Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: TICKLED PINK  (Read 26859 times)

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
Re:TICKLED PINK
« Reply #30 on: August 30, 2005, 08:27:23 AM »

Oh, there you are, DR Hisaka! Glad you could give us some info on your celebration.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #31 on: August 30, 2005, 08:29:39 AM »

Happy B-day, DR Hisaka!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #32 on: August 30, 2005, 08:30:37 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR Hisaka!

Did you end up having an omakase for you birthday meal?
Make Your Own Luck.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: August 30, 2005, 08:31:17 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Heureux Anniversaire, Cher Hisaka![/move]
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: August 30, 2005, 08:31:27 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR Hisaka!!!!! I suppose when she reads these greetings, it will be near the end of her birthday celebration.

Happy Birthday anyway!  :D

Yes, my birthday is/was YESTERDAY now.
Thank you, anyway!  ;)

Matt H.

« Reply #35 on: August 30, 2005, 08:31:32 AM »

I tried to do a Page 2 Dance and just could not get it to take.

So here's a VERY SLOW Page 2 Dance!  

;D

Jennifer

« Reply #36 on: August 30, 2005, 08:32:30 AM »

I heard something so upsetting on CNN re: Katrina.  They were saying that a lot of people had to leave their pets behind.  I can't even imagine having to do that.

Also, I had CNN on when I fell asleep, so I was sort of half-listening, half-dreaming about what was happening.  I remember hearing about this hospital (i think it NO) where they were considering calling for help (since the water was rising). Only problem is most of the patients were critical care. I don't even want to think about how or where they would move these people.

Good vibes for all involved. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Matt H.

« Reply #37 on: August 30, 2005, 08:32:47 AM »

Good morning, DR Ron! I hope your allergies are treating you with respect today.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 08:33:20 AM by Matt H. »

Jason

« Reply #38 on: August 30, 2005, 08:33:29 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Heureux Anniversaire, Cher Hisaka![/move]

It's Cher's birthday, too??

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: August 30, 2005, 08:34:30 AM »

Good Morning!

Well... Hmm...

The jack-hammering of the sidewalk outside my window started around 7:30 this morning... and didn't end until around 9:15.  Needless to say, I was not a happy camper, well, at least not a happy person trying to sleep.  Neither were my roomies.  Unfortunately, the sound of a jackhammer is not one that is easy to muffle.  I went back to sleep around 9:30, and got up around 11:00.  And now I'm feeling a bit queasy.  But, otherwise, I'm doing fine.

Good morning!
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #40 on: August 30, 2005, 08:35:52 AM »

Thank you, DR Jennifer, for the link to new season info on shows. I have read descriptions of all of them almost from the time they were announced in May, but there are so many new ones (and lots of Sci-fi oriented ones) that some have kind of faded in my memory.

The FALL Preview edition of TV GUIDE comes out next week, and once it arrives, I'll have the shows more firmly in my mind than I have right now.

Jennifer

« Reply #41 on: August 30, 2005, 08:36:19 AM »

Not sure if anyone else will care. But this makes me very happy:

Kaysar (from Big Brother) on The Young and The Restless

Copied from CBS Web Page:

Big Brother 6 Houseguest Kaysar Ridha Visits Genoa City
Big Brother 6 contestant Kaysar Ridha will make his daytime debut on The Young and the Restless. He will tape scenes with series regulars SHARON CASE (Sharon) and DON DIAMONT (Brad), in which he plays a magazine editor aboard the Newman Jet.

The 25-year-old Iraqi-American and graphic designer, from Irvine, California, was eliminated for a second time from the Big Brother 6 competition on Thursday, August 18, one week after American television viewers voted him back into the house after his first elimination.

Kaysar will tape Thursday, September 1 and the episode will air on Wednesday, October 5.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2005, 08:36:58 AM »

I never realized how truly dreadful the 2004-05 TV season was until they began re-runs.

ENOUGH already.  

Let's just "call the hour of death" and move on.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2005, 08:37:39 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.

The bush trimmers started up (as they do every Tuesday) at eight - as soon as they know that they've awakened everyone within a three block radius they're finished.

I did indeed meet Kathy Kohner (Gidget) at the last rival celeb show at the Garland.  I even bought her book.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: August 30, 2005, 08:37:47 AM »

Again, I'd like to thank to every dear readers who gave me warm and beautiful birthday wishes. Thank you!

Jennifer

« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2005, 08:37:56 AM »

I'm not sure when the Fall Preview tv guide comes out here. I may even be able to get it in a day or two.  There is another mag that has great fall previews (i think it's US weekly).

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2005, 08:38:06 AM »

On the brighter side, I've been seriously enjoying several of the local PBS channels.

Why, I'd never seen a Ruth Rendell Mystery until last night.  And it was fascinating, as was the last installment of "The Lost Prince," which I must try to catch in its entirety.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2005, 08:39:02 AM »

I've also become a frequent watcher of The Weather Channel, what with Katrina and all stirring up stuff.

It's quite fascinating, actually, although I've not yet gotten a grasp on the significance of "millibars."

Matt H.

« Reply #48 on: August 30, 2005, 08:39:02 AM »

And I was reading an issue of OUT magazine last night before turning out the light, and I was surprised that several new shows are going to have gay characters as part of the mix, more than I was expecting. So that was a trifle encouraging now that QUEER AS FOLK and SIX FEET UNDER are no longer on.

Jason

« Reply #49 on: August 30, 2005, 08:40:21 AM »

I heard something so upsetting on CNN re: Katrina.  They were saying that a lot of people had to leave their pets behind.  I can't even imagine having to do that.

