad but their jitterbug is really irritating. Around 12:30 I woke and my pillow and sheets were wet from the sweat. I really am not looking forward to the next four months.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2021, 04:29:04 AM »

BK, the only other popular Gounod opera these days is Romeo and Juliet, and I wish I liked it more. I saw the Met's last production several years ago when my friend Diana Montague sang the Nurse's role. The "big" recording in the 1960s was EMI, with Mirella Freni (whom I love) and Corelli, who's better in Italian verismo than French grace, and I think it was tied in to the Met's lateswt production at the time.

The two recordings I've had are these, with a tenor very good in French opera, and an American soprano. I'm a big Malfitano admirer whom I once saw finish the Mad Scene in Lucia di Lammermoor by falling down a flight of stairs, and my friend Ruth Ann Swenson is a wonderful coloratura soprano. The supporting cast of the Slatkin recording is very American and British, and the Lombard cast very continental.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 04:31:03 AM by elmore3003 »

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2021, 04:47:00 AM »

That wonderful 1958 Cluytens recording of Faust, which was at that time the Paris Grand Opera edition, remains my favorite recording and matches up nicely with the Dover publication of the full orchestra score. The current recordings often drop the Walpurgis-Nacht scene - for years Leo Delibes was believed to be the composer of the ballet music - in favor of recording numbers cut in the opera's development.

There's a new recording claiming to be the original 1859 opera-comique version, but several numbers are recorded as instrumentals since the lyrics are lost. Around the same time Naxos released a recording of what they claimed was the 1864 London version, which was sung, I believe, in English although the new recording is sung in French.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2021, 04:56:10 AM »

DR JohnG, I think Richard Lester's most frenetic movie might be his 1980s screwball comedy Finders Keepers, which continues to make me laugh. It has a wonderful cast. I have always wanted to see his Musketeers sequel.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2021, 06:15:39 AM »

After kitty cleanup, I went for my second cup of coffee, dropped the mug, and broke it. Damnation!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2021, 06:38:18 AM »

DR Jrand70, I have neither patience nor sympathy for people who move and abandon their animals to fend for themselves. Domesticated animals deserve so much better than to be thrown into limbo. I do hope your white kitty has a rescue who will love and treasure her.

ChasSmith

« Reply #12 on: May 23, 2021, 06:49:40 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: May 23, 2021, 06:51:15 AM »

Very warm here last night, too, and it was only around 85 yesterday. Today it's going to reach 90.

I think we get two days of relief from this, then Wednesday it goes back up to 90.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #14 on: May 23, 2021, 06:54:30 AM »

I love this weather
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #15 on: May 23, 2021, 07:03:23 AM »

White Kitty was crying at her own front door after it got dark.  Jennifer lured her with food and I think she slept in Jennifer's garage......rumor is that her new owner will pick her up this afternoon.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2021, 07:05:33 AM »

We have our monthly board meeting this afternoon.

I want to move my photography stand into the shop since Pillow Talk will be auditioning in the rehearsal center tomorrow evening.

I finished 20 slides yesterday and three news stories - I always gear the show release featuring the performers from the counties that the papers are published in....

After tomorrow night, I hope to have enough photos to finish the slides.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2021, 07:06:07 AM »

DR JEANNE - I have heard that the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser can clean your sneakers.

I have not tried it - but it might be worth a shot.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2021, 07:06:21 AM »

Now I have to go write my Promotions Committee Report.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2021, 07:16:57 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2021, 07:18:40 AM »

I must stir. I need to make a grocery run. Out of all sorts of staples: garlic, onions, celery, carrots.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2021, 07:50:16 AM »

Good morning, friends.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2021, 07:50:36 AM »

It has been an eventful morning, with more to come.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2021, 07:51:28 AM »

Very early morning grocery run.  Early to avoid a crowd. In-person because it was too long a list to have delivered.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2021, 07:51:53 AM »

Then, a long walk, before it got too hot.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2021, 07:52:17 AM »

Now, I have to shower to go out.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #26 on: May 23, 2021, 07:52:53 AM »

First, an outdoor recording session for my church gig - the first time we have gathered as a choir since Feb 2020.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #27 on: May 23, 2021, 07:53:13 AM »

Then, a trip to MY storage unit. (Shades of bk)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2021, 07:53:27 AM »

Then, to the pharmacy to pick up an Rx.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #29 on: May 23, 2021, 07:53:40 AM »

And all of THAT took up to
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up