Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: IDYLLIC AND BOMBASTIC  (Read 1360 times)

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
Re: IDYLLIC AND BOMBASTIC
« Reply #60 on: April 07, 2024, 11:35:32 AM »

Page Three!
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Someone like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

MichaelG

• Pressure is the point.
« Reply #61 on: April 07, 2024, 11:37:48 AM »

Michael, waking up every morning to the smells of apple cider and mill donuts was heavenly.  Even after I could not eat one more of those delicious, yet greasy, donuts I would indulged in baked goods at home.

;D

Freddie

« Reply #62 on: April 07, 2024, 11:38:38 AM »

I had 10 1/2 hours of sleep last night.  They were much needed after yesterday's exhausting pace of spring cleaning.  Miles to go, too. 

I cleaned out kitchen cabinets (a couple) that had many things long expired.  Stuff my mom bought. Some from before I retired.  One item expired in 2004.  It was in the back of a cabinet, and I'm sure my mom forgot it was there.

It's not the throwing away that bothers me.  It's the hauling things out to the trash that exhaust me.

When we've done that, having cleared the extra space feels good long after the exhaustion of throwing the stuff out. 
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Someone like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #63 on: April 07, 2024, 11:41:26 AM »

Feel better vibes for Richard, and stay well vibes for DR Ginny!

Jane

« Reply #64 on: April 07, 2024, 11:45:39 AM »

I had 10 1/2 hours of sleep last night.  They were much needed after yesterday's exhausting pace of spring cleaning.  Miles to go, too. 

I cleaned out kitchen cabinets (a couple) that had many things long expired.  Stuff my mom bought. Some from before I retired.  One item expired in 2004.  It was in the back of a cabinet, and I'm sure my mom forgot it was there.

It's not the throwing away that bothers me.  It's the hauling things out to the trash that exhaust me.

When Craig was living with us in Ashland he went through all of our cabinets and dumped stuff we must have moved from Michigan to California, and then to Oregon.  He reduced our liquer cabinet to a quater of the original size.  We had a lot of liquer from when we entertained from Keith's work that we never drank and was too old since it had been opened.

Jane

« Reply #65 on: April 07, 2024, 11:50:03 AM »

DR MichaelG which suburbs did you live in?  We lived in Bloomfield Township twice, the first time behind the Franklin Cider Mill, returning after a year in Conneticut to live off of Lone Pine between Lahser & Telegraph.

Who knew there were all these Detroit folks here? DR Jane, we lived in Southfield when I was born and moved to Huntington Woods when I was 4. Always loved the Franklin Cider Mill!

We lived - in Detroit - just west of the Southfield Freeway, between Joy Road and West Chicago.  We also loved the Franklin Cider Mill, but after my parents moved to Northville when I was in college, we discovered Parmenter’s.

Even though you weren't that far away from where we were, I don't think I ever went to Northville or the cider mill.  I can't be sure as I took many day trips with friends and don't remember the names of everywhere we went.

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2024, 12:27:19 PM »

DR Jane, I had a love/hate relationship with Northville.  It was my parents’ home for 15 years, but I only lived there during college summers when I would rather have been in Ann Arbor.  And after 4 years I left SE Michigan for SW Ohio - almost 51 years ago.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MichaelG

• Pressure is the point.
« Reply #67 on: April 07, 2024, 12:33:58 PM »

Even though you weren't that far away from where we were, I don't think I ever went to Northville or the cider mill.  I can't be sure as I took many day trips with friends and don't remember the names of everywhere we went.

I can't recall ever going to Northville, though we would drive nearby sometimes on 275.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #68 on: April 07, 2024, 12:34:34 PM »

A San Antonio film commission event for VIVA MAX! was six years ago today, which was about the movie but we were honored to have the demo of our musical version included there that day.

We were thrilled that John G was there that evening, and had even posted about it.  John G's post from April 7  2018 was the Facebook memory that came up today.

This is what I posted on Facebook.  I hope this link works.
https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02qAiDTd5QvHZBLWGuGZZrXcgAzm9qqCiZJcNU1c25QyCVPTqsyedy86hRWe7TcRobl&id=702167589&notif_id=1712510715101324&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

I remember seeing a special.production in NYC, at the Actors Theatre , if I remember rightly.

It was a wonderful show with a beautiful score!
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 05:32:10 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

MichaelG

• Pressure is the point.
« Reply #69 on: April 07, 2024, 12:35:04 PM »

DR Jane, I had a love/hate relationship with Northville.  It was my parents’ home for 15 years, but I only lived there during college summers when I would rather have been in Ann Arbor.  And after 4 years I left SE Michigan for SW Ohio - almost 51 years ago.

So you're a U of M alum? My sister and stepmother both went there.

vixmom

« Reply #70 on: April 07, 2024, 12:35:57 PM »

Spent the night in Vancouver after we saw Hairspray. Took Edna Turnblad out to dinner before the show and I met him afterwards and he dished on the production. The kids enjoyed their major theatre experience. A fun time for all.

