Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: CHECKING INTO THE HOTEL WITH THE KEATING SOUND  (Read 3458 times)

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: CHECKING INTO THE HOTEL WITH THE KEATING SOUND
« Reply #60 on: June 09, 2024, 07:20:41 AM »

The conservatory founded in 1905 to the consternation of Harold Hill.
....it has an undertaste.....

Freddie

• The poster formerly known as FJL
« Reply #61 on: June 09, 2024, 07:21:31 AM »

Today, if my calendar is correct, is Sunday.

Today at 11 a.m., I shall meet my cousin Butch and his fiancee Sharon for lunch.

Afterward, i shall stop at Third Generation Restaurant and pick up my dinner.

Then, it's Zoom time.

I'm in a rut!

Sounds like a wonderful rut to be in!
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Something like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

Freddie

« Reply #62 on: June 09, 2024, 07:22:05 AM »

Ooh, Page 3 so early!
This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.  Something like that only happens two or three times in a person's life!

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
« Reply #63 on: June 09, 2024, 07:23:30 AM »

Sounds like so much fun DR RON PULLIAM.

Do cousins still have the wonderful relationships we do?

Perhaps it is a thing of the past.

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
« Reply #64 on: June 09, 2024, 07:24:35 AM »

I would like to have a cousin named Butch.

I have Daryl and Steve and Danny.....among others.

Jrand74

• Rosemary's Baby
« Reply #65 on: June 09, 2024, 07:32:57 AM »

Beautiful weather in Indiana.....and I have NO PLACE I have to go.  I have some work to do.....at my lay-sure - as Bunny Watson would say.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #66 on: June 09, 2024, 08:21:43 AM »

PEE-ru was also the winter home of the Ringling Brothers Circus.

Do you mean summer?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #67 on: June 09, 2024, 08:22:20 AM »

I would like to have a cousin named Butch.

I have Daryl and Steve and Danny.....among others.

I have no male cousins.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #68 on: June 09, 2024, 08:24:11 AM »

Starting the day with ballet, Prokofiev’s The Stone Flower. The music is lovely.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: June 09, 2024, 09:30:37 AM »

I think I will listen to The New Yorkers today.

What an excellent choice!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #70 on: June 09, 2024, 09:31:29 AM »

Thanks for sharing some of your family's story, DR Freddie.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2024, 09:39:45 AM »

This may explain why Judge Aileen Cannon is keeping Trump's documents trial in limbo.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2024, 09:40:31 AM »

I'd like to see that Cannon bitch impeached.

John G.

« Reply #73 on: June 09, 2024, 09:41:40 AM »

I fell asleep after five minutes and woke up to applause after an hour. Guess I have to play this at night.
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #74 on: June 09, 2024, 09:42:09 AM »

It took me all morning but I've accomplished so much in housecleaning, which now takes me twice as long as it used to.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #75 on: June 09, 2024, 10:00:26 AM »

Since we've been talking the last couple of days about families involvement with the concentration camps and WWII, here's more on our family.

Hitler couldn't destroy my dad's section of the Landau family, but Lady Macbeth was able to do that.  The tag line for my stories about Joann could be -

Don't miss HITLER 2
"She converted to Judaism and proceeded to completely finish off the Holocaust survivor family that the Nazi's couldn't finish off."

My father was a Holocaust survivor who lived to 100-1/2, passing away (from Covid) in February 2021. He had written his memories of the Holocaust by hand, planning at the time to form them into a book. We had his notes typed up, and a cousin put Dad's narrative online pretty much verbatim (though occasionally some words were just not legible to us, so instead of guessing what he was writing, we just noted that the specific words here and there were hard to read.  We wanted that to remain entirely in Dad's words.).

https://www.drohobycz-boryslaw.org/images/intros/families/satri/kodesh/Nats_memoirs_vol_2_and_prayer_for___________family_as_is_on_9-21-2013.pdf

hoping to add his voice to the cry of "Never again," whether or not we're actually able to create the book Dad had once planned.

That's amazing, Freddie.  Thanks for sharing.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

John G.

