Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: TODAY IS THE DAY  (Read 20081 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:TODAY IS THE DAY
« Reply #150 on: July 15, 2005, 08:30:21 PM »

OK, eyes getting heavy, and that means time for some serious sleeping. I have some errands to run in the morning, but I should be on later.

Good night, all.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: July 15, 2005, 09:15:04 PM »

Maybe I'll drive by Bookstar later and see how many people are in line.

I listened to the Haines CD and it sounds very good indeed - I hadn't listened to it for over three weeks, just so I'd come to it with fresh ears.  So far, there's nothing that bugs me, except for one track that's just a bit louder than the others - we decided it was okay because you can't really tell that much unless you're listening at ear-shattering levels like I do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #152 on: July 15, 2005, 09:17:10 PM »

Oh, and my hunt for our third actor for the reading of my play is over.  The actor I'd run into at the Bowl, and whom I thought would be right for this, read it today, loved it and his role, and has said yes to the reading.  I'll reveal who it is in the notes, but for those who like to guess such things, he was a leading player in a Broadway musical of a few years ago, and is now, I believe, on a TV series.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #153 on: July 15, 2005, 10:09:08 PM »

Just making a quick appearance. My sister is getting married tomorrow so I am back home for that.  Our internet at camp has been out all week.

I had a rough week at camp. My group was all 8th graders and six of them were from the same school and would not listen at all. The other four were pretty good for the most part and several of them even asked about applying to become junior staffers in a few years so the week wasn't a total bust for them. I was worried the 6 would ruin it for the other four. They all seemed happ even though we had to sit them down about once a day and tear into them about their behavior.

Glad to hear the Kritzerland releases are heading out, and that everyone is keeping busy. Off to do laundry!
There is no music without silence, only noise...

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #154 on: July 15, 2005, 10:10:41 PM »

And glad to hear you found your final actor BK! ;D

MBarnum

« Reply #155 on: July 15, 2005, 10:17:30 PM »

Very easy to see why MRS. O'MALLEY AND MR, MALONE didn't make it as a mystery series. Marjorie Main and James Whitmore just weren't very compatible, and I really did not like Whitmore's Malone character at all.

Not great mystery writing either, and with the murders happening on a train, it could have been much more suspenseful; even for a mystery-comedy, it could have used some tension.

I agree with you DR MattH...with that cast I expected much better...I couldn't even finish it.

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #156 on: July 15, 2005, 10:50:07 PM »

Just booked my flight to New York. I will be arriving at 9:34 AM on August 8th and leaving at 2:35 PM on August 12. I thought about how long I wanted to stay and decided to make it a little bit shorter than I had originally planned. I am very excited that Broadway in Byant Park is on the 11th!
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 11:15:23 PM by Joey »

Joey

• Always and forever.
    • My Website
« Reply #157 on: July 15, 2005, 11:26:56 PM »

Unfortunately I am not going to be able to attend an fringe festival shows though. Wish I had thought of tha before I booked.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2005, 11:36:20 PM by Joey »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #158 on: July 15, 2005, 11:35:07 PM »

I just spent a half-hour writing the fershluganah trivia question.  It's quite endless and has given me a headache.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #159 on: July 15, 2005, 11:43:36 PM »

Sorry I haven't been around much this week.  The artificial hip seems to be getting closer to finally giving up the ghost.  The pain has been pretty bad this whole week.  So, I am back on the Vicadin, again.

Two performances of 42nd STREET tomorrow, and a matinee on Sunday.  Oh joy!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Tomovoz

« Reply #160 on: July 15, 2005, 11:49:56 PM »

The warmest of hip hop thoughts to you DR TCB.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: July 15, 2005, 11:51:39 PM »

Oh, and my hunt for our third actor for the reading of my play is over.  The actor I'd run into at the Bowl, and whom I thought would be right for this, read it today, loved it and his role, and has said yes to the reading.  I'll reveal who it is in the notes, but for those who like to guess such things, he was a leading player in a Broadway musical of a few years ago, and is now, I believe, on a TV series.

Totally sounds like Treat Williams to me!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up