Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: STRANGE ADVENTURES  (Read 28619 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:STRANGE ADVENTURES
« Reply #60 on: August 24, 2005, 08:11:16 AM »

And now I have to get up from here and get cleaned up. Lunch today is going to be considerably earlier than it was on Monday afternoon.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #61 on: August 24, 2005, 08:12:42 AM »

[move=right,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Page 3 Dance!!!!!!!![/move]

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #62 on: August 24, 2005, 08:15:53 AM »

What is the QT, anyway?

It stands for the "Queen Tiffany", an unregistered luxury liner with a near-mythological reputation.

Very many things are said to have happened "on the QT" and have been "kept" on the QT.  I suspect there's a very small international cabal of very powerful people who run it all "on the QT."

So in this case, the winning name is drawn from an electronic hat, by BK in the safe home environment, but the electronic programming is based on the Queen Tiffany ("on the QT").

But, ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...it's not for public discussion, being "on the QT", as it were.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 08:19:18 AM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #63 on: August 24, 2005, 08:16:32 AM »

DR Jason - I have an MTI rant, I hope you don't mind... BUT

The theatre company that I'm quite involved with put an application into MTI in March for "Urinetown" - we were told that it was a new property and we needed to wait to see if any of the regional/pro theatres in the area wanted the show first.  Turned out, in May, we finally got approved, which was exciting.  As far as we knew, we were the first people in the area to grab the show.

Turns out, a local community college theatre, who draws from the same audience and talent pool as us,  ALSO got the show and announced their season after we did.  Their show is end of Feb/March, AND then we found out that a company about 20 minutes south of us open the show 2 weeks after we close... same talent pool there, too.  

Let's not mention that a CHILDREN'S theatre in the same city as we are got the show for this summer (Palo Alto Children's Theatre)

I know MTI can't micro-manage their clients, but it just doesn't seem right is all.

Thanks for listening!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #64 on: August 24, 2005, 08:42:25 AM »

It stands for the "Queen Tiffany", an unregistered luxury liner with a near-mythological reputation.

Very many things are said to have happened "on the QT" and have been "kept" on the QT.  I suspect there's a very small international cabal of very powerful people who run it all "on the QT."

So in this case, the winning name is drawn from an electronic hat, by BK in the safe home environment, but the electronic programming is based on the Queen Tiffany ("on the QT").

But, ssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...it's not for public discussion, being "on the QT", as it were.

Where did you get this answer?  I looked around myself, and all I could find was that QT simply stood for the first and last letters of "quiet."  I admit, your version is more interesting...but where did you find it?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #65 on: August 24, 2005, 08:48:26 AM »

Where did you get this answer?  I looked around myself, and all I could find was that QT simply stood for the first and last letters of "quiet."  I admit, your version is more interesting...but where did you find it?

"There is no life I know to compare with pure imagination..."
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: August 24, 2005, 08:50:57 AM »

I am displeased with both BB6 teams, actually. Well, mostly I was surprised at Rachel's reactions....it just didn't seem like her.

Sometimes I wonder if people are manipulated by watching the show. I know Ivette was whining about rachel's reaction.  But i didn't see it at all.  In fact Ivette was driving me crazy.  She is such a hyprocrite and i want to strangle her.

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2005, 08:54:33 AM »

I didn't even think to watch BIG BROTHER last night. I was so involved with THE RAZOR'S EDGE that it totally slipped my mind.

Matt H.

« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2005, 08:56:27 AM »

Just sitting here waiting for my lunch companion to arrive. I have no idea where we'll go, but I'm guessing junk food like Taco Bell. That's just a guess, mind you.

Jason

« Reply #69 on: August 24, 2005, 09:09:04 AM »

DR Jason - I have an MTI rant, I hope you don't mind... BUT

The theatre company that I'm quite involved with put an application into MTI in March for "Urinetown" - we were told that it was a new property and we needed to wait to see if any of the regional/pro theatres in the area wanted the show first.  Turned out, in May, we finally got approved, which was exciting.  As far as we knew, we were the first people in the area to grab the show.

Turns out, a local community college theatre, who draws from the same audience and talent pool as us,  ALSO got the show and announced their season after we did.  Their show is end of Feb/March, AND then we found out that a company about 20 minutes south of us open the show 2 weeks after we close... same talent pool there, too.  

