Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DEEP METAPHOR  (Read 8090 times)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
Re: THE DEEP METAPHOR
« Reply #180 on: June 10, 2023, 05:13:05 PM »

Ron, I enjoyed reading your political take. I’ve wondered at times what it must be like for you living in a deep red state since your views are clearly on the left. But it sounds like it really isn’t a problem.

Not as long as I don't talk about my views.   

There ARE a few folks around who feel as I do.  We call one another on occasion to vent.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #181 on: June 10, 2023, 05:15:14 PM »

The sun is setting here right now.  Dusk is settling in.  I find it unbelievable that we are now on the 10th of June and only 11 days away from Summer.

Where as this year gone?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #182 on: June 10, 2023, 05:15:50 PM »

I’ve found these webinars quite fascinating. He describes the different parts of the human brain, where different types of thinking takes place. The monkey brain is pure emotion, no critical thinking whatsoever. He also takes about how fear is the driver behind so much advertising, because when we feel fearful the monkey brain takes over, critical thinking stops, and people become very vulnerable to both sales pitches and political pitches.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #183 on: June 10, 2023, 05:17:06 PM »

Ron, I enjoyed reading your political take. I’ve wondered at times what it must be like for you living in a deep red state since your views are clearly on the left. But it sounds like it really isn’t a problem.

There ARE a few folks around who feel as I do.  We call one another on occasion to vent.

I am glad you know a few people to vent with. 

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #184 on: June 10, 2023, 05:17:27 PM »

I’ve always liked Jerry Brown, as much as anything because he was his own person. Governor Moonbeam? He turned the state round financially. I don’t think many people could have done that.

He did indeed.  He was a great Mayor in Oakland for six years (at least).  The city was so much better with him as Mayor than it was before.  Same happened when he was elected governor (again). 

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #185 on: June 10, 2023, 05:18:14 PM »

I am glad you know a few people to vent with. 

Well, there is always here where I do a little, as well.   I won't make a habit of it, because you'd get really over it very fast.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #186 on: June 10, 2023, 05:19:18 PM »

I’ve found these webinars quite fascinating. He describes the different parts of the human brain, where different types of thinking takes place. The monkey brain is pure emotion, no critical thinking whatsoever. He also takes about how fear is the driver behind so much advertising, because when we feel fearful the monkey brain takes over, critical thinking stops, and people become very vulnerable to both sales pitches and political pitches.

It's interesting.  Yet, I've never really thought of monkeys as being emotional.  The fling poo, I know.  I guess that's hostile emotion.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #187 on: June 10, 2023, 05:19:54 PM »

Dr Miller’s talks make so much sense in the present political climate. Fear sells, whether the product is a widget or a political viewpoint.

If you are interested, visit www.drmiller.com and go to the webinar section. They are free.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #188 on: June 10, 2023, 05:21:32 PM »

I am not averse to the idea that we represent an evolved version of apes.  I am not averse to the possibility that our DNA was altered to make us more human.  Who did this?  Don't know, but Assyrian myth says it was done by the lords from the sky.  So...

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #189 on: June 10, 2023, 05:22:23 PM »

Sue me.  I love to watch "Ancient Aliens".

So there.  I've said it.

I am also fascinated/entrenched in "The Secret of Skywalker Ranch".

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: June 10, 2023, 05:22:52 PM »

It's interesting.  Yet, I've never really thought of monkeys as being emotional.  The fling poo, I know.  I guess that's hostile emotion.

Well, there are quite a few humans flinging poo these days, too. The tear-your-opponent-apart style.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2023, 05:24:38 PM by Jeanne »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #191 on: June 10, 2023, 05:25:37 PM »

ROTFLMAO

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #192 on: June 10, 2023, 05:26:06 PM »

Yes, we live in a poo-flinging society all right!

Jane

« Reply #193 on: June 10, 2023, 05:26:50 PM »

I am not averse to the idea that we represent an evolved version of apes.  I am not averse to the possibility that our DNA was altered to make us more human.  Who did this?  Don't know, but Assyrian myth says it was done by the lords from the sky.  So...

;D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #194 on: June 10, 2023, 05:27:01 PM »

Taking a break now.   

Jane

« Reply #195 on: June 10, 2023, 05:27:17 PM »

Jane

« Reply #196 on: June 10, 2023, 05:27:27 PM »

Yes, we live in a poo-flinging society all right!

;D

Jane

« Reply #197 on: June 10, 2023, 05:28:23 PM »

Makes sense.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #198 on: June 10, 2023, 05:29:44 PM »

The “monkey brain” is the part of the human brain that cannot think critically. It’s an immediate, spontaneous response.

Look at how much of what comes from the far right is fear-based. It’s playing to the monkey brain — fear, not facts.

Jane

« Reply #199 on: June 10, 2023, 05:30:07 PM »

I can't recall what class I had in high school that talked about what advertisers do to entice us, and critical thinking to avoid being entice.  Not that is was called critical thinking back then.  It always stayed with me.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #200 on: June 10, 2023, 05:37:10 PM »

Yes, Jane, we’re all being manipulated daily.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #201 on: June 10, 2023, 05:39:13 PM »

But we all know that the advertisers have something to sell. I’m not sure that people always see how much politicians are selling.

Jane

« Reply #202 on: June 10, 2023, 05:40:21 PM »

My father was a Pat Brown supporter.  I am not sure how pleased he was the first time Jerry was governor.  I always liked Jerry, and was thrilled Regan was gone.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #203 on: June 10, 2023, 05:42:17 PM »

Regarding the Trump indictment, I’m very glad to see it, but weary and burnt out because it’s taken so long and we’ve all had to endure so much to get here. But it had to be done.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #204 on: June 10, 2023, 05:43:09 PM »

Gov Pat Brown was very popular.

Jane

« Reply #205 on: June 10, 2023, 05:43:43 PM »

And we can't let the next president pardon him, if he is found guilty.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #206 on: June 10, 2023, 05:45:34 PM »

I suspect that over the coming weeks more poo will hit the fan as more details come out. It appears that things were even worse than we (I) thought.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #207 on: June 10, 2023, 05:46:09 PM »

And we can't let the next president pardon him, if he is found guilty.

Agreed.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #208 on: June 10, 2023, 05:47:20 PM »

Vibes to all for all things.

TTFN.

Jane

« Reply #209 on: June 10, 2023, 05:52:41 PM »

Gov Pat Brown was very popular.