Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: NOTES BY OSMOSIS  (Read 24012 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re:NOTES BY OSMOSIS
« Reply #180 on: June 28, 2005, 04:33:10 PM »

Re Tom Cruise: I think people should mind their own business when it comes to other people's personal business. It's only your business when it's your loved one who is affected.

:D

You're a peach, Laura.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #181 on: June 28, 2005, 04:51:17 PM »

Just another thought about "Mambo Kings" - I went with my pal Mark who had seen "Bombay Dreams" in NYC - and both agree that "Mambo Kings" was the Latin version of "Bombay Dreams" - without the water.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #182 on: June 28, 2005, 04:56:38 PM »

Well, since I have yet to have my dinner tonight, I guess I could talk about the dinner I had last night....

To "celebrate" my last Mamma Mia! I went ahead and finally went into the Ollie's Trolley a block from the theatre, and try an Ollie Burger for the first time in umpteen years.  I believe it was DR Rodzinksi who had tried one a couple of weeks ago.

I got the combo - burger, fries and a drink.  -All for under $6.00 too - not too bad.

It was a good meal.  The burger was a burger.  Nicely grilled, and seasoned with their "secret blend of 26 herbs & spices".  Or was it just 16 herbs and spices.  And it came on a nice bun with some of their "secret sauce", lettuce, tomato, pickles and onion.  The thin cut fries are also seasoned with the secret mixture - which appears to contain a lot of paprika - and they were very good.  I almost ordered a small to go.

;)

In any case... After years of walking by Ollie's on the way to either Ford's or the National Theatres - I usually park a block down from it - I can finally say I've had an Ollie Burger.

-Guess I need to try one with cheese now.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #183 on: June 28, 2005, 04:59:42 PM »

Just another thought about "Mambo Kings" - I went with my pal Mark who had seen "Bombay Dreams" in NYC - and both agree that "Mambo Kings" was the Latin version of "Bombay Dreams" - without the water.

;D

Well... I guess if the two teams met half-way, maybe they could come up with the oft-proposed "The Fabulous Baker Boys" musical.
Make Your Own Luck.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #184 on: June 28, 2005, 05:09:48 PM »

Time to fix dinner.  Pork loin chops, baby Yukons (steamed) and my famous zucchini fritters.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Danise

« Reply #185 on: June 28, 2005, 05:16:17 PM »

I didn’t get a chance to tell you guys about the dream I had last night.  I have these wild adventures most of the time but this time I dreamed a new game show.  

If it comes on TV remember, you read it here first.

It was called “Love or Money?”  It was six couples who had never met one another before the game.  Each couple searching for clues to a million dollars.  The catch being that once they find the million, they have to part company and never see one another again.  

The other trick part of the game was this:  They all took a compatibility test before they started the game and the person they are looking for the money with is the perfect person for each of them.  

I remember one couple just about had the money in their hands and realized that if they touched it, they had to say “Goodbye” to each other forever—they walked away from the money.  

Weird, huh?  I don’t know what put that in my mind.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #186 on: June 28, 2005, 05:17:05 PM »

Time to fix dinner.  Pork loin chops, baby Yukons (steamed) and my famous zucchini fritters.

We had pork chops and baked beans for dinner.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #187 on: June 28, 2005, 05:27:22 PM »

Hello DR Jed. Hope you are feeling better. Unlike some I didn't consider bird flu a possibility. Your not likely to be in the "Birdcage" like a few of us Hainsies.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Danise

« Reply #188 on: June 28, 2005, 05:28:15 PM »

I have dishes to wash.  Have a good evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Tomovoz

« Reply #189 on: June 28, 2005, 05:29:10 PM »

DP Colin is transferring "A Little Night Music" to DVD at the moment.  I guess that means it will be done professionally in the next month or so. Now there is a film that should have alternative "Cut" issued.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #190 on: June 28, 2005, 05:30:32 PM »

I'm surprised no one has posted photos of their gardens yet. I, for one, would love to see some!

Where is Hisaka and her beautiful roses?  

Jane

« Reply #191 on: June 28, 2005, 05:34:03 PM »

I'm still debating if I want to see it, because WOTW is the kind of movie that I would only want to see on a big screen.  TC is very quickly climbing higher on my "all-time don't-care-if-I-ever-see-or-hear-of-him-again list," too. :P

I told Keith not to read the blurbs on TC (and then kept telling him stuff)because he is really looking forward to the movie on the big screen.  

Don't forget the darling, talented little Dakota will also be in the film.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #192 on: June 28, 2005, 05:35:17 PM »

I think I'm having Jamba Juice for dinner

Jed

« Reply #193 on: June 28, 2005, 05:35:35 PM »

Hello DR Jed. Hope you are feeling better. Unlike some I didn't consider bird flu a possibility. Your not likely to be in the "Birdcage" like a few of us Hainsies.

Perhaps not, but there is that odd bird I spend my time with...