Let's not mention that a CHILDREN'S theatre in the same city as we are got the show for this summer (Palo Alto Children's Theatre)

I know MTI can't micro-manage their clients, but it just doesn't seem right is all.

Thanks for listening!

DR Matthew: I explain this to my customers all the time, many of whom are confused and angry by our amateur licensing policies. The fact is, there is no statute of limitations in regard to the number or location of amateur productions of any title in any given city or state. In other words, Community Theatre A and Community Theatre B could perform URINETOWN on the same night in the same building with the same curtain time without violating any contractual agreements. The only groups who are granted exclusivity on any titles are the large, professional regional theatres and in a few rare cases, very large community theatres that pay their actors a certain level of salary.

Since announcing URINETOWN as an available title, we have received hundreds of applications for that show. Some of them were approved - others were not because a professional group declined their request. Once an offer is approved, a contract is sent out listing the fees and terms. Whether a group chooses to sign and return that contract once they've received it is up to them.  We don't know who will choose to proceed with the show, so we can't say, "We can't send you a contract until Community Theatre C tells us if they're going to do the show."

Like I said, I had a woman apply for 10 titles yesterday - obviously she isn't going to do all of them, but I have to send her contracts if she asks for them. If she signs a contract for TOMMY and returns it with some money, the show is hers. If the high school down the street decides they want to do TOMMY, too, it's between those two schools to hash out who gets to do the show or just go ahead and do it at both venues.

For your community's sake, I'm sorry to hear that there are so many productions of the same show booked for what sounds like a small region, but MTI, as representatives of the authors, is here to make money for those authors and get their shows produced as much as we can. With over 60,000 customers in the amateur department alone, it would be quite impossible for us to micro-manage to such an extent that we could avoid double-bookings of a title in any given community. It is ultimately the responsibility of the theatres in any community to communicate with one another and discuss their proposed seasons before signing any contracts or making any announcements, which we assume that they do.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 09:22:33 AM by Jason »

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #70 on: August 24, 2005, 09:16:38 AM »

DR JRand -- are you familiar with a production of "Plain and Fancy" being done in or near Nappanee?

Matthew

« Reply #71 on: August 24, 2005, 09:18:39 AM »

DR Jason - you're a doll :)  

Thanks for your response.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #72 on: August 24, 2005, 09:30:02 AM »

In fact Ivette was driving me crazy.  She is such a hyprocrite and i want to strangle her.

Ditto, dearie. Ditto.

What really bugged me was the "old wench" comment.  Just wait till she's there in a couple of years, and we can all throw that comment back in her face.

It's that entitlement that a certain younger generation feels they deserve that drives me bananas.

And "Cappy Days?"  Oh please.

Jennifer

« Reply #73 on: August 24, 2005, 09:40:56 AM »

Ditto, dearie. Ditto.

What really bugged me was the "old wench" comment.  Just wait till she's there in a couple of years, and we can all throw that comment back in her face.

It's that entitlement that a certain younger generation feels they deserve that drives me bananas.

And "Cappy Days?"  Oh please.

I think they are misrepresenting Ivette.  The producer of the show was on House Calls last week and he said they could not air many of her comments because they were too inappropriate or racist.

And as for her comments to rachel, how old is rachel anyways? She looks great to me. And i seriously doubt she is that much older than ivette.

Matthew

« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2005, 09:53:39 AM »

my my, slow day here at HHW!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2005, 09:56:10 AM »

And of course Adair, who costarred in the BK-directed Bacharach thingy (technical term) up here, starred in what is evidently the longest running regional production of ILY,YP,NC--over 3 years here in the Land of Port.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #76 on: August 24, 2005, 10:05:29 AM »

I think they are misrepresenting Ivette.  The producer of the show was on House Calls last week and he said they could not air many of her comments because they were too inappropriate or racist.

And as for her comments to rachel, how old is rachel anyways? She looks great to me. And i seriously doubt she is that much older than ivette.

I think Rachel is 34.

Ivette is a pig.

She also made some racist remark about Rachel being "an asian...." something or other.  That aired last night.

