Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: WELCOMING JUNE WITH OPEN ARMS  (Read 20515 times)

Danise

Re:WELCOMING JUNE WITH OPEN ARMS
« Reply #150 on: June 01, 2005, 05:52:08 PM »

How are you doing tonight/day DR Tomovoz?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: June 01, 2005, 06:11:25 PM »

How annoying is this?  The lamp in my new Mitsubishi DLP TV has blown, apparently defective.  I paid close to five hundred bucks for an extended warranty.  How does The Good Guys handle this problem?  I, yes you heard that right, I have to call Mitsubishi customer relations tomorrow morning and they will overnight me a new lamp which, I, yes you heard that right, I will have to replace myself (apparently easy to do - right in front of the TV).  I will be speaking to both The Good Guys manager and Mitsubishi first thing in the morning to discuss their quality control and the annoyance factor of my now being sans TV for at least two days.  I guess I'll either go out tonight or watch in the bedroom.

Michael

« Reply #152 on: June 01, 2005, 06:25:36 PM »

This is a St. Joseph's Oritory (sp?) One of the largest churches around. Very beautiful. See all those stairs? The truly devote climb on the stairs to the sanctuary on their knees!
Never stop dreaming.

Tomovoz

« Reply #153 on: June 01, 2005, 06:26:32 PM »

How are you doing tonight/day DR Tomovoz?
A good day DR Danise. Thanks for asking. I'm just a little stir crazy from being locked in the house and unable to drive yet.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Michael

« Reply #154 on: June 01, 2005, 06:27:11 PM »

Here is a closer view. Brother Andre was a miracle worker and the Vatican has made him a saint or is in the process. After he died they removed his heart so the miracles could continue. When I was younger someone kidnapped it and held it for ransome.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #155 on: June 01, 2005, 06:28:54 PM »

A view from the top of the mountain looking east. In the background is the Olympic Stadium. It helped to bankrupt the city and the taxes payers are still paying for it 30 years later.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #156 on: June 01, 2005, 06:30:49 PM »

Another view looking east. That is the Jacques Cartier Bridge names after the guy who found the island of Montreal. It is one of the oldest bridges around. The tall buildings near the bridge belong to the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Company) and its French counterpart Radio Canada.
Never stop dreaming.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #157 on: June 01, 2005, 06:43:58 PM »

June is National Dairy Month.

And June is National Soul Food Month.

And June is Also National Seafood Month.

Not to mention that June is National Candy Month, National Fresh Fruit and Vegetable Month, and National Iced Tea Month.

So don't let anyone catch you eating beef, because it isn't National Beef Month.

And according to my Futurama calendar, on June 1st, Gay Pride Month begins!!  So, let's all be Gay and Proud!!
;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #158 on: June 01, 2005, 06:48:25 PM »

Jrand, sweet, sweet photo.  You know my heart is with you.

George

« Reply #159 on: June 01, 2005, 06:56:34 PM »

I uploaded the animated bar (in my post above) but wasn't able to upload another image.  I got the message, "The upload folder is full. Please try a smaller file and contact the administrator."  So, I sent an e-mail to the HHW administrator. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #160 on: June 01, 2005, 06:56:56 PM »

SteveO, welcome.

George

« Reply #161 on: June 01, 2005, 06:57:50 PM »

I just noticed that I passed the 4000 Posts mark!!  And Jane two posts ago, posted her # 5555! ;D
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 06:58:22 PM by George »

Jane

« Reply #162 on: June 01, 2005, 07:11:16 PM »

Dan (the Man) technically it is girls day out and the HHW gang for dinner on Oct. 5th

Michael Shayne the church photos are great.  I also enjoyed the other ones.

Thank you for the 36th anniversary wishes Rodzinski, Jose, Ginny, Jennifer, George, and Danise,

Jane

« Reply #163 on: June 01, 2005, 07:11:54 PM »

George you are more observant than I am. ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #164 on: June 01, 2005, 07:13:00 PM »

That would be very annoying to have your brand new TV go on the blink, BK.

Jane

« Reply #165 on: June 01, 2005, 07:18:05 PM »

Ginny we ate those delicious bar harbor cookie things.  

Vixmom thanks for the pic of the Good Humor truck and the memories.  

Fudgesicles, ice cream sandwiches, drumsticks and the original orange push-ups which I still buy occasionally.  Bon Bons were a favorite at the movies.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #166 on: June 01, 2005, 07:23:54 PM »

I've alerted Mr. Mark Bakalor about the photo prob.  He'll do a purge soon, hopefully.  But, I think we should cut down on the huge number of photo posts that have been happening lately.  Do post photos, but just not quite so many.  

Jane

« Reply #167 on: June 01, 2005, 07:28:01 PM »

at the tech board.

I’m off for the night and will return in about two weeks.  

The house sitter came by today, the house is in order and I’m packed.  Just a few more things to do and we are off early tomorrow.  I really should take clothes out of the suite case.  While I travel very light when flying I tend to over pack when we drive.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #168 on: June 01, 2005, 07:36:08 PM »

I've alerted Mr. Mark Bakalor about the photo prob.  He'll do a purge soon, hopefully.  But, I think we should cut down on the huge number of photo posts that have been happening lately.  Do post photos, but just not quite so many.  

Do the links from Photobucket.com cause the same kind of problem?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #169 on: June 01, 2005, 07:37:13 PM »

! ! ! ! !  Happy Anniversary, Jane and Keith  ! ! ! ! !
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #170 on: June 01, 2005, 07:47:51 PM »

I meant to pick up a Creamsicle or two on the way home tonight, but I plum forgot.  So I am now eating another childhood treat:  potato chips and ice cream (Bryers' Vanilla Fudge Twirl, to be exact.)