That sounds like a wonderfully fun way to spend the Day! Im.glad the little 'uns enjoyed it as well!

vixmom

« Reply #71 on: April 07, 2024, 12:40:30 PM »

DR MichaelG which suburbs did you live in?  We lived in Bloomfield Township twice, the first time behind the Franklin Cider Mill, returning after a year in Conneticut to live off of Lone Pine between Lahser & Telegraph.

Who knew there were all these Detroit folks here? DR Jane, we lived in Southfield when I was born and moved to Huntington Woods when I was 4. Always loved the Franklin Cider Mill!

We have lived in ten homes, eight states.  Our boys think of Michigan as home since they spent most of their school years there.

I've lived in 5 homes...in 2 hamlets with the same township

vixmom

« Reply #72 on: April 07, 2024, 12:42:42 PM »

In fact I live 11 miles from where I was born

vixmom

« Reply #73 on: April 07, 2024, 12:43:01 PM »

I should get out more

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: April 07, 2024, 12:48:35 PM »

So you're a U of M alum? My sister and stepmother both went there.

Yep, BA ‘72, MA ‘73 - Go, Blue!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MichaelG

• Pressure is the point.
« Reply #75 on: April 07, 2024, 12:49:49 PM »

Yep, BA ‘72, MA ‘73 - Go, Blue!

:)

Ginny

« Reply #76 on: April 07, 2024, 12:50:40 PM »

I can't recall ever going to Northville, though we would drive nearby sometimes on 275.

Oh, my, 275 wasn’t completed until after I moved away.  I feel old.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 12:53:45 PM by Ginny »

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #77 on: April 07, 2024, 12:54:03 PM »

Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #78 on: April 07, 2024, 12:54:36 PM »

Wordle 1,023 4/6

🟨⬜🟩⬜⬜
⬜🟨🟩⬜⬜
⬜⬜🟩⬜🟩
🟩🟩🟩🟩🟩
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: April 07, 2024, 12:55:34 PM »

Shaved, showered, and awaiting the arrival of the Darling Daughter.

George

« Reply #80 on: April 07, 2024, 12:55:41 PM »

George, glad to hear last night's performance went so well

Thanks, Freddie!  I'm now back at the theeder, waiting to start the matinee in about 35 minutes!

George

« Reply #81 on: April 07, 2024, 12:56:44 PM »

Working a bit on the audition steps for the guys.....

Vibes that you find good performers at the auditions!

~~~DITTO!!~~~

George

« Reply #82 on: April 07, 2024, 12:57:20 PM »

April 7, otherwise known as Brett Kavanagh day.

>:(

George

« Reply #83 on: April 07, 2024, 01:01:10 PM »

That is a very clever touch DR GEORGE.

Thanks, Jrand.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #84 on: April 07, 2024, 01:13:35 PM »

A San Antonio film commission event for VIVA MAX! was six years ago today, which was about the movie but we were honored to have the demo of our musical version included there that day.

We were thrilled that John G was there that evening, and had even posted about it.  John G's post from April 7  2018 was the Facebook memory that came up today.

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=pfbid02qAiDTd5QvHZBLWGuGZZrXcgAzm9qqCiZJcNU1c25QyCVPTqsyedy86hRWe7TcRobl&id=702167589&notif_id=1712510715101324&notif_t=feedback_reaction_generic&ref=notif

I remember seeing a special.production in NYC, at tithe Acrirs Theatre , if I remember rightly.

That night in San Antonio was COLD!!!! And to sit outside and watch a movie was a challenge. Alcohol afterwards helped.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Freddie

« Reply #85 on: April 07, 2024, 01:49:12 PM »

I remember seeing a special.production in NYC, at tithe Acrirs Theatre , if I remember rightly.

That night in San Antonio was COLD!!!! And to sit outside and watch a movie was a challenge. Alcohol afterwards helped.

Thank you so much for being there, John G!   

Freddie

« Reply #86 on: April 07, 2024, 01:53:30 PM »

Yes, that was in Jan. 2018, a 90-minute version of the show through Theater Resources Unlimited at the Actors Temple, which was directed by Evan Pappas.

And you also came to Skip's concert at 54 Below Feb. 2018, which included songs from VIVA MAX. 

Many many thanks for your support, vixmom!

« Last Edit: April 07, 2024, 01:58:13 PM by Freddie »

Freddie

« Reply #87 on: April 07, 2024, 02:03:44 PM »

The first half of 2018 had quite a few wonderful memories relating to HHW.  A few months later in June 2018, George, Jane and Keith, and TCB came to the Redmond, Washington production of THE LAST STARFIGHTER, and we had a Pacific Northwest gathering.   

Freddie

« Reply #88 on: April 07, 2024, 02:05:15 PM »

Jane and Keith were also wonderful enough to drive me to the Seattle airport.

Freddie

« Reply #89 on: April 07, 2024, 02:06:40 PM »

And George (with TCB) drove me from the hotel to the theater and back again after the show.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up