Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TEN MINUTES OF STUPID  (Read 9162 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re: TEN MINUTES OF STUPID
« Reply #90 on: March 10, 2022, 01:03:45 PM »

I do not know if Purina is having transport issues, supply issues, or bad management, but their Fancy Feast Grilled Tuna and Shrimp & Salmon have been out of stock at every pet supplier for weeks, and the tuna is the one cat food my babies all love. It's working my last nerve.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #91 on: March 10, 2022, 01:03:51 PM »

Page 4!

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #92 on: March 10, 2022, 01:37:13 PM »

Good news about the project, DR elmore3003.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #93 on: March 10, 2022, 01:37:24 PM »

What a trophy, DR John G.!
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #94 on: March 10, 2022, 01:38:15 PM »

Wow. Reading John Y*p's latest post to CAST-RECL. The one where he uses the phrase "Complete Musicals" about 20 times over.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: March 10, 2022, 01:40:43 PM »

On the health side of my life, I can sense a definite improvement. Where I was having 6-7 bathroom breaks a night I now seem to be down to 3-4, and that makes me very happy. I see my urologist on Monday, and I hope he'll take a PSA.

That's great, Larry!  Hopefully, the trend continues!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #96 on: March 10, 2022, 01:41:34 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: March 10, 2022, 01:41:41 PM »

Wow. Reading John Y*p's latest post to CAST-RECL. The one where he uses the phrase "Complete Musicals" about 20 times over.

He's very full of himself. I honestly doubt THE MOST HAPPY FELLA cost $800,000, and I wonder how much of that Jo Loesser paid.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #98 on: March 10, 2022, 01:42:21 PM »

And, by the way...    F U, Governor DeSantis!

Super Ditto!! >:(

George

« Reply #99 on: March 10, 2022, 01:44:35 PM »

When I was getting my hair cut yesterday, my barber was all agog about a surprise his wife had revealed to him that morning.  On Saturday, she and he will drive to Florence SC to attend a Trump rally.  Yes, "the Donald" will be in South Carolina on that day and will spew his hate and bile for a couple of hours starting at 7 p.m.  Brian and his wife will be in line at 2 p.m. in order to gain entrance.   Made me want to holler.  Made me want to shout.

But enough politics from me.   :(

I used to go to a local barber who was a tRump supporter...operative phrase being used to. ::)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: March 10, 2022, 01:46:34 PM »

Today's saddest photo from Ukraine.

George

« Reply #101 on: March 10, 2022, 01:48:40 PM »

When my father was with Mobil Oil, we were living in Connecticut at the time. He was told he was being transferred to Texas. My mother said "no." So he had to find another job.

Two years later, all those folks who had accepted the transfer to Texas were laid off.

Good for your mom.

George

« Reply #102 on: March 10, 2022, 01:48:58 PM »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2022, 02:08:32 PM »

I also always put the same thing in the same place and have for years.

I learned the lesson the hard way MANY TIMES when I decided there was a better and more convenient place for the car keys, my tennis shoes, my wallet, and/or my glasses.  Most recently....my telephone.

AND there are half filled bottles of water all over the house.

Sometimes it's not the things I have LOST it's the things I have FOUND.

Have you seen the movie "Signs"?  You seem well-prepared for the alien invasion of creatures that cannot stand water.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #104 on: March 10, 2022, 02:09:30 PM »

When I was getting my hair cut yesterday, my barber was all agog about a surprise his wife had revealed to him that morning.  On Saturday, she and he will drive to Florence SC to attend a Trump rally.  Yes, "the Donald" will be in South Carolina on that day and will spew his hate and bile for a couple of hours starting at 7 p.m.  Brian and his wife will be in line at 2 p.m. in order to gain entrance.   Made me want to holler.  Made me want to shout.

I used to go to a local barber who was a tRump supporter...operative phrase being used to. ::)

Funnily enough, my barber used to live in Tumwater!!!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #105 on: March 10, 2022, 02:10:47 PM »

I do not know if Purina is having transport issues, supply issues, or bad management, but their Fancy Feast Grilled Tuna and Shrimp & Salmon have been out of stock at every pet supplier for weeks, and the tuna is the one cat food my babies all love. It's working my last nerve.

On my way home from the chiropractor the other day, I passed a yard where a sign had been posted.  It read "Cat Food Needed Badly".

George

« Reply #106 on: March 10, 2022, 02:15:19 PM »

I must say that MR BK's story started going in a direction that I did not like.....BUT I think the ending was very nice.

How can you find something in your pocket IF you don't know there is a pocket?

I was trying very hard not to imagine that the keys were in the trunk.

That's what I was thinking.

George

« Reply #107 on: March 10, 2022, 02:20:45 PM »

So, the framing is done. They sent proof of size. It’s taller than the framer.

Very nice...and picture's pretty cool, too. ;)

George

« Reply #108 on: March 10, 2022, 02:21:58 PM »

that looks nice DR JOHN G.

The frame looks nice, too.

Great minds think alike. ;D

George

« Reply #109 on: March 10, 2022, 02:24:58 PM »

Well, so far the recording project is still afloat.

Whew!!

George

« Reply #110 on: March 10, 2022, 02:34:21 PM »

Funnily enough, my barber used to live in Tumwater!!!

That's right!  You mentioned that before.  Too bad my former barber wasn't the one who moved. ::)

;)

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #111 on: March 10, 2022, 02:47:16 PM »

What's the raisin bran for? Did he mount a little raisin over the face of each actor?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #112 on: March 10, 2022, 03:31:29 PM »

;D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: March 10, 2022, 03:51:38 PM »

Hello, everyone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #114 on: March 10, 2022, 03:53:19 PM »

Nice artwork, John G.

Singdaw noticed the Raisin Bran. I noticed the framer's colorful shoes.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #115 on: March 10, 2022, 04:01:53 PM »

Yes, DR Jeanne - you are all about the fashion. And I am all about the stomach.     :D

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: March 10, 2022, 04:02:13 PM »

Speaking of tax preparers...

The week before last I phoned the guy I've been using, Dennis, to ask a couple questions that I could not finish my end of things without. He answered them, then told me to call or email for an appointment when I had everything ready. Tuesday of last week I did so and left a message. No word from him. Last Monday I emailed, suggested that I just drop the papers off at his office and when would someone be there. Still no word. By yesterday I figured he either was deliberately avoiding me or was deeply buried -- neither was good news.

Yesterday I looked for someone else and found a preparer with EXCELLENT reviews. He actually answered the phone and said he could do my return quite soon. He's more expensive and it's further to drive, but I'd like a second opinion on ways to reduce my taxes. I have an appointment with him tomorrow.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #117 on: March 10, 2022, 04:04:04 PM »

Hi, Sing.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #118 on: March 10, 2022, 04:04:07 PM »

Sounds good, DR Jeanne.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #119 on: March 10, 2022, 04:04:35 PM »

Second opinions on things of import sounds like a good idea in general.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up