Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: NOBODY HERE BUT US CHICKENS  (Read 27351 times)

Jennifer

Re:NOBODY HERE BUT US CHICKENS
« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2003, 12:43:17 PM »

DR Emily just wrote:
I just received a $5 gift certificate from amazon.ca in my e-mail inbox!

Yippee!

Yep me too. We must both be on their suckers list. Because you know full well that we will both buy $39Cdn worth of stuff to get our free shipping :)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 12:44:34 PM by Jennifer »

Tomovoz

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2003, 12:43:42 PM »

Guess?
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: November 12, 2003, 12:45:27 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jennifer

« Reply #93 on: November 12, 2003, 12:52:09 PM »

DR Jane wrote:
Is there a way to remove the Boo option?  I can’t imagine anyone intentionally clicking on the button.

Yes I wish this too. Or at least make them further apart. They are so close to together, that sometimes I feel like I might click on the wrong one by mistake. That is why I always check to make sure the karma goes up.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 01:02:41 PM by Jennifer »

Maya

• I've always wanted to see the lights of Broadway..
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #94 on: November 12, 2003, 12:52:37 PM »

Out of Western Civ class!  Whew...was that ever boring.

Jennifer--I always try and read everything that everyone writes, but now and again I don't catch everything so I must have missed Emily's Bennifer comments.  However, it just goes to show that great minds think alike, right?  ;)  

Emily--what an adorable story!  I would love to read Shakespeare in French, though I'm afraid I wouldn't get very far.  I wonder though...do they translate the Shakespearean English into the rough French equivalent, say 16th century French language, or do they translate it into modern French?  

Jrand--LOL!  I mean....huh...I have no idea what you meant by that perfectly non-risqué anecdote!

Craig--Thank you!  And a g'day to ye too!  ;D

TCB's funny comment made me think of a question...

What is the most boring play or musical you have EVER sat (or slept) through??

Tomovoz

« Reply #95 on: November 12, 2003, 12:53:28 PM »

I did not know him in those days. I was too busy changing partners. Oh! A Patti Page reference.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: November 12, 2003, 12:54:54 PM »

Mr. Oz:  Please continue to ask me questions that require only one-word answers.  That next star is nearly in sight.
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #97 on: November 12, 2003, 12:55:25 PM »

Most boring musicals: "High Society: and "Blood Brothers" - both professional productions.
James Thurber 1957

Craig

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: November 12, 2003, 12:55:59 PM »

Well I am off to begin my fun evening. First I shall be dining with Ms. Kerry Butler and our friend Michelle Pirret (for whom Bruce Kimmel wrote liner notes for not too too long ago). After an early dinner, I shall be heading over to see TABOO.

Ciao (and CHOW) for now...

Tomovoz

« Reply #99 on: November 12, 2003, 12:56:27 PM »

You can see that far at your age?
James Thurber 1957

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: November 12, 2003, 12:56:41 PM »

Jane:  Probably not.  But when your surgeon retired and then apparently died a few years later, there isn't much you can do about malpractice now.

I don't know, might just depend on how much time has elapsed.  The malpractice insurance could take a few years to expire.   No matter why, really sorry and do hope you can get it corrected soon.  :( I hope it is less complicated to simply turn it back into place?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: November 12, 2003, 01:08:34 PM »

Jane:  Probably not.  But when your surgeon retired and then apparently died a few years later, there isn't much you can do about malpractice now.

I don't know, might just depend on how much time has elapsed.  The malpractice insurance could take a few years to expire.   No matter why, really sorry and do hope you can get it corrected soon.  :( I hope it is less complicated to simply turn it back into place?

Thank you, Jane, but I have already seen a surgeon and he assures me that the hip will have to be completely replaced, again, and that this surgery will be far more invasive than the first surgery. :'(
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #102 on: November 12, 2003, 01:12:47 PM »

TCB:I assume riding a camel in Egypt is thus out of the question for the moment. Is my other suggestion a possibilty? Maybe you will just have to dress like Maggie Smith or Bette Davis and sail down the Nile in style.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 01:14:47 PM by Tom from OZ »
James Thurber 1957

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: November 12, 2003, 01:16:17 PM »

TCB:I assume riding a camel in Egypt is thus out of the question for the moment. Is my other suggestion a possibilty? Maybe you will just have to dress like Maggie Smith or Bette Davis and sail down the nile in style.

Please, it was Angela!

Would that be one hump or two?
“One thing’s universal,

Tomovoz

« Reply #104 on: November 12, 2003, 01:19:43 PM »

Can you cope with two?
James Thurber 1957

Jane

« Reply #105 on: November 12, 2003, 01:20:45 PM »

TCB I had feared that but hoped for the best.  I know a dear woman of Japanese decent who has had multiple hip surgeries.  They were not easy.  As a child her hip was injured when her father backed up in the driveway and didn’t see her.  The family was too poor to provide her with the medical care and surgery she needed to fix her hip.  A childless Caucasian couple took her in and was providing the necessary medical care she needed.  Just before she was to have surgery the young girl was taken away from her “new parents” and sent to an internment camp with her family.  This of course was during WW11.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: November 12, 2003, 01:23:24 PM »

Strangest job outside of the show business was my one day employment selling Bibles.

