Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: OUT OF CZECHS  (Read 35864 times)

MBarnum

Re:OUT OF CZECHS
« Reply #120 on: August 02, 2005, 10:52:05 AM »

And JRand54, I think I got you some nifty items for your upcoming Birthday!  ;D

Hopefully you don't already have them :(

Jennifer

« Reply #121 on: August 02, 2005, 10:53:43 AM »

BIG BROTHER LIVE FEED SPOILER

Veto competiton and use of veto spoiler

The first time I watched after Janelle was put up in place of James. Kasar asked Janelle if she would take the hit for him so he could stay.  She wanted to know what was in it for her, if it would be like his agreement with Michael. Not sure what that meant. I don't think she'd do it though.

I don't think there is any doubt that Kaysar is going.  He told Maggie she should put one of her people up after the Veto was used. That really made everyone in the Crappy camp mad. They have all agreed in no uncertain terms that he's out.  I would be in total shock if the voted out Janelle instead.

I was very disgusted when I heard Ivette say she sat by Kaysar when he said his prayers and rattled her bracelets just to irritate him and interrupt him. She's got to go.

Kaysar and Janelle now know that James and Sara have been playing both sides and lying to them like crazy. Interesting.

So are you reading the canoe website or just watching for yourself?

Who are James and Sarah loyal to? I know james has been going back and forth.  But i still sort of thought that he was being loyal to kaysar.

Re: Kaysar telling maggie to put up one of her own.  He was trying to convince her that it would be in her best interest to do so.  He said that the Outcasts will come after her next week when they win HOH unless she did this.  IT was a smart move on Kaysar's part. Too bad it didn't work.

What do you think of James' plan to not nominate maggie (if they win HOH). Then they would tell the others that maggie made a deal with the Outcasts to save her skin.  That would tear up the alliance.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 10:54:33 AM by Jennifer »

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #122 on: August 02, 2005, 11:00:06 AM »

DR SWW... do you stuff the duck's cavity with quartered oranges in any of your recipes?
Bourdain specifically calls for a half an orange, cut into four pieces, and a lemon, in six pieces, to be put in the cavity.  I'll have to double-check the other recipes.

Bourdain's Les Halles Cookbook is a hoot.  He's not afraid to write the way that he talks...well, some of the four-letter words have been edited out, but the style is there!

BTW, there's an interview with Bourdain over at eGullet.com.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

MBarnum

« Reply #123 on: August 02, 2005, 11:00:38 AM »

Dr George, I received the photos that you took at the Portland HHW get together! Thanks! They turned out great!!! You have a really good camera and your sister must have a fantastic printer!

Thanks again for sending them to me!!!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #124 on: August 02, 2005, 11:01:39 AM »

And is this the interview with Bacall that was being discussed yesterday?  Or is she just feeling chatty these days?

(I said chatty, not catty!   ;D)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #125 on: August 02, 2005, 11:02:57 AM »

Or you could just go with the whole fantasy thing and...

;D

:o

;D
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Jason

« Reply #126 on: August 02, 2005, 11:04:59 AM »

And for those who are curious, here's a picture of the machine itself. They certainly come much bigger, but this is the one I want. (And it's the cheapest one!)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #127 on: August 02, 2005, 11:06:07 AM »

I know DR Stuart watches. As does DR Cillaliz.  And doesn't DR Ginny.  What about the Dans?  There must be more.

Not me (a Family Circus reference!)  I haven't watched BB since the initial summer it was on the air.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 11:36:40 AM by Dan (the Man) »
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

vixmom

« Reply #128 on: August 02, 2005, 11:12:50 AM »

Is anybody here familar with New Orleans and able to suggest any  'must eat at" restaurants?

Jason

« Reply #129 on: August 02, 2005, 11:15:33 AM »

You have to go to the Cafe du Monde for beignets and coffee.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #130 on: August 02, 2005, 11:17:57 AM »

Dr George, I received the photos that you took at the Portland HHW get together! Thanks! They turned out great!!! You have a really good camera and your sister must have a fantastic printer!

Thanks again for sending them to me!!!

Glad you liked them!  Actually, it's my sister's boyfriend's camera.  I wish it were mine!  Someday, I'm going to have to get a digital camera...someday. ::)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #131 on: August 02, 2005, 11:19:45 AM »

DR Jennifer:  I agree with Kaysar about James' idea...I don't think Ivette, April, Beau or Jennifer would believe James if Maggie denied it.  They're bonded in a cult.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #132 on: August 02, 2005, 11:21:45 AM »

THE DUCK FOLLIES, addendum:

I've just checked the website for the Four Seasons.  In keeping with the restaurant's theme, they change the duck saucing four times a year.  Currently, they're serving the ducks with a cherry sauce.

