Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: CHARGED FOR THE CHARGE  (Read 2635 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
CHARGED FOR THE CHARGE
« on: September 17, 2021, 12:17:28 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were charged about the charge for the charge, and now it is time for you to post until the charged cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: CHARGED FOR THE CHARGE
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2021, 12:18:29 AM »

And the word of the day is: WAMPUM!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2021, 12:28:34 AM »

I'm going to be looking for a new car soon, and eventual problems with all the newfangled electrical stuff in new cars is something I'm not looking forward to having to deal with.  My current car is 23 years old, and I've really only had mechanical issues because there's not much that's electronic as compared to the new cars of today. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2021, 12:30:29 AM »

So, I hope to at least get a manual transmission.  That might help mitigate some potential issues, but the main reason is that I just enjoy and prefer driving a stick shift more than an automatic.  Hopefully, I can actually get a decent car with a manual transmission, but if I can't, I can't.  I do need a new(er) car.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2021, 03:32:47 AM »

Good morning, friends.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2021, 03:33:31 AM »

I learned to drive on a manual transmission. Took me a while to figure out the clutch.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2021, 03:42:55 AM »

Good morning, all!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2021, 03:46:35 AM »

I had a so-so night. I remember no dreams, but I do remember that around 4:30 Annabelle crawled under the blankets to sleep next to me to get warm - it does get chilly after 2:00AM - and Thatch was rather restless. He usually plops down beside me and only occasionally switches position or runs off for a snack or the litter box.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2021, 03:49:35 AM »

Today's horoscope promises something good and financially rewarding, which wold be nice, but the last time I had similar news it was the day Sunday in the Park won the Pulitzer. I do hope this horoscope isn't 36 years late.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2021, 03:51:37 AM »

I have some Jerome Kern work today.  I've been delaying it for the past weeks. I also need to pour some Liquid Plumber down the bathtub and kitchen sink drains.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2021, 03:57:18 AM »

For those interested, La La Land Records is selling a newly re-mastered and expanded 2-disc CD of James Horner's score for Glory.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2021, 04:00:19 AM »

This morning, local CBS news continues reporting on a missing young Long Island woman, who went on a long trip with her fiancé. He returned tgo his parents' home, driving her van, and no one knows what became of her. Rather than being helpful, he's hiding behind an attorney.
https://nypost.com/2021/09/15/gabby-petito-brian-laundrie-fought-a-month-before-she-was-reported-missing-cops/

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2021, 04:07:06 AM »

Also, yesterday around 5:00, at Carmines Restaurant, on 90th and Broadway - eight blocks from me - three idiot Texan women, a 40+ mother, her 20+ daughter, and another, were arrested for attacking a 24 year-old hostess when she asked them for proof of vaccination before entering. I am so sick of these dumbass anto-vaxxer sonsabitches. I wou;dn't mind if Covid killed them all. The nation's collective IQ level would soar.
https://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/carmines-hostess-attacked-after-asking-group-from-texas-for-vaccination-proof-to-dine-inside/3277565/

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2021, 04:10:38 AM »

BK, wasn't Carmines where we had dinner with Sally Mayes before her Comden & Green recording? I would swear it was.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2021, 04:12:07 AM »

I hope your automobile issues are resolved quickly and inexpensively as possible, BK.

Michael

« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2021, 04:25:58 AM »

Good morning to all.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2021, 04:29:32 AM »

TOD I’ve been catching up watching older movies on various streaming services. I feel the quality is not as good as watching them on 4K or Blu discs. Plus I enjoy the special features that usually go along with them.
Never stop dreaming.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2021, 05:24:24 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2021, 05:34:07 AM »

This is the first morning in some time that Annabelle has been feeling frisky. The three cats were leaping, jumping about, and playing together as soon as they finished their breakfast. I'm very happy that she's getting back to her old self.

ChasSmith

« Reply #19 on: September 17, 2021, 05:45:09 AM »

Good morning, all.

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: September 17, 2021, 05:54:19 AM »

I got to know those Rozsa scores in reverse:  King of Kings (which I played to death, and went to repeatedly), then Ben-Hur which I caught up with later. I hadn't yet been going to movies by myself before 1961, and my family had never gone to see Ben-Hur in a theater.

Loved those box sets so much, with the hardcover souvenir books. I still have them, but they are not my originals which were trashed. Also have the other two that MGM issued, Brothers Grimm and Mutiny on the Bounty.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: September 17, 2021, 05:59:12 AM »

I love Rozsa's Thief of Baghdad score. It's one of my favorites. When I was in high school I purchased the box sets of LPs for both Ben-Hur and King of Kings. I think my next soundtrack purchase was in college: Goldfinger!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: September 17, 2021, 06:00:54 AM »

Time to do the recyclables and pick up yesterday's mail.

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: September 17, 2021, 06:07:30 AM »

TOD

DVD:  A few days ago I jumped on the bandwagon and watched Flower Drum Song, marveling at how great it is in every respect. That Overture/Main Title sequence blows me away. It's one of my absolute favorites. But everything about it, every single person involved.....just perfection. Can't wait for the transfer to Blu-ray, which I believe is next year.

CD:  Yesterday I listened to The Streets of New York, because now someone is proposing we do that one. I'd love to, but it's scored for two pianos -- which I love, but it could be difficult to find the right person to partner with this time around.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2021, 06:08:52 AM »

Did your book ever arrive get delivered, DR elmore3003?

ChasSmith

« Reply #25 on: September 17, 2021, 06:11:06 AM »

I love Rozsa's Thief of Baghdad score. It's one of my favorites. When I was in high school I purchased the box sets of LPs for both Ben-Hur and King of Kings. I think my next soundtrack purchase was in college: Goldfinger!

I played that Goldfinger soundtrack album to death, too, followed by Thunderball. Those were my first two 007 movies. I had to catch up with Doctor No and From Russia With Love later.

Laura

« Reply #26 on: September 17, 2021, 06:45:20 AM »

Good morning.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #27 on: September 17, 2021, 06:48:56 AM »

My piece of unsolicited advice:

Buy a new car and take good care of it.

Except for stuff that wears out, we have only done one real repair on mine. It's a '12. None yet on my DH's '14.

They both had dealer warranty work when they were young, but that's all.

Laura

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2021, 06:49:32 AM »

My son bought a car from a rental agency. He started fixing it right away.

Laura

« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2021, 06:50:49 AM »

Unless you like to work on cars. If that's the case, buy used.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up