Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: FIDGETY  (Read 16938 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:FIDGETY
« Reply #90 on: July 23, 2005, 03:28:43 PM »

DRMBarnum sends his regards to one and all.  He is currently without computer; it's in for some installation gizmos regarding burning DVDs, and I know not what is involved.  I do know that he is planning to watch CAROUSEL tonight in prep for seeing Miss Shirley Jones in LA.  I told him OKLAHOMA! was a better movie, but CAROUSEL was all his library had.

DRWilliamFOrr also sends regards and hopes to be back among us shortly.

I feel like Rona Barrett in Hollywood.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: July 23, 2005, 03:29:35 PM »

Read-through went better today.  I still don't like readings, but we'll mush on and just do it on Monday night.  We're going to be in a real rehearsal hall tomorrow, which will help things, and we'll do a bit of blocking just so we can have some energy.

Danise

« Reply #92 on: July 23, 2005, 03:32:01 PM »

I hope he rests well.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #93 on: July 23, 2005, 03:35:51 PM »

I know I'm a step behind I wanted to say how horrible I felt about the new bombings in London.

Also I was so sorry to hear that James Doohan passed away.  I've heard many stories about him at the Sci Fi Cons.  He will be missed.  And he has a five year old daughter!  Wow!  I'm impressed.  
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: July 23, 2005, 03:41:35 PM »

Good evening, all!  It's very hot and humid here, too.  We just returned from a "family date," on which DH, DS, and I went to see March of the Penguins, to eat at City Barbecue and Graeter's (ice cream), and to shop for a new coffee maker.  I discovered my old one dead this morning; maybe that's why I feel so groggy - not enough caffeine.

When I had braces put on my teeth my sophomore year in high school, I dropped a lot of weight, which I managed to keep off until my late-in-life pregnancy.  Now, I spend a lot of time driving (long commute to work) and have no time for an exercise routine.  I stayed my trimmest when walking was my primary mode of transportation - maybe, DR Jose, I should move to NYC!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: July 23, 2005, 03:44:26 PM »

DRGINNY I liked the picture of the bird yesterday.  Yellow parakeet Abby and I always enjoy it when there are aviary publicity pictures.

DR JRand, that parakeet photo was from a budgie website, but looks exactly like Horus, the Egyptian Falcon God.

Welcome to new DR FJL!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #96 on: July 23, 2005, 04:46:55 PM »

5:00 in the afternoon and I'm the only one in the jernt?

QUELL, baby, QUELL!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #97 on: July 23, 2005, 04:58:17 PM »

Another Saturday night and I ain't got nobody.
I got some money 'cos I just got paid.
Now how I wish I had someone to talk to.
I'm in an awful way.

Nope they don't write songs like they used to.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #98 on: July 23, 2005, 04:58:54 PM »

Maybe we should list our favorite "Saturday" songs we haven't done that in a long time.

I will start:

Come Saturday Morning....  hehehehehe

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #99 on: July 23, 2005, 05:03:22 PM »

Welcome to FJL!

Jose, sorry I didn't see your request sooner. I have just logged in for the first time today.

Anthony is nursing a sore ankle (a left-over from the Forum production in Virginia) so I've been taking care of him. I also went to a mediocre production of The Real Inspector Hound this afternoon. A friend was in it and I always go to see shows in which my friends make appearances.

Perhaps next weekend we can get together. This evening, in honor of the heat breaking in New York (although it's due back on Monday) we had baked potatoes for dinner. We topped them with baby carrots, baby spinach, cucumbers and cherry tomatoes. And cranberry apple iced tea. Very good!

Jose, I didn't even think to stay and get Miss Somers autograph. You and Jason are lucky boys. I guess I need to sing If I Only Had a Brain to help me remember those important things  ;D I can't look at a chenille throw in quite the same way again after watching Miss Somers re-enact the birth of her son on that barcolounger. In fact, I don't think I can ever sit in a barcolounger again!!! Feather boas, too, will have a different meaning thanks to Miss Somers. Am I being catty enough??? I watched New York One this morning for On Stage. It's a local half hour program on the New York theatre scene. Roma Torre had a review of Miss Somers show. It was quite funny and actually very on the mark. But enough of Miss Somers. Let the dead rest in peace.

I'm having dinner tomorrow with a friend from Missouri/Minnesota/DC. She grew up in Saint Louis, went to University in Minnesota and now lives in DC. She has a meeting here in NY Monday morning so we shall sup before.

That's it from Chelsea. Jose hope you got to have dinner w/TPunk and the Rod man.

Later, gaters.

