Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES BY OSMOSIS  (Read 23304 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:NOTES BY OSMOSIS
« Reply #210 on: June 28, 2005, 07:14:18 PM »

All features at kritzerland.com are working just fine now.

Michael

« Reply #211 on: June 28, 2005, 07:22:35 PM »

Before I came up with the correct answers for the trivia question I got fixated with these answers that did not pan out.

Name the hit play? LONG DAYS JOURNEY INTO NIGHT

Name the cast member who would recreate their role. JASON ROBARDS

Name the person who played the leading role in the film version of the hit play, and name the play they were appearing in at the same time as the hit play. MICHAEL REDGRAVE (THE SLEEPING PRINCE)

Name the person who played the lead in the hit play, and name the classic film they would co-star in (to great acclaim). Name the co-star from the hit play who also appeared in the classic film,

FREDRIC MARCH  (JEAN VALJEAN LES MIZ) FLORENCE ELDRIDGE (FANTINE)

and name the author of the novel the classic film was based on,
VICTOR HUGO

and the hit play that the author had on Broadway at the same time as the hit play of our contest.
And here is where I hit a stumbling block.

What was the hit play’s other claim to fame?
The first and so far only time that the author of an original play to win the TONY award had died before the play had open.

So I had it all except for that one. Then I had to start from scratch. But I enjoyed the search. It is all in the game that is the most fun!!
Never stop dreaming.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #212 on: June 28, 2005, 07:24:07 PM »

I love flowers. One of my favorites are purple roses.  But I can be very happy with just an assorted bunch.

One type I have never been too fond of is carnations.  Although they last much longer than roses!

I agree with you. Carnations are long lived.
I, too, of course, love roses and I prefer white flowers.
I don’t like all sorts of orchid much, because, for me, they seem to be gorgeous on the surface, but their shapes are peculiar and deformed and too gaudy.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #213 on: June 28, 2005, 07:25:39 PM »

I'll try to order a CD now from International Orders page.

Michael

« Reply #214 on: June 28, 2005, 07:39:50 PM »

I will no longer go see a movie with Mel Gibson or Tom Cruise. There public stand on certain issue I find offensive and ignorant. I cannout support their public endevors and hope that they will knock off their high horse eventually.

RE: Tom Cruise

1st marriage to Mimi Rodgers. Stated they couldn't have children. Yet after their divorce MR remarried and now has two children.

TC married Nicole Kidman and they couldn't have children (It was the woman's fault again) so they adopted 2.

Just before their 10th anniversary he surprise NK with a divorce. It seems that if you are married for 10+ in California the community property in more.

TC found a new girlfriend in Penelope Cruze which coincide with their opening of their film together. It bombed and I think after 6 months they went their separate ways.

And how does some who was so deeply religious that he considered becoming a monk and then join a sci-fi religion.

Then there were the stories how some of the younger male actors in the film Endless Love (which TC had a small role) got their roles in the film directed by Franco Zeferelli.

And then there is Mel Gibson who supports his father who is an Holocaust denialist among other things. This all came out around the time of The Passion of the Christ. At least he has no film roles  for the time being that I don't have to not go see.
Never stop dreaming.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #215 on: June 28, 2005, 07:47:18 PM »

Gee, Officer Krupke...maybe they're just misunderstood!

« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 07:47:33 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #216 on: June 28, 2005, 08:12:31 PM »

Re Tom Cruise: I think people should mind their own business when it comes to other people's personal business. It's only your business when it's your loved one who is affected.

When he goes on national television to announce his love, when he actively courts the media to cover his blossoming love affair and intention to marry, then HE has made it ALL OF OUR BUSINESS if we or any of us choose to let it be so.

Which also means we are free to believe or disbelieve anything and everything he has to say.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #217 on: June 28, 2005, 08:15:29 PM »

I believe I've just made the deal for the next Kritzerland release.  I'll know for sure in the next few days.  It's something I think everyone here will really enjoy.

Matt H.

« Reply #218 on: June 28, 2005, 08:18:43 PM »

I quite enjoyed EMPIRE tonight.

Oh, it's lousy as history of ancient Rome, and the plot has been made pure soap opera, but the production is magnificent with glorious high definition photography and Dolby Digital 5.1 sound booming all around. Quite a few very handsome and hunky male types, and there are some lovely virgins for the straight guys among us if you're interested in people watching.

Looking forward to the remaining installments in the coming weeks.

Matt H.

« Reply #219 on: June 28, 2005, 08:21:49 PM »

I believe I've just made the deal for the next Kritzerland release.  I'll know for sure in the next few days.  It's something I think everyone here will really enjoy.

