Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: DISSERTATION ON THE STATE OF NUTMEATS  (Read 23692 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re:DISSERTATION ON THE STATE OF NUTMEATS
« Reply #60 on: June 22, 2005, 08:28:00 AM »

I love cashews!  They are my favorite nutmeats.  I especially love cashews in fudge!!  And my favorite kind of pizza...yes, pizza...is pepperoni, pineapple, cashews and extra cheese on a thin crust.  It's the absolute best pizza, in my humble opinion (IMHO, in Internet lingo).  And that's exactly what I had for dinner tonight!  It was left over from Saturday, but still good.  Of course, refrigerated, left-over pizza is never as good as fresh from the restaurant, but it was good enough. :)

I also really like hazelnuts (I've never called them "filberts"), walnuts, peanuts, almonds, pecans (especially in pie).

No wonder I'm allergic to filberts.  I never knew what they were.  Your piza, minus the pepperoni sounds delicious.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: June 22, 2005, 08:29:37 AM »

DR Rodzinski, now that you have watched the killer cobra movie, have you had time to view the killer tree trunk movie or the killer Japanese female Ninja go-go dancers movie?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #62 on: June 22, 2005, 08:36:18 AM »

JMK I’m sorry about your floor.  Unless you know how, good luck finding someone to fix it.  In the meantime Old English Scratch Cover might help.

George, thanks for the new batch of pics.  Everyone looks like they are having loads of fun.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #63 on: June 22, 2005, 08:37:02 AM »

Killer tree trunk from Hell is next on my list. Then the Ninja girls.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #64 on: June 22, 2005, 08:39:08 AM »

Great pictures from the gathering(s) by the way.

Jennifer

« Reply #65 on: June 22, 2005, 08:39:34 AM »

So is opening the email bad or just clicking on the links?

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: June 22, 2005, 08:40:45 AM »

Wow, BK is wondering if I am taken aback.  Well, you all know how contrary I can be, so I have decided to be taken afront or even perhaps asideways.  ;)

Yes, we have had a whirlwind 3 days with BK (and, possibly, The Condor).  We have laughed and laughed.  We have dished the dirt (we got some doozies from BK last night at dinner which he probably doesn't even remember, but I do, oh, yes, I do).  I personally got a little sneak peek at the Kritzerland site, which looks very nice indeed, unlike a certain other site which has degenerated into the butt-ugliest thing imaginable.

So's, anyhoo, without naming names or getting into specifics that could possibly create spousal fury, do any of you have any experience with refinishing floors?  I have this two foot gouge in my living room I need to take care of.  I'm afraid they're going to have to remove four or five planks and replace them, since the gouge moves across several.  Any ideas?  We're calling a guy today that a friend of ours has used, but any advice would be appreciated.

Off to pick up BK in a few.  Then he'll be back here for the final runthrough.

Oy.   ;D
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 09:04:28 AM by JMK »
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: June 22, 2005, 08:41:21 AM »

Yes, great pics from the gathering.

DR Jane commented on the one with the HHW supercouple.  But what about the one with them and TCB in front (titled something like "dad with kids"). :)

MBarnum

« Reply #68 on: June 22, 2005, 08:46:04 AM »

I think you are safe in opening the e-mail. I myself would not click on the links...gosh only knows where it might take you.

The problem I have is that sometimes I get legitimate e-mails that LOOK like spam! Someone I know, but whose e-mail address I don't recognize (such as one of my interviewees) will just put "Hi!" in the subject line....well, you know how much spam you get with "Hi!" in the subject line.

So occasionally I get fooled and open something evil just because I don't want to take a chance on missing a legit e-mail.

But usually spam is pretty easy to identify.

MBarnum

« Reply #69 on: June 22, 2005, 08:48:00 AM »

But what makes me really angry is spyware or adware that goes on to you computer just by going to a webstie...that should so be against the law! I mean the nerve of someone to put something on your computer without your knowledge or OK...I think you should be able to sue the website and all the advertisers that are on the adware.

MBarnum

« Reply #70 on: June 22, 2005, 08:54:39 AM »

Oh, gosh JMK!

I am sure Bruce B feels very bad and embarrassed about you floor. But frankly, he can move furniture at my house any day! LOL!