I'm going to have a strong talking with der B about his insisting on non-seasonal foods!

;D

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #133 on: August 02, 2005, 11:25:53 AM »

Otto the Duck stars in PIPPIN.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #134 on: August 02, 2005, 11:26:40 AM »

DR MBARNUM thanks for the LA rundown.

Whatever you bought for my birthday - I probably don't have it.  

vixmom

« Reply #135 on: August 02, 2005, 11:37:22 AM »

THE DUCK FOLLIES, addendum:

I've just checked the website for the Four Seasons.  In keeping with the restaurant's theme, they change the duck saucing four times a year.  Currently, they're serving the ducks with a cherry sauce.

I'm going to have a strong talking with der B about his insisting on non-seasonal foods!

;D

Oh slap some marmelade on the top, stick an orange inside,  pour a little contreau and orange juice over it.. voila!! Lazy Mann's duck a la orange!!  ;D

(served over any rice you find lying around  ;D)

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #136 on: August 02, 2005, 11:42:38 AM »

Hello Everybody!
Long time no post. Busy, busy, busy. I've been helping with the publicity for CLUB CABARET, a cabaret series at Whittier College that Cabaret West is sponsoring. It runs the first two weekends of August beginning Thursday, Aug. 4. Hope some of you in the L.A./Orange County area can come. I'll be at the CabWest table in the lobby. The ticket includes a free complimentary drink. Here's the link http://www.shannoncenter.org

FILMS:
West Side Story (9 times)
Gypsy (with Natalie and Rosalind)
Gone With the Wind
Singing in the Rain
Charade

FILMS ON VIDEO:
The Fugitive (with Harrison Ford). I've lost count of how many times I've seen it, but I never tire of it. Taut writing, directing and acting. Great supporting cast.
Bringing Up Baby The supporting cast is so good.
North by Northwest Grant and Hitchcock, a perfect combination.
Rear Window A perfect movie.
Giant Another perfect movie.
Her Alibi An underrated, well-written comedy with a wonderful supporting cast.
Holiday (with Grant & Hepburn) The script speaks to all of us about following your bliss and Grant delivers the ll o'clock speech with geniune passion.
The Barkleys of Broadway
Charade
Swing Time
The Bandwagon
Jumpin' Jack Flash
Baby Boom
I could go on....

PLAYS AND MUSICALS:
I usually don't see a live performance more than once, mainly because of economics.
I've seen Hello, Dolly!, Fiddler On the Roof, West Side Story each several times (some of which I ushered). I saw West Side Story after the film came out and was sorely disappointed. No comparison.

These are plays I would've liked to have seen more than once:
Right You Are...If You Say You Are
Equus
The Fabulous Invalid
42nd Street
More that just don't spring to mind.

DRBK - Re: Follow the Fleet: I think Astaire/Rogers in their earlier films were more supporting players (based on Astaire's stage appearances with his sister, Adele) than they were leads.

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: August 02, 2005, 12:05:45 PM »

If you like a community theatre style production with LOTS of young people rather than adults....and want to see a barn that's been converted into a theatre (without air conditioning) let me know and I will reserve your tickets.  They are a whopping $8 each.  And I am pretty sure it will be worth about that! :)

Hmm, JRand, while I do like young people's performances (like the Anything Goes we saw this past weekend) and the price is certainly right, I think we'll pass.  Knowing how hot central Indiana can be in August and that my mom is 86 with lung problems and my sister has had heart problems, I think it's best that we stay in air-conditioned places!  Thanks for the offer to reserve tickets for us, but go ahead and release them.  They're sure to be in demand!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: August 02, 2005, 12:07:46 PM »

BIG BROTHER 6 LIVE FEEDS CHAT:

DR Jennifer:  I agree with Kaysar about James' idea...I don't think Ivette, April, Beau or Jennifer would believe James if Maggie denied it.  They're bonded in a cult.

Well I think there might be a way for it to work.  But they would have to lay  more groundwork.  Kaysar figured out how to manipulate the situation last time so the alliance split.

Perhaps they could conveniently let ivette or someone else overhear them saying maggie made a deal.

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: August 02, 2005, 12:13:07 PM »

Is it noisy?  And what if your natural habit is to sleep on your side?  Most importantly, how would one "spoon" on their way to slumberland?

DR vixmom - one of my female coworkers uses a CPAP.  We've traveled together to several conferences, sharing hotel rooms, and the noise has never bothered me.  Of course, the spooning issue has never come up for us!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #140 on: August 02, 2005, 12:14:49 PM »

I think you made the right choice, DR GINNY.  LOL.....as soon as we get pictures of the production, I will post a link.  You can look at them and play the CD!