The stereo CD soundtrack to LI'L ABNER perhaps?  :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #220 on: June 28, 2005, 09:02:40 PM »

Nope, no soundtracks quite yet.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #221 on: June 28, 2005, 09:03:07 PM »

Dear Hisaka, your order worked.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #222 on: June 28, 2005, 09:04:39 PM »

It's working this time and finally I've ordered a New Guy in Yown CD on Kritzerland.com. Thank you for your effort, dear BK. :D

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #223 on: June 28, 2005, 09:05:49 PM »

Dear Hisaka, your order worked.

Thanks, again!

Tomovoz

« Reply #224 on: June 28, 2005, 09:54:15 PM »

DR Jed:  Was that chicken you ate for dinner the one that gave you the flu?

DR TomovOZ:  A dig?  At moi?  Hah!  Ha-ha!
Australians are referred to as "diggers" at times. (usually only an army reference though).  lol. No offence Ron.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #225 on: June 28, 2005, 10:02:54 PM »

I am restless.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #226 on: June 28, 2005, 10:07:16 PM »

I'm with bk - restless.  We're trying to plan our "day trip" to London from Paris - I got the theatre tickets (Mary Poppins) and the train tickets, it's up to Eric to get us around.  He wants to go to Jamie Oliver's restaurant "15" but we can't find it on the map.  I have two requests, the theatre and Dress Circle, after that, I don't care .  It's going to be too too fun!  Hoo and ray!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #227 on: June 28, 2005, 10:08:58 PM »

Maybe I'll take a second and order my CD's on Kritzerland

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #228 on: June 28, 2005, 10:25:21 PM »

As someone whose life has been made better through taking antidepressants, I found Cruise's comments nauseating.  I am further repulsed by the idea that others out there, who are in need of help, will listen to him and follow his advice.  I was looking forward to seeing War of the Worlds; I'm not so sure that I want to see it now.

I am only repulsed by the idea that anyone would ever listen to the advice of Tom Cruise, Brooks Shields, or anyone else, other than the doctor treating them, as to what medications they should or shouldn't take for their physical, mental, or emotional well-being.

I have no problem telling Mr. Cruise or anyone else that I take Prozac on a daily basis, and I consider it the number one reason why I am still alive, sober, and, for the most part, well adjusted (don't say anything, Jed!).
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #229 on: June 28, 2005, 10:25:26 PM »

Tomovoz - got your order confirmation and see you were charged an extra 3.50 for shipping, which means you did something incorrectly.  Everything must be done from the International Shipping page, once you've added the International shipping rate to your cart you have to go BACK to the International page to click on the items you want.  If you do it the regular way, it's going to automatically add the 3.50.  Anyway, as soon as I straighten out the paypal account tomorrow in terms of my being able to withdraw money from it, we'll credit you back the 3.50.

Tomovoz

« Reply #230 on: June 28, 2005, 10:32:09 PM »

Thanks BK - I thought I had in fact done it properly.
Sometimes I am aware of my age!!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #231 on: June 28, 2005, 10:33:08 PM »

Quote from: DearReaderLaura on Today at 01:20:06pm
DR Sandra and I are just settling down to watch the Phantom of the Opera dvd we bought last month

Be afraid.  Be very afraid.

:P

Why not let some people make up their own mind about the movie?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #232 on: June 28, 2005, 11:18:05 PM »

Tomovoz - do you remember what you did when you ordered?  It helps me to know in terms of how to clarify.

Tomovoz

« Reply #233 on: June 28, 2005, 11:24:41 PM »

Didn't see and read the click international instruction first and then had to backtrack from the original basket.
The international order click was too far on the left of my screen to read at first. (I had my "favourites" list on the right).
I really should then have spent more time digesting the international instructions!!
Note: also Amex was not an option though the credit card symbol was on the earlier page.
James Thurber 1957

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #234 on: June 28, 2005, 11:29:41 PM »

I'm with bk - restless.  We're trying to plan our "day trip" to London from Paris - I got the theatre tickets (Mary Poppins) and the train tickets, it's up to Eric to get us around.  He wants to go to Jamie Oliver's restaurant "15" but we can't find it on the map.  I have two requests, the theatre and Dress Circle, after that, I don't care .  It's going to be too too fun!  Hoo and ray!

You do know that the waiting list for a reservation is at least three months long for "15", don't you?

Or does Eric just want to see it?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #235 on: June 28, 2005, 11:32:15 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up