Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: DECISIONS, DECISIONS  (Read 7945 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: DECISIONS, DECISIONS
« Reply #120 on: December 21, 2021, 04:56:38 PM »

HA!  Nine and half hours later.....

A few more folks Wednesday and Thursday....then we should be done.

Exhausting.....of course they still have to come and pick up stuff hopefully before Friday.

There are some people I NEVER want to see or hear from again in my life.....mostly my aunt & niece who both pieces of work who need just stop being asses.....but that is not in their nature.

Well, it is Christmas and a donkey has a role in the story. Maybe they're just getting into the spirit.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #121 on: December 21, 2021, 04:56:47 PM »

Five!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: December 21, 2021, 04:58:08 PM »

Ended up trying to help a Facebook friend - he published via Amazon's CreateSpace or Kindle direct or whatever they call it. He sent me a copy after he spent days trying to fix the crazy way it came out. He did, he thought, but not really, because he simply doesn't understand Word or how to do this. The book has a nice cover and the interior is completely inept. Times New Roman for the font, double spaces between all paragraphs, no indentations, new chapters starting in the middle of a page right after the end of the previous chapter. I told him to call me. Trying to tell him how to fix and hear him struggling with trying to understand things, I told him to send me his Word doc.

John G.

« Reply #123 on: December 21, 2021, 05:02:23 PM »

Oh former DR MIKE BARNUM asked me to tell everyone here at HHW a big HELLO!  We had an email exchange about John Saxon....as you do.

Hi, Mike. You've been missed.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: December 21, 2021, 05:02:31 PM »

He did, and so I spent an hour redoing the front matter and the first two chapters - using a proper book font (Garamond), fixing the spacing issues, putting a proper page break at the end of those two chapters (he hadn't done that, which is why it comes out screwy), found a nice font for his chapter headings and subtitles and did that and sent it back to him - oh, and added all the indents for starts of paragraphs - that's really the only time consuming thing - you have to do that before any of the other stuff or you don't know where the paragraph breaks are. I sent it to him and he, of course, loves that it now looks like a book. Now, I can either try and talk him through how to set up everything so it will do all this stuff, or I can just try to do it for him. We'll see. I don't really want to do it, but I feel bad for him. But if I at least get everything in Garamond and the other font and do the page breaks at ends of chapters, then if he just inputs what I tell him into the "paragraph" tab in Word, then the rest is easy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: December 21, 2021, 05:03:59 PM »

I went to the mail place and picked up some packages - two screeners, one being Being the Ricardos, which I streamed already and wish now I hadn't, and Licorice Pizza, which is just about the only movie I was really interested in seeing. So, that will be tonight's film. Eating sandwiches now.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #126 on: December 21, 2021, 05:04:57 PM »

;D  I feel for you.

Jane

« Reply #127 on: December 21, 2021, 05:06:13 PM »

There are some people I NEVER want to see or hear from again in my life.....mostly my aunt & niece who both pieces of work who need just stop being asses.....but that is not in their nature.

Are these the same two people who have been left nothing in the will?

Jane

« Reply #128 on: December 21, 2021, 05:07:09 PM »

A few more folks Wednesday and Thursday....then we should be done.

Exhausting.....of course they still have to come and pick up stuff hopefully before Friday.

Well, it is Christmas and a donkey has a role in the story. Maybe they're just getting into the spirit.

;D

Jane

« Reply #129 on: December 21, 2021, 05:07:37 PM »

DR Jrand thanks for sharing former DR Michael Barnum's message.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2021, 05:09:18 PM by Jane »

Jane

« Reply #130 on: December 21, 2021, 05:09:55 PM »

Bruce I am glad the person you helped is appropriately grateful.  It was nice of you to help him.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #131 on: December 21, 2021, 06:17:19 PM »

Good night, friends.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

John G.

« Reply #132 on: December 21, 2021, 06:22:59 PM »

Starting to watch Female Trouble with Divine. When she doesn't get the cha-cha heels she wants for Christmas, Divine's character throws the tree down on her parents and runs off to lead a life of crime. If Die Hard can qualify as a Christmas movie, then so can this.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #133 on: December 21, 2021, 06:24:51 PM »

Except Die Hard sounds like a much better movie ;D

Jane

« Reply #134 on: December 21, 2021, 06:29:33 PM »

'night

John G.

« Reply #135 on: December 21, 2021, 06:38:50 PM »

Except Die Hard sounds like a much better movie ;D

To you. :)
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #136 on: December 21, 2021, 09:19:32 PM »

Wow. No posts in a while.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #137 on: December 21, 2021, 09:20:33 PM »

I finished off a Maigret novel. It was fun. Sociopath mother and overly devoted son were the killer and accomplice.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #138 on: December 21, 2021, 09:30:35 PM »

Good night, all.
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #139 on: December 21, 2021, 09:50:55 PM »

Finished with my viewing.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #140 on: December 22, 2021, 12:00:20 AM »

Ended up trying to help a Facebook friend - he published via Amazon's CreateSpace or Kindle direct or whatever they call it. He sent me a copy after he spent days trying to fix the crazy way it came out. He did, he thought, but not really, because he simply doesn't understand Word or how to do this. The book has a nice cover and the interior is completely inept. Times New Roman for the font, double spaces between all paragraphs, no indentations, new chapters starting in the middle of a page right after the end of the previous chapter. I told him to call me. Trying to tell him how to fix and hear him struggling with trying to understand things, I told him to send me his Word doc.
He did, and so I spent an hour redoing the front matter and the first two chapters - using a proper book font (Garamond), fixing the spacing issues, putting a proper page break at the end of those two chapters (he hadn't done that, which is why it comes out screwy), found a nice font for his chapter headings and subtitles and did that and sent it back to him - oh, and added all the indents for starts of paragraphs - that's really the only time consuming thing - you have to do that before any of the other stuff or you don't know where the paragraph breaks are. I sent it to him and he, of course, loves that it now looks like a book. Now, I can either try and talk him through how to set up everything so it will do all this stuff, or I can just try to do it for him. We'll see. I don't really want to do it, but I feel bad for him. But if I at least get everything in Garamond and the other font and do the page breaks at ends of chapters, then if he just inputs what I tell him into the "paragraph" tab in Word, then the rest is easy.

Hope you get a special thanks in the book, BK!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #141 on: December 22, 2021, 12:02:18 AM »

Starting to watch Female Trouble with Divine. When she doesn't get the cha-cha heels she wants for Christmas, Divine's character throws the tree down on her parents and runs off to lead a life of crime. If Die Hard can qualify as a Christmas movie, then so can this.

:))
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #142 on: December 22, 2021, 12:02:46 AM »

George

« Reply #143 on: December 22, 2021, 12:29:05 AM »

Well, I hate to do it, but I need to get to sleep.  I want to get to work a little early again, so I need to get to sleep earlier.

Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow. :)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up