Oddly enough I did the same thing at my buddy Mark's house once (well, twice). I kept moving his couch a bit, because I thought it wasn't centered enough...then it turned out each time I was doing that some metal piece was making a large and deep mark in the wood floor! Woops! My bad!

But who knew!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #71 on: June 22, 2005, 08:57:59 AM »

Good vibes to OZDEREK.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #72 on: June 22, 2005, 08:58:09 AM »

No Jessica Skerritt sightings, eh?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #73 on: June 22, 2005, 08:59:14 AM »

Floor vibes to DR JMK.  A good refinisher may bring it back to acceptable, but for pristine, you may have to replace the planks, I am afraid.

I got a couple of the Dollar DVD's yesterday:  5 episodes of DRAGNET and Jack Nicholson in THE WILD RIDE.  Whew!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #74 on: June 22, 2005, 09:00:20 AM »

I'm wondering if homeowner's insurance wouldn't cover something like that damage to the floor!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #75 on: June 22, 2005, 09:01:00 AM »

Floor vibes to DR JMK.  A good refinisher may bring it back to acceptable, but for pristine, you may have to replace the planks, I am afraid.

I got a couple of the Dollar DVD's yesterday:  5 episodes of DRAGNET and Jack Nicholson in THE WILD RIDE.  Whew!

Nothing like value for the money, that's what I always say.

What do you always say?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: June 22, 2005, 09:08:12 AM »

Ah, THE WILD RIDE! Starring that girl from NIGHT OF THE  BLOOD BEAST. She has one funky hair-do in this movie!

Ginny

« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2005, 09:13:05 AM »

Neglected to mention earlier how much I enjoyed the latest batch of photos from Portland.

Also, health vibes for DR ozderek, weather vibes for everybody in Phoenix (including my aunt), and floor vibes to DR JMK.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2005, 09:14:35 AM »

I think you are safe in opening the e-mail. I myself would not click on the links...gosh only knows where it might take you.

The problem I have is that sometimes I get legitimate e-mails that LOOK like spam! Someone I know, but whose e-mail address I don't recognize (such as one of my interviewees) will just put "Hi!" in the subject line....well, you know how much spam you get with "Hi!" in the subject line.

So occasionally I get fooled and open something evil just because I don't want to take a chance on missing a legit e-mail.

But usually spam is pretty easy to identify.

What drives me crazy is the spam that is so obviously spam.  Subjects such as "!!!CONGRATULATION!! TO !!YOU!!!" or "Saxy girls looking to meet you bartholomew" sent by people like Reality Q. Testamentary  or fasheyiky ebb.  Who the hell do they think they're kidding?  If you are going to dupe me into opening your spam, don't insult my intelligence.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2005, 09:14:53 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2005, 09:21:02 AM »

AOL's spam junker is really pretty good. I really don't get spam of that kind any more. I do get messages from sites that I visit often just to advertise what's going on there, but I delete that, too without opening. I'm going there anyway so I'll see what's there when I get there.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2005, 09:29:25 AM »

Speaking of Jack Nicholson, the guy clearly doesn't want to act anymore unless he can play yet another version of himself...

"Jack Nicholson helped re-write the script for his new movie with legendary director Martin Scorsese, because he felt the sex scenes needed spicing up. Nicholson stars alongside Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio in thriller The Departed, a remake of Hong Kong movie Infernal Affairs, due for release next year. According to reports, the actor wanted to make his character - an Irish-American gangster - a little more like himself, and more of an animal in the bedroom. A source tells the New York Daily News, "Jack didn't feel there was enough Jack in his character. Jack actually did some of the writing himself." The insider adds of the sex scenes, "Jack suggested using a (prosthetic appendage). He also wanted to dust the a** of one of the actresses with cocaine. Marty said, 'Go for it!'" A Warner Bros spokesman adds, "It's not at all uncommon for dialogue to be fine-tuned during production. Everyone is extremely pleased with the way this shoot is proceeding."

MBarnum

« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2005, 09:30:06 AM »

One piece of spam that I kept deleting was from Border's Books....until I realized they have wonderful 30% off coupons that I could have been taking advantage of! LOL!

You live and learn, and you have to take the good with the bad.

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2005, 09:32:35 AM »

That's why I have always felt, if you've seen one Jack Nicholson movie, you've seen 'em all! LOL!