I experienced a strange bit of synchronicity tonight.  I was reading a magazine article while the TV was on.  The article was about a guy who decided to learn how to play the piano, and his first choice of music was "Misty".  At the exact moment I read that paragraph, I realized that Ella Fitzgerald was singing "Misty" on TV.  Was it just a coincidence, or is the universe trying to tell me something?  
-- Anaïs Nin

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #171 on: June 01, 2005, 08:00:36 PM »

And according to my Futurama calendar, on June 1st, Gay Pride Month begins!!  So, let's all be Gay and Proud!!
;D

Long Beach, CA, celebrates Gay Pride in May.  It's the second biggest event in the city, topped only by the Grand Prix, and with a city the size of Long Beach that's saying something.  A lot of people think of it as a dress rehearsal for the parade and fest in West Hollywood.  A lot of others think the Long Beach fest is more fun!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #172 on: June 01, 2005, 08:40:27 PM »

Do the links from Photobucket.com cause the same kind of problem?

From what I "know"...

Links for Photobucket.com or other sites should not cause "problems" since they are links to other sites, and are not taking up "space" in the sites upload folder like actual pictures do.

I've started futzing more with Photoshop Elements.  Pretty neat stuff.  And the whole "Save for Web" feature is really cool.  Allows not only a "physical" resizing of the pic (how big the picture is on the screen), but also a "virtual" resizing of the pic in various "qualities" (how many bytes the pic is).  It's pretty amazing how the different "quality" settings can make a pic that normally takes up 1.2 megs get down to as little as 32 bytes.  And that's saying something!

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #173 on: June 01, 2005, 08:48:09 PM »

Good Evening!

Good show, and the only 'note' I got from the Music Supervisor was that they were going to turn my general level down in the mix.  Sometimes different houses/theatre end up "featuring" certain parts of the orchestra, and since most of my sounds are at preset levels (ones I have no control over), it's the technology not the operator.  The wonders of electronic amplification and acoustics.

And I can definitely tell that most of DC has already started leaving town for the summer... When I looked up into the balcony, it looked like a whole bunch of busses had not showed up if you get my drift.  *But at least we're getting comps for next week.  :-\

However...  Doing any sort of show in DC during the summer months is always a crap shoot.  A lot of people do leave town - college students, congressional "employees", people with houses at the beach, etc.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #174 on: June 01, 2005, 08:48:43 PM »

Safe travels, DR Jane.  Have a wonderful time with your family!
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #175 on: June 01, 2005, 08:56:24 PM »

We have been purged.  For the second time today, the Internet has been down.  It's peculiar, because the cable modem box's lights are all fine - I'm connected to AOL and everything (like e-mail and IM) is working fine.  So, I'm connected, but could not get to any websites.  Safari wouldn't connect to the Adelphia home page, so I knew it had to be something with them.  So, I called, and they did their usual tap routine saying nothing that made sense.  He wanted me to unplug the wireless and the cable, blah, blah, but I said no, that that wasn't the problem.  He tried having me launch IE.  It semi-launched but gave me some weird-looking version of the msn home page.  Then he mumbled some gobledygook and said he'd have to pass me along to the next level for them to take care of.  I've been on hold waiting for ten minutes.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: June 01, 2005, 09:13:33 PM »

Spoke to level two who had nothing to offer, although, in a little throwaway sentence, he admitted there had been some problem with Adelphia last night, and today.  Who'd a thunk it?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #177 on: June 01, 2005, 09:14:49 PM »

We have been purged.  For the second time today, the Internet has been down.  It's peculiar, because the cable modem box's lights are all fine - I'm connected to AOL and everything (like e-mail and IM) is working fine.  So, I'm connected, but could not get to any websites.  Safari wouldn't connect to the Adelphia home page, so I knew it had to be something with them.  So, I called, and they did their usual tap routine saying nothing that made sense.  He wanted me to unplug the wireless and the cable, blah, blah, but I said no, that that wasn't the problem.  He tried having me launch IE.  It semi-launched but gave me some weird-looking version of the msn home page.  Then he mumbled some gobledygook and said he'd have to pass me along to the next level for them to take care of.  I've been on hold waiting for ten minutes.

Sunspots?

-Although, I do remember when that was considered a legitimate reason for internet - and cellphone - connection issues. So, who knows?
Make Your Own Luck.

George

« Reply #178 on: June 01, 2005, 09:42:26 PM »

I experienced a strange bit of synchronicity tonight.  I was reading a magazine article while the TV was on.  The article was about a guy who decided to learn how to play the piano, and his first choice of music was "Misty".  At the exact moment I read that paragraph, I realized that Ella Fitzgerald was singing "Misty" on TV.  Was it just a coincidence, or is the universe trying to tell me something?  

Something like that happens to me at work a lot...well, at least a couple of times a month!  I listen to music as I order books for the library where I work and as I listen to the music, I'll read a word in the journal or book review at the exact same time that I hear it in the music.  It's pretty freaky!

Tomovoz

« Reply #179 on: June 01, 2005, 10:55:12 PM »

I've just finished making a CD compilation of various and sun dried versions of "Ebb Tide". (For a DR of course). My follow up comment to Colin was that I should now do one of "Misty", one of my top 10 favourite tunes of all time. (and I'm not a Clint Eastwood fan).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2005, 10:55:57 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up