Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE FRUITFUL DAY SANS FRUIT  (Read 25580 times)

Tomovoz

Re:THE FRUITFUL DAY SANS FRUIT
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2005, 10:39:52 PM »

Pseudo Echo DR FJL . An OZ band of course!
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 10:47:15 PM by Tomovoz »
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2005, 10:41:36 PM »

The Benson version was from the film DR td.

The Olivor version is the BEST.  But then I love her work. Don't think it was issued as a pop single though.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #182 on: August 27, 2005, 10:42:40 PM »

And of course just for TCB Jane recorded a duet with Mr Pitney.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #183 on: August 27, 2005, 10:43:18 PM »

Back from Major Dundee, about which more later.

I've been on match.com at the goading of a friend.  I never e-mailed anyone, but did get lot of people e-mailing me - went out with one or two, but didn't care for it.

Cillaliz

« Reply #184 on: August 27, 2005, 10:50:51 PM »

Showoff. :( ;)

Actually, I have an ad on match.com also (don't ask which ::)).  A woman that I work with has an ad on match.com (she talked me into placing my ad) and has met a few real losers...but she has met a couple of guys that are really nice.  One guy actually moved in with her but then reality set in.  He wasn't a jerk, but it just didn't work out.  They moved in with each other (into her house) way too soon, so that was their fault.  They didn't really allow enough time for them to get to know each other.  Oh, well...live and learn.

No, I'm not showing off. I was on Match.com a few years ago and did suffer through a number of days before anyone even winked at me.  That wasn't too pleasant.  I met a couple real losers last time, so I'm very well aware that they are out there.

FJL

« Reply #185 on: August 27, 2005, 10:54:53 PM »

Thanks, DR Tomozov.  I never knew the name of the group, just that I liked their sound.  A commericlal based on the original "Funkytown" recording had been playing on CNN a lot, and I kept thinking how much I'd rather be listening to the cover version.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #186 on: August 27, 2005, 10:58:36 PM »

Sweet bull o' the woods! A day of entertainments...

Went and saw 40 YEAR OLD VIRGIN on 34th street, where movies are still merely $9.50. How depressing the previews were for coming attractions, I must say. One film revolves almost entirely around workers at a Bennigan's-type place doing awful things to food before serving it. Then a bunch of other bad-looking things that I hope to never see.

As for the feature itself. Good laughs, kind of unique tone, alternating between sophomoric and heartfelt adult comedy. By "adult" I mean like the George Segal movies my folks used to go see on dates. It kinda went on about 20 minutes too long, but Steve Carrell's performance is quite good. Much preferable to his work on the office.

Cillaliz

« Reply #187 on: August 27, 2005, 11:02:22 PM »

DR Rodzinski, is that a thumbs up? I was thinking about going to the matinee tomorrow.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #188 on: August 27, 2005, 11:07:01 PM »

Then the Punk and I wandered a bit, and went to Virgin MegaCrowd and bought us some DVDs, two of which we proceeded to watch, one of which was ALL THAT JAZZ, which we shall save.

THE BOATNIKS, directed by BK's former collaborator Norman Tokar (not to be confused with Norman Taurog or Norman Z. McLeod). There was every chance that the movie would fail my expectations, but it did not. For three reasons: Phil Silvers, Robert Morse and Stef Powers. Don't get me wrong, the movie is dumb. Too much of the mindless slapstick that was de rigeur in Disney films of that time. But Morse and Powers have a real chemistry in the few scenes where they can act together, and BK's pal Silvers does his thing well with some funny asides and obnoxious bravado.

Wally Cox has a small role that could really have been interesting in another studio's hands.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2005, 11:11:25 PM by Rodzinski »

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #189 on: August 27, 2005, 11:10:29 PM »

Yes,  Cillaliz, recommended, unless you have any issues at all with watching scenes of sexual discussions of extremely detailed nature.

FJL

« Reply #190 on: August 27, 2005, 11:12:48 PM »

Oh my God, I keep looking at the time on these posts and forgetting how late it is here in New York.  :)  

Good night, all.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #191 on: August 27, 2005, 11:13:07 PM »

Then we watched  WET HOT AMERICAN SUMMER, which has among its outtakes a very brief reference to Frances Farmer, in case JRand and JMK did not know that already.

Crazy movie. Really fun and absurd.

Cillaliz

« Reply #192 on: August 27, 2005, 11:13:59 PM »

Yes,  Cillaliz, recommended, unless you have any issues at all with watching scenes of sexual discussions of extremely detailed nature.

Moi? I don't think so ;)

Cillaliz

« Reply #193 on: August 27, 2005, 11:15:02 PM »

Good heavens, it is late. I need to get some sleep....night all

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #194 on: August 27, 2005, 11:18:19 PM »

In the above photo, if you look just to the left and below Nick's ear you will see the back of Tommy Sands' head.

Isn't this also a quote from Oliver Stone's JFK??

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #195 on: August 27, 2005, 11:19:30 PM »

Moi? I don't think so ;)

Good, what's your phone number?   :o

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #196 on: August 27, 2005, 11:24:32 PM »

No, I'm not showing off. I was on Match.com a few years ago and did suffer through a number of days before anyone even winked at me.  That wasn't too pleasant.  I met a couple real losers last time, so I'm very well aware that they are out there.

About five and a half years ago, I placed an ad on love.com (it's very different now than what it was like back then) and I actually met one guy.  We really hit it off and we dated for about three and a half years!  The only real reason that we broke up was that he lives in Seattle and I live in Olympia and he didn't (and doesn't) have a car, so I would always have to be the one to drive up to Seattle and try and find (and sometimes pay for) parking.  That was the only real hassle.  We were very compatible and we've remained very good friends.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #197 on: August 27, 2005, 11:25:16 PM »

The only reason I said "showoff" was because I haven't gotten ANY response. :'(
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #198 on: August 27, 2005, 11:29:29 PM »

Yet. ::)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #199 on: August 27, 2005, 11:51:50 PM »

Regarding August Wilson, I am in agreement with you, SWoody. That is a real gaffe.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #200 on: August 27, 2005, 11:52:22 PM »

Jose, did you end up nixing the gig?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #201 on: August 27, 2005, 11:53:53 PM »

Good Evening!  Good Morning!

Back from a very nice night on the town.  Very much an impromptu evening.  -If that makes sense.

Now to read the rest of the posts...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #202 on: August 27, 2005, 11:55:24 PM »

DR Rodzinski - I'll know tomorrow.  The meeting sort of fell-thru earlier this afternoon - cell phone issues on both ends.  So...

Are you and TPunk up for brunch in a couple of hours?  Just call me or respond here.  :)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #203 on: August 27, 2005, 11:55:39 PM »

And now I'm reading/catching up...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up