Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: WITH A SMILE AND A LAUGH AND A POTATO CHIP  (Read 19116 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:WITH A SMILE AND A LAUGH AND A POTATO CHIP
« Reply #150 on: August 22, 2005, 04:22:13 PM »

And one for Mahler!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #151 on: August 22, 2005, 04:33:25 PM »

Good Evening!

As DR elmore mentioned in his earlier post, we had a nice time marking the cuts in The Golden Apple parts.  There were three of us marking the parts: myself, DR elmore and Jack Parton (who, yes, as it turns out is related to Dolly - something like eighth cousin, once removed).  So, come the first orchestra rehearsal on Wednesday, I guess we'll find out who marked the parts up correctly - or incorrectly as the case may be.

;)

*Oh, and Jack Parton is quite a handsome man too.  I'll try to snap a pic on Wednesday.  (...for DR MBarnum :))
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #152 on: August 22, 2005, 04:35:03 PM »

We ended up eating lunch at a place called Pomodoro on Ninth Ave.  Of course, and this was a total coincidence, Pomodoro means "golden apple" in Eye-talian.

And, btw, I had Soppresata and Fontina on Focaccia.  Very good sandwich.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jason

« Reply #153 on: August 22, 2005, 04:36:18 PM »

I'll give you a nickel if you'll bust it up!

It's an easy question, Miss Mayella. Do you remember him beating you about the face?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #154 on: August 22, 2005, 04:36:45 PM »

Once we were back uptown, we settled in for drinks at La Cocina.  DR elmore had margaritas, and I had a mojito.  A deceptively strong mojito as I eventually found out as I was walking to Beard Papa Cream Puffs.

Oh... And I had a Coffee Cream Puff.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

td

• td
« Reply #155 on: August 22, 2005, 04:37:44 PM »

LUV was my second pro directing gig.   :)
The first was SUDDENLY, LAST SUMMER - which was originally going to be videotaped in Pittsburgh's Phipps Conservatory -  :)
BK and CW would be wonderful in LUV, but don't do the dreaded musical version WHAT ABOUT LUV.   :(

Today in my mailbox, I received two belated birthday cds, both of which I had previously owned and loaned out never to see again.  Both discs feature work from DR elmoore!  I hadn't known that back in the day when they were first released on Rialto Records.  Elmoore - what have you got to say about YOU CAN'T PUT KETCHUP ON THE MOON and its follow-up?   ???

As for those Eleven O'Clock Numbers - many of the previously mentioned - :
Apology to a Cow from BATBOY
So Long, Dearie from HELLO, DOLLY

Duetting, you can do worse than Babs and Judy Garland's Get Happy/Happy Days are Here Again, which also closes Liz and Ann Hampton Callaway's Huge Medley.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jason

« Reply #156 on: August 22, 2005, 04:37:58 PM »

Yes, DR Jose sounded quite - energetic - when he called me while he was hoofing it to Beard Papa.

Jason

« Reply #157 on: August 22, 2005, 04:43:08 PM »

td: How goes it with your chef?

td

• td
« Reply #158 on: August 22, 2005, 04:46:14 PM »

td: How goes it with your chef?

Cooking with gas, dr Jason.  Perhaps he can conjure up some stuffed grape leaves, or something on the Greek side.  ;)  
We're supposed to go to the zoo later this week.  A photo op if there ever was one. . . ;)

Jason

« Reply #159 on: August 22, 2005, 04:50:38 PM »

Cooking with gas, dr Jason.  Perhaps he can conjure up some stuffed grape leaves, or something on the Greek side.  ;)  
We're supposed to go to the zoo later this week.  A photo op if there ever was one. . . ;)

Aww...yay! I'm glad you're having more luck with *yours* than I am with *mine,* who seems to be avoiding me this week. I'm THIS close to being done with the whole thing for my own sanity.  :-\

Jason

« Reply #160 on: August 22, 2005, 04:51:21 PM »

(Easier said than done, I'm afraid...)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #161 on: August 22, 2005, 04:53:18 PM »

I'm THIS close to being done with the whole thing for my own sanity.  :-\

Maybe you should go out and get one of them there "Sanity Clauses" drawn up for you.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jason

« Reply #162 on: August 22, 2005, 04:54:13 PM »

Maybe you should go out and get one of them there "Sanity Clauses" drawn up for you.

I have no idea what Santa Clause has to do with my Greek, but thanks for the suggestion. ;)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #163 on: August 22, 2005, 04:59:58 PM »

Speaking of a chiffarobe, while you people were posting about it, I just happened to be picking up an early copy of the brand spanking new Special SPECIAL edition of To Kill a Mockingbird on DVD - first time enhanced for widescreen TVs, and with lots of new extras.  Also picked up The Sting - first time on DVD in widescreen and lots of extras, too.

Ginny

« Reply #164 on: August 22, 2005, 05:09:59 PM »

Speaking of a chiffarobe, while you people were posting about it, I just happened to be picking up an early copy of the brand spanking new Special SPECIAL edition of To Kill a Mockingbird on DVD - first time enhanced for widescreen TVs, and with lots of new extras.  Also picked up The Sting - first time on DVD in widescreen and lots of extras, too.

Interesting to me because of those 4 books which were in the running for our 2006 community reading program, To Kill a Mockingbird was the winner (just as several DR's predicted!).  The choice of that title qualifies us to apply for a major grant, so I spent great amounts of time last week, and will again this week, working on the proposal.  That's a real turn of the tables, because I'm usually coaching and encouraging proposal-writers - I'm gaining a lot of empathy for them!

