Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: NOBODY HERE BUT US CHICKENS  (Read 26786 times)

Laura II

Re:NOBODY HERE BUT US CHICKENS
« Reply #240 on: November 12, 2003, 09:38:25 PM »

Thank you, Jane, Maya, and everyone, for your kind words. You are such sweet people, and I'm so glad I can turn to you and share things, whether they be happy or sad. HHW is a wonderful place to be.
"I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #241 on: November 12, 2003, 09:39:27 PM »

Goodnight all.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #242 on: November 12, 2003, 10:01:33 PM »

Goodnight?  This party is just beginning!

Tomovoz

« Reply #243 on: November 12, 2003, 10:03:34 PM »

Hello Washington.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #244 on: November 12, 2003, 10:16:03 PM »

Hello Tom  (speaking on behalf of Washington)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 10:16:41 PM by Ann »

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #245 on: November 12, 2003, 10:21:35 PM »

Let me just say, on behalf of Robert Morse's time in "Wicked", that his rendition of "Wonderful" here in San Francisco was phenomenal compared to what I saw of Joel Grey's performance of same song on the Broadway.com clip. Morse brings out the melody in rounded tones.  Grey seems to be having trouble with it.

But maybe I'll wait until I hear the already-ordered cast album before making my mind up.

Speaking of which:

amazon.ca -- I couldn't for the life of me figure out what the heck Amazon was doing with a California-only website.

Oh, Canada, though.  Oh, Canada!
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 10:23:15 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jed

« Reply #246 on: November 12, 2003, 10:22:20 PM »

Another Washington hello!

Maya - I knew I could count on you for a truly fantabulous celebration dance!  Many flirty thanks. :D

MDS - I agree, A Quiet Thing is certainly my favorite Kander & Ebb song.  One of our NW vocal jazz gurus, Dave Barduhn, did a truly sumptuous a capella arrangement of it.  One of my favorite charts I've sung in all my years of vocal jazz.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 10:24:22 PM by Jed »
I sat beside the class clown... and I studied him

Tomovoz

« Reply #247 on: November 12, 2003, 10:24:10 PM »

Now that's what I call "in depth" posting. Will anyone be able to keep up with the standard we are setting? Hope you are feeling better Ann. Are there any more tests on the horizon? And now for the sparkle and wit of DR Jed.......
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jed

« Reply #248 on: November 12, 2003, 10:26:03 PM »

Sparkle and wit, eh Tom?  Hmm... well, I know I can do warkle and spit, but I'll see what I can do on your request.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #249 on: November 12, 2003, 10:27:04 PM »

There may be no shattered record today, but it is now the third MOST-productive posting day under the new format.

And the race toward whatever continues apace.....

Jed

« Reply #250 on: November 12, 2003, 10:36:04 PM »

Well, I have an early morning tomorrow, so I must be getting myself to bed.

I shall be errant and truant for the next few days, as I shall be out of town and away from my computer.  Tomorrow night I shall be attending a dedication ceremony in which a university theater shall be named after my very own grandfather, so that's good.  And later on this weekend I shall be seeing She Loves Me with our very own DR Ann!

I trust I will have a tremendous amount of catching up to do when I return!  See all y'all Sunday or Monday!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #251 on: November 12, 2003, 10:36:52 PM »

I sang that Barduhn arrangment of Quiet Thing with Jed...a truly wonderful chart, I agree

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #252 on: November 12, 2003, 10:42:28 PM »

Goodnight, rest of the world!

on behalf of Ann, Jed, the absent Geroge, and myself.