Ivette's "last nerve" doesn't interest me in the slightest.  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #77 on: August 24, 2005, 10:06:46 AM »

I very nearly threw up last night during BB6 as Beau showed America the "Cappy" shrine they set up every time they win HOH....

These people are too stupid to live.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #78 on: August 24, 2005, 10:09:55 AM »

And as far as "misrepresenting Ivette"...the producers are very much aware of the overhwhelming "dislike" America has for the "fiendsheep".  To show any of them as they truly are would upset too many viewers.  Ivette is called "Evilette" in many chat rooms.  Maggie is "Maggot" and April is "Yapril," (as DR Jennifer has indicated in past posts).

One of the callers to House Calls yesterday revealed a new medical term -- O.C.D....."Obsessive Cappy Disorder".

Marcellas howled and hooted....
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 10:10:48 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Jennifer

« Reply #79 on: August 24, 2005, 10:11:18 AM »

I very nearly threw up last night during BB6 as Beau showed America the "Cappy" shrine they set up every time they win HOH....

That scene made me laugh so hard.

Have you been reading that Kaysar was able to give Janelle some info on the outside world's view of the hamsters.  He spoke to some people at the hotel. And he knows that the public HATES the friendship.

Jennifer

« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2005, 10:12:54 AM »

Or April is just Yap for short. :)

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2005, 10:15:10 AM »

And of course Adair, who costarred in the BK-directed Bacharach thingy (technical term) up here, starred in what is evidently the longest running regional production of ILY,YP,NC--over 3 years here in the Land of Port.

Sorry, DR JMK.  It's been 5 years, and still running, up here in the Chester of Ro.

Jason

« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2005, 10:19:40 AM »

My customers are on Big Brother?

Matthew

« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2005, 10:20:26 AM »

Well, it's running for 3 weekends in Palo Alto beginning Sept 17 - and there ain't no room for an extension!!!!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2005, 10:21:07 AM »

Or April is just Yap for short. :)

Was it too funny or what when Ivette was remarking last night about Rachel's completely understandable reaction to Beau's nomination comments.

Like...he speaks in, like..highly affected bitchy gay slang...like...well, umm....like...and he's going....like..."You've been on both sides and are very shady...and white...and pitch black...and..like...that's..like..my reason.

We all knew Rachel expected to be nominated and was not shocked in the least.  But her quizzical reaction...and the faces she made...were totally how I was reacting myself.

But ever-hypercritical Ivette asked, "Will she be able to get rehired for her job after reacting so stupidly?"

My question is:  Would anyone in his right mind EVER hire Beau or Ivette again?

Like...I mean...d'uh...!
« Last Edit: August 24, 2005, 10:23:17 AM by Ron Pulliam »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2005, 10:23:48 AM »

And what WAS Miss Petula Clark's priceless reaction to Miss Helen Reddy's disclosures?

Well, it was really the line she was responding to, one of Helen's many shockers.  That I can't repeat on a family site - but Miss Clark simply said, "Well, dear, anyone who has to talk about it that much isn't getting anything."

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2005, 10:26:31 AM »

Stuart, the posts of the last few days have been cherce.  I'd advise reading them all.

I got up at nine, having managed to get two more hours of sleep for a total of four.  I STILL feel queasy.

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2005, 10:29:20 AM »

BIG BROTHER.

DR RonP, what did you think of watching April compete in the veto challenge. Now THAT was too funny! :)

MBarnum

« Reply #88 on: August 24, 2005, 10:45:02 AM »

OH, my gosh, April couldn't win a challenge to save her life!

The reaction I was referring to from Rachel, was her reaction to being nominated. I just thought it seemed undignified, and Rachel has always been rather dignified and adult about everything.

As for Beau...you know I hadn't really developed any kind of an opinion of him, until now...and now I know that he drives me crazy. I find that bitchy diva act very annoying.

I still think that Janelle and Howie's mean spirited outbursts recently were childish and out of line...however, I am still rooting for them over the "friendship" group. Although, maybe I am really rooting for James now! LOL! He is playing good!

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #89 on: August 24, 2005, 10:58:56 AM »

Sorry, DR JMK.  It's been 5 years, and still running, up here in the Chester of Ro.

Don't tell that to whoever devised the ad campaign for the Portland production.   :o
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up