This is a Tuesday-Saturday work week for me, so today has been my day off.  It was full of errands and a delightful lunch with a friend who I won't see again now until after my New York/Atlanta trip in October.  We went to Mitchell's Fish Market, where I had yummy clam chowder and a salmon citrus salad.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #165 on: August 22, 2005, 05:18:22 PM »

Off to hang out with lots of other musical theatre maniacs...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #166 on: August 22, 2005, 05:19:01 PM »

...And if I'm not home by midnight, be sure to call...  Well... On second thought...

Don't call.

;D
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #167 on: August 22, 2005, 05:59:04 PM »

Today in my mailbox, I received two belated birthday cds, both of which I had previously owned and loaned out never to see again.  Both discs feature work from DR elmoore!  I hadn't known that back in the day when they were first released on Rialto Records.  Elmoore - what have you got to say about YOU CAN'T PUT KETCHUP ON THE MOON and its follow-up?   ???

I worked on several of those, and I think they run the gamut from very good to pathetic; I loved the songs on KEEP YOUR UNDERSHIRT ON, and I loved the SING BEFORE BREAKFAST recording.  Is YOU CAN'T PUT KETCHUP ON THE MOON the one with "The Rhumba Jumps"?  I like that arrangement.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 06:01:16 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #168 on: August 22, 2005, 06:26:59 PM »

Td September is almost here.  Which restaurant will you be working at?

Ginny good vibes with the grant.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2005, 06:28:07 PM by Jane »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #169 on: August 22, 2005, 07:00:26 PM »

Three posts in ninety minutes???  Is this a slow news day here at haineshisway.com?  It's the weekend that's usually ridiculously slow, so it's peculiar.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #170 on: August 22, 2005, 07:00:54 PM »

I'm watching To Kill a Mockingbird - just finished the chiffarobe speech.

td

• td
« Reply #171 on: August 22, 2005, 07:07:14 PM »

Td September is almost here.  Which restaurant will you be working at?

I will be back at Sam Morgan's very soon. . .

Jane

« Reply #172 on: August 22, 2005, 07:38:23 PM »

td will most of the staff you enjoyed be returning?

Jane

« Reply #173 on: August 22, 2005, 07:54:00 PM »

We are having a beautiful summer evening.  Too bad Keith couldn’t relax and enjoy it.   I just watched him dig a drainage ditch to divert the water on our road into a drainage pipe, decoratively covered with rocks, inside our fence.

We don’t know why water is bubbling up onto the road.  We would like to be sure it isn’t coming from our well.  For some reason the numerous folks without any water are ahead of us on the list for service.

Cillaliz

« Reply #174 on: August 22, 2005, 08:10:00 PM »

BB6 SPOILERS>>>>>

Ok, Howie and Rachael are up. James got the veto....again and didn't use it. They are pretty funny right now. It's a live vote from now on. So that has changed. James seems to be going back with the outcasts. I'm not sure if I believe him about it. But it is an interesting twist

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2005, 08:10:35 PM »

October 25 for Broadway's Lost Treasures III (Amazon)

Thank you so much for learning this and posting it, DR Tomovoz.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2005, 08:14:22 PM »

I knew Universal was releasing those special editions of TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD and THE STING, and I am especially anxious to have them, particularly the latter which I refused to buy on DVD in a full frame release. (I had that already on VHS).

Can't wait to hear what you think of the quality of THE STING.

Matt H.

« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2005, 08:21:16 PM »

I absolutely thoroughly enjoyed SAN FRANCISCO. It's a wonderful old fashioned entertainment with terrific production values, top notch stars doing some of their finest work ever, and for the time, astounding special effects. No wonder this ranked as MGM's top grossing production for many years. What's not the like?

The quality of the image on the videotape was pretty amazing, too. Yes, there was some damage, some missing frames, and some scenes seemingly cobbled from a 16mm print that looked blown up and soft focus for no reason. The sound was one of the most robust mono tracks I've heard in awhile.

Once Warners masters this for DVD, I think there will be many happy people. Still amazed it hasn't been one of the eligible films in the on-line voting Warners has done for the last two years. They must have special plans for it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: August 22, 2005, 08:23:11 PM »

BB6 Sort of Spoilers

This is actually getting interesting. If James sticks with the outcasts, big IF...right now it would be 4 and 4....there is still a chance for the good guys to win

Matt H.

« Reply #179 on: August 22, 2005, 08:27:43 PM »

Spoiler below about THE COMEBACK --

THE COMEBACK had a hilarious episode centered around The People's Choice Awards. At one point, Lisa Kudrow's Valerie character has Nolan Miller (DYNASTY) design her a glitzy dress to wear to the awards, and then her publicist gets the bright idea to get the winner of PROJECT:RUNWAY to design her a gown since he's "happenin'" and Nolan Miller is such old news.

Anyway, Valerie gets the dress FedExed to her, she wears it on the runway, meets the designer, and learns she has the dress on backwards. It had been such a rush job that he hadn't sewn in a label, so she didn't know which side of the dress was the front. She was all taped into the dress, and she was frantic to get it switched so she could get some attention on the red carpet. Of course, it takes so long to change that she missed all the photo ops on the red carpet before the show starts.

And then, her show loses the award, but the young female star of the show wins and she has to present a brave face of happiness for her "rival."

There are only two more episodes of the show before it ends its run, and I'm really afraid it's not going to get renewed.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up