Also, I had CNN on when I fell asleep, so I was sort of half-listening, half-dreaming about what was happening.  I remember hearing about this hospital (i think it NO) where they were considering calling for help (since the water was rising). Only problem is most of the patients were critical care. I don't even want to think about how or where they would move these people.

Good vibes for all involved. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I was reading CNN.com's coverage of Katrina today. Apparently portions of New Orleans are under 20+ feet of water and they have no estimate of how many people have died. It's a gruesome image, but they had reports of bodies floating in the water. Just horrifying...

They also said that the Big Easy may be without power for four to six weeks. I can't even fathom that. They're saying the water is rising rapidly and that Tulane University Hospital has already had to move their emergency room to the second floor because the water has reached the top of the first floor.

It is true that some had to leave their pets behind, but not everyone. Here's a picture from the "Citizen Journalist" section of CNN.com. The caption reads, "Rob Chappell of New Orleans says dogs waited patiently from the safety of a pet-friendly hotel to see how the storm affected their homes." Let's hope they get to go home soon...

Matt H.

« Reply #50 on: August 30, 2005, 08:42:40 AM »

I never realized how truly dreadful the 2004-05 TV season was until they began re-runs.

ENOUGH already.  

Let's just "call the hour of death" and move on.

Huh? Any season that gives me LOST, VERONICA MARS, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, RESCUE ME, THE COMEBACK, and EYES (the last sadly canceled) is more than welcome at my house.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #51 on: August 30, 2005, 08:43:42 AM »

There are a few "sci-fi/fantasy" series debuting on primetime major networks this fall, too.

"The Ghost Whisperer" is one (ripping off "The Medium"), and another one has to do with an alien invasion (but apparently as microorganisms).

I'm more jazzed about "Survivor" starting up on Sept. 15.  Unless NBC relocates "Joey" from its 8 p.m. slot, it may be the deathknell of that inferior TV comedy spin-off.

Matt H.

« Reply #52 on: August 30, 2005, 08:44:05 AM »

I read that the French Quarter came through Katrina very well. There's a tiny bit of solace in that, I suppose.

Matt H.

« Reply #53 on: August 30, 2005, 08:46:48 AM »

There are THREE alien invasion shows, one each on CBS, NBC, and ABC. And then there's NIGHT STALKER, the update on KOLCHAK THE NIGHT STALKER which has the bad luck to be slotted opposite CSI. But I'll be watching CSI and recording NIGHT STALKER.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #54 on: August 30, 2005, 08:47:22 AM »

Speaking of "inferior" spin-offs, Lifetime has been airing episodes of "The Golden Palace," the horribly un-entertaining, un-funny spin-off of "The Golden Girls" that lasted a season (I think).

Lifetime said "You asked for it and now You've got it!"

I want to know WHO asked for it and WHY?

Except for Beatrice Arthur, everyone is back, including directors, producers, production team and writers.

And yet...they don't have a clue what makes a show funny.  A show other than "The Golden Girls," that is.

Cheech Marin cannot and does not help matters a bit.  As "Chuy", he is unbelievably bad.  Sophia and Rose cannot BUY a funny line.

It's dreadful and then some.

I think undertakers would have a better grasp on what's funny!

« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 08:48:51 AM by Ron Pulliam »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #55 on: August 30, 2005, 08:48:19 AM »

And in brighter news, it appears the TV does indeed work! Unfortunately, the only thing I can find to watch right now is "The View".

:-\

*I just happened to flip by when they were introducing Willy Ames and Jackee... Since they were "contestants" on "Celebrity Fit Club 2"- I guess I missed series 1.   Oh... And Willy Ames got all those tattoos...  Hmm... Ah, well...
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: August 30, 2005, 08:50:25 AM »

Willy Ames with tattoos? What a waste!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #57 on: August 30, 2005, 08:52:50 AM »

Huh? Any season that gives me LOST, VERONICA MARS, DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES, RESCUE ME, THE COMEBACK, and EYES (the last sadly canceled) is more than welcome at my house.

Well at my house, these shows are not being RE-aired lately.

I've never heard of "Rescue Me" and "The Comeback".

I'm not involved in "Veronica Mars" despite a couple of efforts at watching it.

It's all in the eyes of the beholder/viewer, I suppose.

But give me this: You listed only SIX shows....out of HOW MANY that aired???

As for the shows I did watch, like "Lost" and "Desperate Housewives"....frankly, after seeing the first-season episodes two times during "regular season", the SUMMER re-runs are deadsville.

They produce enough shows to sustain 5 months...and we still have 7 months to allow them to be regurgitated a couple of more times.  Most shows cannot hold up to such scrutiny.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2005, 08:54:33 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: August 30, 2005, 08:55:35 AM »

Now, favorite theater books:

THE SEASON

BROADWAY MUSICALS and MORE BROADWAY MUSICALS

SONDHEIM & CO.

SONDHEIM (Gottfried)

BROADWAY MUSICALS: The 101 Greatest Shows of All Time

NOT SINCE CARRIE

A CHORUS LINE AND THE MUSICALS OF MICHAEL BENNETT

THE WORLD OF MUSICAL COMEDY (Stanley Green)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #59 on: August 30, 2005, 08:57:34 AM »

IIRC, the new Survivor is in Guatemala.

I'd like to see them do "Survivor: The Hindu Kush" or "Survivor: The Khyber Pass" or "Survivor: Tibet".
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11   Go Up