LC

• .o0o.
« Reply #107 on: November 12, 2003, 01:23:53 PM »

Jane, you are lucky to have a son in Eastern Europe whom you can visit and pester!  That's what my relatives think about me in New York, anyway. :)  I agree with your son, you must see Prague.  It is a beautiful city.

I had stubborn teeth that wouldn't fall out naturally, so almost all of them had to be pulled.  At least the tooth fairy compensated me handsomely.

I can't think of any strange jobs I've had, they have all been boringly normal.  One of my friends used to inseminate turkeys on a farm, though, and that is the weirdest thing I've ever heard of.  (with a baster, not personally, lol.)  Can I count that?
If you pursue your star, you cannot fail to reach a glorious harbor.  - Dante, Inferno XV

Tomovoz

« Reply #108 on: November 12, 2003, 01:24:31 PM »

TCB: I am still trying to help you with questions that need one line answers. Do you need more? Maybe unloading some of that karma will relieve your back. (NO I would not do that). Have you really the strength to carry another star as well?
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #109 on: November 12, 2003, 01:25:04 PM »

DR Maya - it's an alternative to "break a leg" on opening night!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Emily

« Reply #110 on: November 12, 2003, 01:28:21 PM »

BK - what was your Biblical sales pitch? :)

Maya - the French was relatively modern, although because the translator tried to keep the same rhyming pattern as the original English version there were occassional weird obscure words thrown in.  It was a long time ago, but I think it also stuck with iambic pentameter.

All I can remember is:

"Ah, chère Hermia
un innocent propos
l'amour, quand l'amour parle,
entend plus qu'une mot"

which is when Lysander tries to sleep with Hermia in the forest :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: November 12, 2003, 01:29:34 PM »

What place that I haven't been would I most like to visit?

I've always really wanted to go to Hawaii. And Venice.

Btw, here are the choices for Karmy's name:

Cammy
Kim-lette
giblet
biklet
karma kameleon
kim
karmutt
treble clef
bru-bru
kimshe

I think the first 3 got the most votes so far.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: November 12, 2003, 01:30:06 PM »

All of the power has been out, on my end of the building, since 11:00 a.m.  Fortunately, the computers are on a separate squirrel circuit.

I had a cute cartoon to send about computers at work being down, but I didn't know if it would work as an attachment.

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: November 12, 2003, 01:34:22 PM »

I don't know if this will work, but I can always erase it if it doesn't.
“One thing’s universal,

Emily

« Reply #114 on: November 12, 2003, 01:34:45 PM »

My strangest job so far was also my best job!

When I worked as an administrative assistant at Gilda's Club here in Montreal - a non profit support community for men, women and children living with cancer named for comedienne Gilda Radner - the organization wasn't doing very well in terms of membership.  The program staff was having a hard time keeping volunteers to run fun workshops and classes during the day because people simply weren't showing up for them.  

So for my first summer of employment, I was asked to, on top of my typical office jobs, attend at least one of these classes a day to "make them look full".  

I took (and these are just the ones I remember)

candle making, creative writing, belly dancing, gourmet cooking, "Laugh for No Reason", crocheting/knitting, cake decorating, aerobics and yoga with no less than 4 different teachers

I also got to attend dozens of interesting seminars/lectures on cancer and health care.

And for this I earned $7/hr!
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Tomovoz

« Reply #115 on: November 12, 2003, 01:38:52 PM »

Thanks TCB. That is Colin's entire knowledge of Computer technology.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #116 on: November 12, 2003, 01:42:16 PM »

The closest we have been to Colin posting. He stood next to the compter and smiled. Of course it may have been at the photo next to the cartoon.
James Thurber 1957

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #117 on: November 12, 2003, 01:59:41 PM »

U guyz!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #118 on: November 12, 2003, 02:07:02 PM »

For the most boring show I ever saw, I must make it a two part answer.

As a kid (teen-ager), I was most royally bored at I HAD A BALL. Buddy Hackett was never a favorite of mine, and while I do remember being impressed with the power of Karen Morrow's voice, I hated that score.

As an adult, I'd have to say the show that bored me the most was MISS SAIGON. Might have made a charming chamber musical but that gargantuan production at the Broadway Theatre had me nodding off more than once. Again, the score did nothing for me (and I LOVED LES MISERABLES.)

I saw HIGH SOCIETY on Broadway, and it was a very polished production and everyone in it did their best. Still, all I kept thinking during the performance was that it didn't need to be on Broadway; that a community theater could do a most credible job with THAT material. So I wasn't bored, just massively disappointed.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Jane

« Reply #119 on: November 12, 2003, 02:07:33 PM »

Jane, you are lucky to have a son in Eastern Europe whom you can visit and pester!  That's what my relatives think about me in New York, anyway. :)  I agree with your son, you must see Prague.  It is a beautiful city.

I had stubborn teeth that wouldn't fall out naturally, so almost all of them had to be pulled.  At least the tooth fairy compensated me handsomely.

:) I’m relieved it was your baby teeth.   I was afraid to ask.   ;D

Where do your relatives visit from?
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9   Go Up