Tomovoz

« Reply #100 on: July 23, 2005, 05:20:32 PM »

Saturday in The Park - Chicago
Saturday Sunshine - Bacharach

For me it's

Sunday Morning Coming Down
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #101 on: July 23, 2005, 05:22:48 PM »

DR's in New York - I am quite pleased to say I had not heard of Ms Somers before her mention on these pages. Good to know we don't adopt all your "culture".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

FJL

« Reply #102 on: July 23, 2005, 05:54:09 PM »

Tomozov, since I'm sure my original guess was wrong, I figure it's OK to say that when I did my first google search for the trivia, yes, RA's name was in the text of the first google entry.  Still can't find a site where they list casts of tryouts, but heck, I've got nothing to do until Monday at midnight!  :)  

To those who asked, I'm a non-practicing tax attorney, semi-practicing CPA, and a hoping-against-hope writer in Manhattan with two adorable dogs.  I've been lurking for about a week and felt it was time to jump in.  Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Tomovoz

« Reply #103 on: July 23, 2005, 06:00:13 PM »

I don't have the resources of some DRs to research the trivia but at least I guessed the Google reference!
Adorable dogs will win you friends here. A very dog and cat friendly site.
James Thurber 1957

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #104 on: July 23, 2005, 06:48:49 PM »

...I can't look at a chenille throw in quite the same way again after watching Miss Somers re-enact the birth of her son on that barcolounger. In fact, I don't think I can ever sit in a barcolounger again!!! Feather boas, too, will have a different meaning thanks to Miss Somers.
Feather boas, and a re-enactment of birth...too much information there!   :P
Am I being catty enough???
NEVER!!!!   ;D
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 06:50:35 PM by S. Woody White »
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #105 on: July 23, 2005, 06:59:04 PM »

Welcome, FJL!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Michael

« Reply #106 on: July 23, 2005, 07:28:18 PM »

I lost 175 pounds in month when I divorced my wife
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #107 on: July 23, 2005, 07:52:50 PM »

Got around to OCEANS TWELVE tonight. Not up to the fun or cleverness of OCEANS ELEVEN, but not a total loss.

If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #108 on: July 23, 2005, 08:00:20 PM »

After that finished, I went to the shelf and pulled off RIVER OF NO RETURN which I hadn't re-watched since getting the current TV. I had forgotten that the Technicolor looks fairly faded on this (though the print is clean and artifact free). I don't think Fox did a full 2.55:1 transfer. People at the extreme edges of the frame are sometimes lopped in half; doesn't happen often, but Otto Preminger did frame a few shots with Mitchum and Monroe on opposite ends of the frame, and one with Mitchen, Monroe, Calhoun, and Rettig scattered across the frame, both of which crowd those on the ends a bit.

I do like all four songs Monroe sings in the picture.

Matt H.

« Reply #109 on: July 23, 2005, 08:01:05 PM »

Oh, what do ya do on a Saturday night, alone . . . ."

Tomovoz

« Reply #110 on: July 23, 2005, 08:13:34 PM »

Saturday Night's Alright For Fightin' (Elton & Bernie)
Of course that may not be all that easy alone.
James Thurber 1957

Matt H.

« Reply #111 on: July 23, 2005, 08:15:43 PM »

Time to call it a day and head for bed. Big day for me tomorrow, so I need some sleep.

Good night, all.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #112 on: July 23, 2005, 08:39:59 PM »

So glad to have you join us, FJL. This is the swellest bunch of folks on all the internet.

We are having one of our monsoon storms tonight. It will be very muggy tomorrow. But I don't have to work outside tomorrow, so let it rain!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Tomovoz

« Reply #113 on: July 23, 2005, 08:40:42 PM »

There no no twisting like slow slow twisting with you.

Chubby and Dee Dee woudl indeed find this day a slow day.
"Go Slow" - is this a Pajama factory.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #114 on: July 23, 2005, 08:41:13 PM »

Or in my case a pyjama factory.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #115 on: July 23, 2005, 08:48:34 PM »

In keeping with the "slowness" I am listening to Il Divo.
Maybe some Johnny Rivers "Slow Dancing" later.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #116 on: July 23, 2005, 08:50:56 PM »

I thought I would try clever and attempt to define "Mon soon" as two words. My French dictionary has no words beginning with "soo".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #117 on: July 23, 2005, 08:51:52 PM »

And where is DR François? It must be next week that he returns.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #118 on: July 23, 2005, 08:53:25 PM »

We've given up waiting and have transfered "Kiss Of The Spider Woman" from video to DVD. If only the musical had been filmed - It believe it really added to the play/film.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2005, 08:53:55 PM by Tomovoz »
James Thurber 1957

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #119 on: July 23, 2005, 08:57:18 PM »

Here's someone who has been eagerly awaiting the hummingbird garden:
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up