Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: A BAD FOOD DAY  (Read 9484 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: A BAD FOOD DAY
« Reply #60 on: June 12, 2022, 01:32:01 PM »

PAGE THREE DANCE!!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #61 on: June 12, 2022, 01:33:18 PM »

DR George have you pestered your car dealership recently?

Well...I called Wednesday a week and a half ago and had to leave my information, which meant that I would have to call back.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #62 on: June 12, 2022, 01:34:50 PM »

The next day (Thursday a week ago), I went to the dealer's website and just happened to see that one of their incoming vehicles (it was listed as "in transit") was the sport trim (meaning, more expensive) version of the exact car that I had ordered six months ago!

George

« Reply #63 on: June 12, 2022, 01:35:41 PM »

It had options that I didn't order (powered moon roof, heated side view mirrors, auto-dimming rear view mirror, heated front seats, etc), BUT it was an automatic.

George

« Reply #64 on: June 12, 2022, 01:37:29 PM »

I called back on Friday (a week and two days ago) and asked about my car, and the guy who answered remembered me and said that he would have to call his reps to find out what's going on with the car I ordered!

George

« Reply #65 on: June 12, 2022, 01:37:40 PM »

He had no idea why it was taking so long.

George

« Reply #66 on: June 12, 2022, 01:38:24 PM »

I then asked him about the incoming sport trim and asked if anyone had claimed it, and he saw that no one had...would I want to reserve it?

George

« Reply #67 on: June 12, 2022, 01:39:07 PM »

I asked if I did that and my ordered car came in, could I still get that instead, and he said yes, I could get my manual transmission, or I could get the automatic sport trim.

George

« Reply #68 on: June 12, 2022, 01:39:19 PM »

I said to go ahead and reserve the sport trim.

George

« Reply #69 on: June 12, 2022, 01:40:02 PM »

I figured that if nothing else, this car at least had a specific date of delivery...June 21, which is now less than a week and a half away.

George

« Reply #70 on: June 12, 2022, 01:40:57 PM »

I really do still want a manual transmission, but I'd read this headline of an article a few weeks ago that talked about a guy back east who had a manual transmission and he took it to the dealer to get some regular servicing done.

George

« Reply #71 on: June 12, 2022, 01:42:07 PM »

If I remember correctly, it turns out the the (one?) person at the dealership who knew how to drive a manual wasn't there that day, and someone else tried to move the car and ruined the transmission, and then the dealership didn't want to pay for the repairs! :o WTF??

George

« Reply #72 on: June 12, 2022, 01:42:26 PM »

And I was thinking...was this something that I had to look forward to??

George

« Reply #73 on: June 12, 2022, 01:44:56 PM »

Anyway, the more I thought about it, plus the idea of there being an actual arrival date, AND all the options that are included with the automatic (although it would cost more), I really am leaning towards getting this sport trim.

George

« Reply #74 on: June 12, 2022, 01:47:20 PM »

I still haven't heard back about what's going on with my ordered stick shift, but I can afford the more expensive car, and realistically, it probably would just be better to get the automatic because in a potential situation where I'm driving someone who can only drive an automatic and I have some kind of emergency, they wouldn't be able to drive my stick shift...also, it's supposed to include a built-in CD player AND it's the exact same color that I had ordered:  Ocean Blue Pearl!
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 01:57:16 PM by George »

George

« Reply #75 on: June 12, 2022, 01:54:43 PM »

So, it looks like if everything goes according to Hoyle, a week from Tuesday, June 21, will be my new car gotcha day...possibly!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2022, 01:59:58 PM »

Good news DR GEORGE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #77 on: June 12, 2022, 02:01:01 PM »

I am hoping I have a lot more people at tomorrow's audition session than I had today.

I don't feel like saying more- or in fact ANYTHING.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

« Reply #78 on: June 12, 2022, 02:05:47 PM »

Good news DR GEORGE.

Thanks, Jrand.

George

« Reply #79 on: June 12, 2022, 02:07:03 PM »

I am hoping I have a lot more people at tomorrow's audition session than I had today.

~~~Continued Break Legs Vibes for your Audition!!~~~

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2022, 02:30:41 PM »

I'm so sorry.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2022, 02:46:20 PM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2022, 02:47:08 PM »

I hope your wish comes true.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2022, 02:48:40 PM »

I learned the difference between a huckleberry (more blueberry-likecwith a dark center and seeds) and a marionberry (a type of blackberry).
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2022, 02:49:18 PM »

It helps to know that when ordering pie.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2022, 02:51:02 PM »

Nice sign.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2022, 02:51:43 PM »

And another
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2022, 02:59:03 PM »

I still haven't heard back about what's going on with my ordered stick shift, but I can afford the more expensive car, and realistically, it probably would just be better to get the automatic because in a potential situation where I'm driving someone who can only drive an automatic and I have some kind of emergency, they wouldn't be able to drive my stick shift...also, it's supposed to include a built-in CD player AND it's the exact same color that I had ordered:  Ocean Blue Pearl!

These are all very good reason to take this car. 

Jane

« Reply #88 on: June 12, 2022, 03:00:24 PM »

If I remember correctly, it turns out the the (one?) person at the dealership who knew how to drive a manual wasn't there that day, and someone else tried to move the car and ruined the transmission, and then the dealership didn't want to pay for the repairs! :o WTF??

I have seen other articles about a shortage of people who know how to repair the cars, but really they were responsible for the damage to the car.

Jane

« Reply #89 on: June 12, 2022, 03:02:06 PM »

George did you have to give them money to reserve the car?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up