Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: KRITZERLAND 126  (Read 713 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: KRITZERLAND 126
« Reply #150 on: May 23, 2024, 11:23:42 PM »

Is there gaslighting going on?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #151 on: May 23, 2024, 11:23:47 PM »

See?

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #152 on: May 23, 2024, 11:53:28 PM »

TOD:

I don't know of any one specific concert I wish I had attended, but I do wish I would have had the chance to see Streisand, Midler, Simon and Garfunkel, and The Beatles live in a concert.

The only one of these people that I've see live is Art Garfunkel.  He came to the Washington Center and put on a great solo show. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #153 on: May 23, 2024, 11:59:50 PM »

Topic of the Day:  I would've loved to have seen Bette Midler and Barry Manilow live in their Continental Baths performances, which amazingly was filmed and is actually on YouTube!  Here's the link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOrzpQeJyKI
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #154 on: May 24, 2024, 12:06:09 AM »

And look what arrived today!! ;D

George

« Reply #155 on: May 24, 2024, 12:06:52 AM »

Last night one man was missing for Scandal/Outrage so of course when we do the run thru tonight he will have NEVER done it....and he's not none too all the ball even when he's been rehearsed several times.

I guess I will walk through his part and have him record it on his telephone....and give him an Easy Sheet of the staging so he can review it over the LONG weekend.....AS IF.

There always seems to be one. ::)

George

« Reply #156 on: May 24, 2024, 12:09:42 AM »

And speaking of Greece, my friends Michael (the TAO president) and his wife Heather (she played Joyce in TAO's production of The Brain from Planet X) are in Greece right now, and Michael sent me this picture just a couple of hours ago:
« Last Edit: May 24, 2024, 12:42:08 AM by George »

George

« Reply #157 on: May 24, 2024, 12:14:33 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  I still have a sore throat and stuffy head. 

Sorry, feel better.

Thanks, DR Jane.  At least I don’t have Covid.

Very good news, Ginny!

George

« Reply #158 on: May 24, 2024, 12:19:50 AM »

Topic of the Day:

I have seen Patti LuPone, Bernadette Peters, and Mandy Patinkin (separately) live in concert, and Betty Buckley in Sunset Boulevard, as well as Julie Andrews in Victor/Victoria, so those got covered. :)

George

« Reply #159 on: May 24, 2024, 12:24:38 AM »

I think I'd like to have seen some cabaret performers:

Billie Holiday
Eartha Kitt
Andrea Marcovicci
Amanda McBroom
Bobby Short

George

« Reply #160 on: May 24, 2024, 12:25:16 AM »

And ANY (or all ;) ) of the Kritzerland shows!

George

« Reply #161 on: May 24, 2024, 12:27:32 AM »

Craig Brockman just sent me this article from Movie Web - twenty under appreciated film musicals. As I scrolled down the list, I wondered what ARE these movies and is there anything on this list pre-1990? And then guess what appeared as I kept scrolling - The First Nudie Musical. Followed by a favorite of mine, The Young Girls of Rochefort. Anyway, he wrote very nice things about our little motion picture. Take a gander. Just scroll until you find it. https://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/tripideas/20-underrated-cult-musicals-that-deserve-your-attention/ar-BB1iXIFw?ocid=entnewsntp&pc=U531&cvid=c8ff64a875314909ad895ee095554c83&ei=42&fbclid=IwZXh0bgNhZW0CMTAAAR19CqKb4Vl_Zbi5twaIYq7SgI9PQLg6MBfaMmzE1Od0vmz3F_PeBdRpvRk_aem_AUJVePTtZeUj9ENhYOW2HouBtRsH1jAciCUG7-M_nqFbMPywbH5m0r6hnevMc7MOnpZ8GEN9SSddcEnI5yU_MbPZ

That's really cool, BK! 

George

« Reply #162 on: May 24, 2024, 12:28:26 AM »

They also mention Cannibal! The Musical!  Theater Artists Olympia did the stage version twice and I was in both productions. :)

George

« Reply #163 on: May 24, 2024, 12:31:51 AM »

Another movie that they mention is a science fiction movie called The American Astronaut, and the whole move is on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=COxhvqWWxSU

It's at a very low resolution, though.

George

« Reply #164 on: May 24, 2024, 12:33:45 AM »

I just did a random search on the movie and saw that it was on YouTube, and then I clicked a random spot in the movie and saw that Tom Aldridge (the original Narrator in Into the Woods) is in it! 

George

« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2024, 12:34:19 AM »

The cats I know from that book could get their act together and pull it off, I know that much.   

;D

Maybe Nancy Ford and Gretchen Cryer would allow a production called "I'm Getting My Cats Together and Taking Them to the Bank" :)

:))

George

« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2024, 12:36:31 AM »

I listened to the German-language recording of Next to Normal today. In some ways, I think it surpasses the OBC.

I have that recording.  I also really like it. 

George

« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2024, 12:36:43 AM »

And I also have the original Korean cast recording. :)

George

« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2024, 12:37:09 AM »

I haven't listened to that in quite a while, so I don't remember how it compares.

George

« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2024, 12:38:00 AM »

This could be Healthy Burgers.

Are you sure??

;)

George

« Reply #170 on: May 24, 2024, 12:39:04 AM »

George

« Reply #171 on: May 24, 2024, 12:40:17 AM »

No George?

I don't know what you're talking about. ::)

George

« Reply #172 on: May 24, 2024, 12:40:27 AM »

:D

George

« Reply #173 on: May 24, 2024, 12:43:50 AM »

So, my sister is going to have a garage sale on Saturday.

George

« Reply #174 on: May 24, 2024, 12:44:16 AM »

I'm going to bring over some things...knick-knacks and some shirts that don't fit (but are in great condition).

George

« Reply #175 on: May 24, 2024, 12:44:43 AM »

My friend Shelly will also bring some stuff to sell, so hopefully we'll all make a little bit o' cash.

George

« Reply #176 on: May 24, 2024, 12:53:01 AM »

Tomorrow night will start the last weekend of TAO's The King in Yellow.

George

« Reply #177 on: May 24, 2024, 12:53:32 AM »

It turns out that this was our second biggest seller since moving into the space at the mall!

George

« Reply #178 on: May 24, 2024, 12:57:27 AM »

We have the kids show put on by Juice Box Theatre (one weekend a month) and then we're doing tick, tick... BOOM! at the end of June through the middle of July.

George

« Reply #179 on: May 24, 2024, 12:58:15 AM »

There won't be performances at all during the weekend of the Fourth of July, though...just WAY too much competition. ;)
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up