Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING MY OATS  (Read 18762 times)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
Re:FEELING MY OATS
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2005, 09:02:13 PM »

Hmm...

It really is a sad state of affairs when the best thing on TV is "Dancing With the Stars"... At least I can catch up on last week's episode at 8:00, before the new one at 9:00...

:-\
Bullhockey!

Alton Brown had a new ep of Good Eats on tonight.  It was all about how to make beef jerkey!

He got W to dress up in a "Jeannie" costume, a la I Dream Of Jeannie.  She blinked!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2005, 09:02:52 PM »

Sorry, I don't know how to do that harem hula from the IDOJ credits.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #182 on: June 29, 2005, 09:06:13 PM »

Why we lock our doors here in Florida.
Just out to borrow a cuppa sugar, right?

:o

Tomovoz

« Reply #183 on: June 29, 2005, 09:07:20 PM »

"Dancing with the stars" rated very well indeed here in Oz. We've also had another competitive dance show on TV here.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #184 on: June 29, 2005, 09:12:21 PM »

I must get to bed.  Tomorrow is another work day.

Good news, they keep upping my hours!  Saturday I've got an eight hour day, a move up from the six I was scheduled to have.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #185 on: June 29, 2005, 09:12:52 PM »

Vibes for OzDerek

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~[/move]

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #186 on: June 29, 2005, 09:22:32 PM »

DR Jane, the police van is manned by a civilian company that issues the tickets and shares the profits with the City. We called the police right away and left a voice mail, and about three hours later we got a call from the civilian company. They informed us that it is their right to park in the right-of-way. However, the City requires that we landscape the right-of-way. I guess we'll just have to see what happens.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #187 on: June 29, 2005, 09:28:34 PM »

DR SWoody: I thought about you yesterday while I was at the produce store. We had a young clerk on what had to have been his first day on the job. I'm not sure that he had actually ever eaten a vegetable, since I had to identify some of them for him (he didn't know iceberg lettuce from romaine). It's good that he had me for a customer, as I am very patient with young people who are learning their jobs.
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #188 on: June 29, 2005, 09:47:04 PM »

Next thing you know, some cable channel will be rerunning the Arthur Murray Dance Party. (Some of us ARE old enough to remember that program!)

Ah, yes...I grew up hearing the legends from those who had actually witnessed the Murrays on TV.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #189 on: June 29, 2005, 09:59:09 PM »

Our tickets for the Eurostar came today, and they're for the WRONG direction - they booked us from London to Paris instead of Paris to London (and back) - I left a message and and email for the travel agency we went through - these are supposidly non-refundable, non-exchangable - but we'll just see about that, won't we???

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #190 on: June 29, 2005, 10:19:11 PM »

Couldn't let you go a day without an order. I just pre-ordered New Guy in Town.

I get paid tomorrow!!  I'll be able to order both CDs then!  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #191 on: June 29, 2005, 10:35:34 PM »

Thanks for the link DR Jane. I see Medford is finally getting some culture...and big names too! Ben 'Vereen, Carol Channing...!

Here's a Ben Vereen story  (I hope that this doesn't offend anyone!! ;) ):  here in Olympia, there is the Washington Center for the Performing Arts (I usher there quite often).  The first major performer to perform at the center after it opened was Ben Vereen.  After the show, my friend Sally was one of the people to help clean up the green room.  She told me that she went into the "star's dressing room" and in the toilet was a turd!  Yes, that's what I said...it is her word!  Sally (my friend) is absolutely convinced that it was left by none other than Mr. Ben Vereen!

That's my Ben Vereen story. ;D
« Last Edit: June 29, 2005, 10:41:51 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #192 on: June 29, 2005, 11:11:18 PM »

And on that note (Q diminished), good night all. :) I want to get to work early.  I have my annual evaluation in the afternoon and I must be bright eyed and bushy tailed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: June 29, 2005, 11:17:56 PM »

I am annoyed right now.  My throat, which felt almost all better this morning, is now really sore again.  I think it must be the endless hacking cough, but I'm concerned that like with some bugs that it might all come back again.  THAT I do not need.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #194 on: June 29, 2005, 11:44:13 PM »

Whew!  I almost missed a day at HHW!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #195 on: June 29, 2005, 11:47:04 PM »

Well, I must say, why is it that some requests seem to be simply beyond the ability of comprehension of those who are responsible for it?

Why is it impossible to have a swinging kitchen door on the set?  Why does it not work?  Why do I have to deal with this?  Why am I taking it off its hinges at eleven o'clock at night and trying to fix it?

I don't think I am going to have a door on my set.

I don't want to direct this play anymore.  It has suddenly become a play about a door.

This is terrible.

BUT the posts today were lovely.  AND I got a nice package from DR MBARNUM today....including one of my new favorite movies MANSION OF THE GHOST CAT....and a movie starring Mr Ray Chiao!

Thanks!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up