Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND TOMORROW  (Read 14268 times)

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
Re:YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND TOMORROW
« Reply #180 on: May 16, 2005, 10:07:55 PM »

Watched Hercules and enjoyed it. I hope to see the four hour version sometime though. It didn't help knowing that it had been trimmed down to fit in the time slot. The one piece of CGI that really made me cringe was when the centaur was running. I didn't think that was done well at all. I have been hearing good reviews elsewhere. Just imagine what people would be saying if they hadn't trimmed it down to the 3 hour time slot! :D
There is no music without silence, only noise...

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:YESTERDAY, TODAY, AND TOMORROW
« Reply #181 on: May 16, 2005, 11:10:28 PM »

I've watched the first hour.  After having discussed this with Pogue the other night. I think one really needs to have it put back to its full length - the beginning was too confusing.  I also thought the CGI was awful.  Pogue's writing comes shining through, despite Roger Young's pedestrian and really poor direction and staging, and some actors who simply don't have the chops for this sort of dialogue.

The score seems quite okay to me.  I do wonder if the DVD will be widescreen - it doesn't look like it was shot that way to my eye, so it will be interesting to see which ratio the DVD is in.

If only this could have been directed by an Anthony Mann or a Nick Ray or someone who knows what epic means - with Pogue's script, no network interference (cutting something down for no reason), and a real director, well, that would be the berries.  We do love us our Leelee Sobieski, though.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up