(of course that isn't really true, but a lot of his performances are pretty much the same...I do prefer his early, early B movie stuff in the late 50s and early 60s before he became popular).

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2005, 09:34:06 AM »

Speaking of Jack Nicholson, the guy clearly doesn't want to act anymore unless he can play yet another version of himself...

"Jack Nicholson helped re-write the script for his new movie with legendary director Martin Scorsese, because he felt the sex scenes needed spicing up. Nicholson stars alongside Matt Damon and Leonardo DiCaprio in thriller The Departed, a remake of Hong Kong movie Infernal Affairs, due for release next year. According to reports, the actor wanted to make his character - an Irish-American gangster - a little more like himself, and more of an animal in the bedroom. A source tells the New York Daily News, "Jack didn't feel there was enough Jack in his character. Jack actually did some of the writing himself." The insider adds of the sex scenes, "Jack suggested using a (prosthetic appendage). He also wanted to dust the a** of one of the actresses with cocaine. Marty said, 'Go for it!'" A Warner Bros spokesman adds, "It's not at all uncommon for dialogue to be fine-tuned during production. Everyone is extremely pleased with the way this shoot is proceeding."

Dear, lord, who is the intended audience for this picture? I certainly won't be front and center.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2005, 09:36:50 AM »

Good question, Matt.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2005, 09:38:27 AM »

DR MBARNUM - I think this DRAGNET dvd is one you talked about, although this is Volume 2.  I just saw Leonard Nimoy with a pencil moustache get arrested as a 19 year old car thief and petty criminal from Frisco.

RLP may be onto something....homeowner's insurance, JMK!

RLP - I saw yesterday that I was having a bad influence on your posts...I am glad that my work here is taking off.

DR RODZINSKI I second MB's recommendations that you watch BLACK TIGHT KILLERS and FROM HELL IT CAME immediately.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #86 on: June 22, 2005, 09:38:53 AM »

Dear, lord, who is the intended audience for this picture?

It's for people who don't get to Blockbuster until 7:30 on a Saturday night.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #87 on: June 22, 2005, 09:38:59 AM »

Xenobia cashews?!

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #88 on: June 22, 2005, 09:41:51 AM »

Ha Ha. Yes, MBarnum. I definitely think if you've seen one Nicholson "performance" you've seen them all. Though he's been in a wide range of films. Nice of Scorcese to give him carte blanche for more of the same.

Ben

« Reply #89 on: June 22, 2005, 09:54:38 AM »

I went to the Greenmarket at lunch and got cherries (umm, I love cherries), strawberries, boston lettuce, cherry tomatoes (another favorite, I can eat them by the handsful), Empire apples, hamentaschen, rugelach, a spinach quiche, a whole wheat mushroom focaccia and a whole wheat eggplant stromboli. For lunch I had half the stromboli and cherry tomatoes with a glass of V-8. I'm satisfied.

Jennifer, clicking any link in one of those e-mails is so NOT[/u][/i] the thing to do! You could be taken to any Web site in the world with the worst kind of spyware and adware that could shut down your computer. If you're not using a good firewall and a virus protection program your computer is open to serious trouble. Even with a firewall and virus protection and an ad blocking program running, something might slip through. It's not remotely worth the chance that you could screw up your computer just to see a "spoofed" Web page. You should NEVER, EVER, EVER click one of those links. Even if your computer doesn't get hit with something, as others have mentioned, you could get all sorts of cookies which while, perhaps, not harmful, per se, can track your surfing and deliver all sorts of unwanted ads or spam e-mail. If you don't clean out your cookie file then your computer just fills up with s**t. I clean the cookies every time I close my browser. It's just part of the process for me. And I run Ad-Aware and SpyBot Search and Destroy along with MacAfee every day. I know that sounds like a lot to do but once burned, twice shy as they say. I don't mean to make it sound like surfing the net is dangerous but it's not the same playland it used to be even 2 years ago. A computer is a big investment and to have it screwed with by jerks who may be doing it for fun or worse be out to steal personal information means you have to exercise caution with e-mail and Web sites!

Enough of the doom and gloom. Now go outside and play. It's a beautiful day. What are you doing inside?  ;)
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9   Go Up