I am, indeed, feeling quite a bit better now.  I ended up staying home from work again today, but have been feeling pretty much my usual (or unusual) self for much of the afternoon.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Jed

« Reply #194 on: June 28, 2005, 05:38:41 PM »

I think dinner here shall include roasted chicken (store bought, I'll confess), mashed potatoes, and green salad with a goat cheese and sundried tomato dressing.  Perhaps a cherry cobbler for dessert, as well.
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: June 28, 2005, 05:43:34 PM »

Perhaps not, but there is that odd bird I spend my time with...

I am, indeed, feeling quite a bit better now.  I ended up staying home from work again today, but have been feeling pretty much my usual (or unusual) self for much of the afternoon.

What is this "work?"  I thought we were wishing you good interview vibes!  Are you pulling one over on us?  Are you misdirecting our vibes for some other purpose?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #196 on: June 28, 2005, 05:51:44 PM »

Where's DRCharlesPogue been lately?

I was about to ask the same question.

Jane

« Reply #197 on: June 28, 2005, 05:58:40 PM »

Reading the entire interview with Cruise and Lauer I find it very interesting.  IMHO Lauer did a great job.  What is missing is tone, and without TC’s arrogant tone (was it there?) his comments aren’t as bad as I believed them to be.  His thoughts on these drugs have some merit.  I have known people who where harmed by them.  I have known people who where harmed by therapy.  I also know people who have greatly benefited by both.  

It is nice the public supported Brooke Shields.  I can’t imagine suffering as she did during a time that should have been a joyous occasion.  I do wish TC had been questioned about the consequences of not treating her problem and the risks to the baby.   He never offered better alternatives than vitamins-very strange.

Tomovoz

« Reply #198 on: June 28, 2005, 06:06:17 PM »

BK did write that CP was on assignment.
DR Jed is assessing grade school papers.
Does this mean I'm not the only one who skims through posts?
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #199 on: June 28, 2005, 06:17:14 PM »

Good vibes to Dan Proctor.  

This morning I went to our Tuesday Growers Market and picked up some spectacular Sunflowers.

A long time (Jr. High) close friend and her husband are currently driving from LA to us, taking the coastal route.  They are arriving on Thursday.  I have tons of work, errands and cooking to do before they arrive so I won’t be around much until then.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: June 28, 2005, 06:21:12 PM »

Pogue is without Internet access, so he's not even skimming.

I'm back from Teddy, and beautifully kempt.  I'm going back on Saturday to get a little "summer" put in my hair.  Today I was regaled with stories of Miss Raquel Welch, whose hair Teddy has done for years.  Maybe I'll see if she'd like to sing on an album.

Jennifer

« Reply #201 on: June 28, 2005, 06:21:22 PM »

DR George, re: Nicole Kidman being pregnant.  Her two kids are adopted.  But I believe she was pregnant when Cruise filed for divorce, but lost the baby.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #202 on: June 28, 2005, 06:24:51 PM »

Oh, and you International types who either tried to order and couldn't, or were going to order when we were able to process the International orders - now is as good a time as any.

Jennifer

« Reply #203 on: June 28, 2005, 06:25:11 PM »

I don't think that I am the target audience for the Tom Cruise PR, cause War of the Worlds is not really my kind of movie.

Also, DR Danise, there actually was a reality tv show called For Love or Money. And it had some of the elements of yours (maybe you read about it?).  It had one contestant and then a group of the opposite sex.  The contestant had to deceive the group, then at the end they both had the choice to be together or leave for $1Million (or something like that).

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: June 28, 2005, 06:26:37 PM »

I'm going to finish watching the DVD of Lifeguard.  It's been a fairly non-stop day.  Tomorrow looks equally as nutty, with a two hour meeting re the LACC show in the morning, and then the person who will be doing the Kritzerland shipping coming over and organizing everything, so that all is in readiment for the big day.  I'm setting up a big table in the garage for him to work on, so I'll be able to keep all this stuff out of the home environment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #205 on: June 28, 2005, 06:28:43 PM »

DR George, re: Nicole Kidman being pregnant.  Her two kids are adopted.  But I believe she was pregnant when Cruise filed for divorce, but lost the baby.

Ooo...I didn't hear about that. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Tomovoz

« Reply #206 on: June 28, 2005, 06:32:03 PM »

Oh, and you International types who either tried to order and couldn't, or were going to order when we were able to process the International orders - now is as good a time as any.
Laters BK
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #207 on: June 28, 2005, 06:48:03 PM »

Has the PayPal feature been fixed/activated?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #208 on: June 28, 2005, 06:51:02 PM »

BK:  I started a thread called "Noisemongering" over at the FSM Messageboard.

It's been interesting.  I defined my term and waited.  Our mutual "friend" has been relentlessly bullying, but I've been relentlessly obstinate in my refusals, in trying to get me to name names of someone I think is a hack.  I've actually done it in later posts, responding to other writers, but he's dissatisfied that I won't answer him.

If you have any feelings about the lack of quality coming out of some of our so-called film composers, you "might" find something worth commenting upon.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2005, 06:51:43 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #209 on: June 28, 2005, 06:53:42 PM »

DR Jed:  Was that chicken you ate for dinner the one that gave you the flu?

DR TomovOZ:  A dig?  At moi?  Hah!  Ha-ha!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up