New improved photo (thanks to MattH.), same ugly face, but much better picture.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #253 on: November 12, 2003, 10:44:06 PM »

I've been away for a few minutes. Thank you for the warkle and spit. It was dog feeding time and I had to check the Greyhounds. Good night Washington.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 10:45:21 PM by Tom from OZ »
James Thurber 1957

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #254 on: November 12, 2003, 10:48:47 PM »

How nice to have a night with no stress to speak of.  
No tests for a while now...a few papers to worry about, but not tonight.  And my boss is taking the kids to the doctor tomorrow so hopefully we'll find out why they've been sick for so long.  Although I have a clue...I caught her throwing out a few bottles of anitbiotics that she'd neglected to FINISH giving to her five year old, thinking "he doesn't need them anymore"  Doesn't she understand that when you don't finish a run of antibiotics, it screws everything up?
Off to bed now...'night all

TCB - I like the picture!  Hopefully I'll take a better one of DR Jed this weekend with my digital so we can post a better one of him...and if I'm having a good hair day, we might get a new one of me!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: November 12, 2003, 10:51:19 PM »

Still hacking away here in Studio City.  The evening is young, which is more than I can say.  Let's post until midnight at which time the cows will be home and we can take a break and/or post to the new notes.

Jason

« Reply #256 on: November 12, 2003, 10:57:28 PM »

Good eve, all. I'm finally home for the evening. Work was a little better post-lunch as I didn't have to see the Dragon Lady anymore and I had my headphones on for the rest of the afternoon, and for some reason (probably because I was tired), it seemed to take Mimi YEARS to die at the opera. Oh, well...I got enough in tips to pay for lunch tomorrow. Yay me.

And I got checked out by two--count 'em TWO--very attractive people tonight on the subway. I was quite surprised and flattered. :) And I turn 27 in six days.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #257 on: November 12, 2003, 11:00:44 PM »

Jason:  Refresh my memory, please.  This photo of Wonder Woman...is that you in a Halloween costume or is it someone you saw on the street and took a picture of?

Jason

« Reply #258 on: November 12, 2003, 11:04:42 PM »

That is absolutely NOT me!! A friend of mine forwarded that photo to me a few weeks back and it makes me laugh so much that I put it in my profile.

Shows that I nearly slept through: BIG, BOUNCE, URBAN COWBOY and I AM MY OWN WIFE.  I also slept through FIDDLER ON THE ROOF with Topol and CAMELOT with Richard Harris...of course, I was only 7 then and I could kick myself for it now.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #259 on: November 12, 2003, 11:07:14 PM »

Jason, I gave you some karma for being such a good sport.

Jason

« Reply #260 on: November 12, 2003, 11:08:20 PM »

Danke schoen. :)

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #261 on: November 12, 2003, 11:08:41 PM »

By the way, Jason...check out Broadway.com....there's a video there for "Wicked" -- some opening night videos mixed with clips from the show.

The URL is posted elsewhere in today's posts, but it should be easy enough to find at Broadway.com.  Just check out the menu bar under "Multimedia".  It's quite a nice piece.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2003, 11:17:42 PM by Ron Pulliam »

Jason

« Reply #262 on: November 12, 2003, 11:12:17 PM »

According to Netflix, I should be receiving MURDER BY DEATH in the mail tomorrow. Yay me!

Ron: Thanks for the WICKED info. I cannot wait for the CD to be released. I want to see the show again very soon because I did love it so.

By the by...the DVD of Hugh Jackman in OKLAHOMA! is now available at the Tower Records at Lincoln Center. According to Netflix it isn't supposed to be released until the 18th, but there it was! I didn't get it, but I will eventually. And wasn't the cast recording of BOY FROM OZ due out yesterday? I didn't find it anywhere...

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #263 on: November 12, 2003, 11:19:04 PM »

It's due out any day now.  

The "Wicked" cast recorded their album yesterday (Nov. 11th). The CD is due out Dec. 16th.  Amazon.com has pre-order price of $13.99.

Tomovoz

« Reply #264 on: November 12, 2003, 11:26:13 PM »

The "Oklahoma" is totally LIFELESS. Don't bother. Hugh Jackman can not save it. I could not watch it through.
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #265 on: November 12, 2003, 11:59:27 PM »

Well, I'm still here (a Sondheim reference), but not for long...and, actually, I haven't been here this evening for too long.

Anyway, today I received the two albums that I won on eBay:  Philemon by Schmidt & Jones and the London cast of  Where's Charlie by Frank Loesser ... and dagnabbit, I already have that on CD.  I hate it when I do that.  So, I'll try to listen to Philemon this weekend.  I'm going up to Seattle on Saturday, so that's out.  Maybe Friday night or Sunday.  We'll see.  'Night all.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up