Jennifer

« Reply #141 on: August 02, 2005, 12:16:10 PM »

DR Jason, that contraption might be okay if you're single.  But my gosh that would scare me I think if I woke up next to that!

So it makes noise?

Donna

• It's never too late.
    • Cabaret West
« Reply #142 on: August 02, 2005, 12:21:51 PM »

Oops! Forgot ---

Here's a quick rundown on the CLUB CABARET performers --

Yoly (Tolentino) on August 4 will be doing a Doris Day Tribute. She played Lady Thiang in the revival of "The King & I" on Broadway. She is very accomplished and can sing anything from jazz to opera.

Ross Thomas on August 5 will be doing songs from Broadway. He has tons of musicals experience and is also a tiger handler for his brother Rick's magic act in Vegas. No kidding!

Shelly Goldstein on August 6 will be doing songs from Broadway to Pop to '60s-era Pop Rock (Carole King, Laura Nyro, Lionel Bart, and Lennon-McCartney). Described as "a combination of Liza Minnelli and Bette Midler," Shelly's a solid performer. You won't be disappointed. She was also a TV writer/producer for 15 years.

Scott Dreier on August 12 will be singing standards, Broadway and a special 75th birthday tribute to Sondheim. He is a very busy musical theatre performer who has done a variety of roles, including Seymour in "Little Shop of Horrors" seven times!

Karen Benjamin & Alan Chapman on August 13 will be doing two shows on the same night. The early show at 7:30 will be Movie Music Madness, and is tailor made for all Hainsies and Kimlets. Part cabaret, part sing-along, part game show, the emphasis is on great movie songs from the 1930s, '40s, and '50s, where the audience is invited to join in, singing and competing for prizes answering questions about the music, the writers, and the films.  The late show at 10:30 will be Obscene and Not Heard, a collection of songs by Chapman and other writers that are racy and totally politically in-correct...and where you are guaranteed to laugh your asterisk off!  

http://www.shannoncenter.org

Jennifer

« Reply #143 on: August 02, 2005, 12:30:42 PM »

For those interested in the RENT movie, it looks like the cast will be singing on the Today show, this thursday august 4th (my guess is the 8:30am-9am ET timeslot).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #144 on: August 02, 2005, 12:32:09 PM »

Off to rehearsal. Told all participants I would be there one hour early to go over ANY questions they had about choreography.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2005, 12:55:19 PM »

Back from lunch...had tomato soup served with chunks of Cambozala cheese and toasted sourdough.

Very nice flavors, and it hit the spot, too!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2005, 12:56:06 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #146 on: August 02, 2005, 01:01:12 PM »

I'm expecting a ton of stuff delivered via UPS today, including "The Thin Man" boxed set, "Toby Tyler," "Summer Magic," "In Search of the Castaways," "The High and the Mighty," the new Bernadette Peters CD "Sondheim Etc., Etc.", plus CDs of those terrific 70s albums by Tomita (Snowflakes are Dancing) and Seiji Ozawa's recordings of Russo's "Street Music" featuring the Siegel-Schwall Band with the San Francisco Symphony.

I don't know why it's all coming at once, but UPS says it is!

vixmom

« Reply #147 on: August 02, 2005, 01:05:38 PM »

I'm expecting a ton of stuff delivered via UPS today, including "The Thin Man" boxed set, "Toby Tyler," "Summer Magic," "In Search of the Castaways," "The High and the Mighty," the new Bernadette Peters CD "Sondheim Etc., Etc.", plus CDs of those terrific 70s albums by Tomita (Snowflakes are Dancing) and Seiji Ozawa's recordings of Russo's "Street Music" featuring the Siegel-Schwall Band with the San Francisco Symphony.

I don't know why it's all coming at once, but UPS says it is!

Well, I guess you'll be staying home for a while!  :D

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #148 on: August 02, 2005, 01:14:10 PM »

Woody, I think the Exterminator comes sometime this week and will spray the deck.  I've not see the pups for a couple of hours, so hopefully they went back to their den and it is not anywhere around here.  Tewksbury is on Revolution or Advantage or one of those insectides, but I felt itchy every since I saw those critters.  It's probably my imagination.  Still I nor the dog have gone on the back deck since they've been here.

MBarnum, I am a witty, grumpy curmudgeon.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #149 on: August 02, 2005, 01:25:51 PM »

I read that the big bomb Julie is going to drop during the Summer of Secrets this week is that after Kaysar gets ejected on Thursday, the public will get to vote on one houseguest to be let back in the house, so Kaysar could come right back in after being let go.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9   Go Up