« Reply #76 on: June 09, 2024, 10:09:29 AM »

For the past two days I have been cleaning out and rearranging my spice cabinet. I have three unopened jars of marjoram. Don’t ask why. I cut three containers of basil down to two, two jars of mustard seeds to one, and who knows what all else. I inherited another person’s spices, so I now have more arrowroot than any one person needs. And I have bay leaves for more than a hundred stews. It’s going slowly. But I hope to get it done today.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: June 09, 2024, 10:17:05 AM »

An email from Footlight Records teveals another Albert Hague musical: Miss Moffatt with Bette Davis.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #78 on: June 09, 2024, 10:20:34 AM »

From DR Rodzinski:

Here’s Andy doing it live.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=5jKIHnAnouU&pp=ygUkYW5keSB3aWxsaWFtcyBkYXlzIG9mIHdpbmUgYW5kIHJvc2Vz

I have always loved this song, especially sung by Williams.

Jane

« Reply #79 on: June 09, 2024, 10:26:38 AM »

I did not see the film when it first came out.  I saw it later at a time when I really needed to understand about alcoholism and what was happening with my mother.

Jane

« Reply #80 on: June 09, 2024, 10:27:58 AM »

From DR George:

Tomorrow, the family is coming over to my place for our quasi-weekly family meal to see the progress on my place.

I just love all the help you have been getting and that your family will be over to see your progress :)

Jane

« Reply #81 on: June 09, 2024, 10:38:38 AM »

My mom was a Holocaust refugee who came over on a boat at about eight years old, but her parents and sister were not able to get on the boat.  Just as my Dad wanted every detail of his experience with the Nazis known, Mom preferred not to talk about it. 

My mom chose to go with the feeling that, as far as her life in America was concerned , the family (by birth, her aunt and uncle) that took her in and accepted her as their daughter, whose son (by birth, her first cousin) accepted her as his sister - were her parents and brother.  And their families always treated us as Mom being their daughter and sister, respectively.

Your mother was very fortunate to have a loving family.  Was she on the boat with them?

Jane

« Reply #82 on: June 09, 2024, 10:49:38 AM »

Since we've been talking the last couple of days about families involvement with the concentration camps and WWII, here's more on our family.

Hitler couldn't destroy my dad's section of the Landau family, but Lady Macbeth was able to do that.  The tag line for my stories about Joann could be -

Don't miss HITLER 2
"She converted to Judaism and proceeded to completely finish off the Holocaust survivor family that the Nazi's couldn't finish off."

My father was a Holocaust survivor who lived to 100-1/2, passing away (from Covid) in February 2021. He had written his memories of the Holocaust by hand, planning at the time to form them into a book. We had his notes typed up, and a cousin put Dad's narrative online pretty much verbatim (though occasionally some words were just not legible to us, so instead of guessing what he was writing, we just noted that the specific words here and there were hard to read.  We wanted that to remain entirely in Dad's words.).

https://www.drohobycz-boryslaw.org/images/intros/families/satri/kodesh/Nats_memoirs_vol_2_and_prayer_for___________family_as_is_on_9-21-2013.pdf

hoping to add his voice to the cry of "Never again," whether or not we're actually able to create the book Dad had once planned.

This is very interesting and wonderful that you have it.  Unfortunately I could not read too much of it as it hurt my eyes to read it.

Jane

« Reply #83 on: June 09, 2024, 10:51:47 AM »

A question for DR Jrand73, since you just op'ned --

How often, in the "post-covid" era, does your theeder suffer from notable low attendance? It almost doesn't matter what the play or musical is here, attendance is deplorable.

Okay, there are indeed exceptions. But in general...

:(

Jane

« Reply #84 on: June 09, 2024, 10:53:27 AM »

As a former employee of the state of Indiana in the Indiana State Department of Redundancy Department......I can't tell you how accurate Parks & Recreation was.

;D

Jane

« Reply #85 on: June 09, 2024, 10:55:12 AM »

Today, if my calendar is correct, is Sunday.

Today at 11 a.m., I shall meet my cousin Butch and his fiancee Sharon for lunch.

Afterward, i shall stop at Third Generation Restaurant and pick up my dinner.

Then, it's Zoom time.

I'm in a rut!

Sounds like a wonderful rut to be in!

I was thinking the same thing.

Freddie

« Reply #86 on: June 09, 2024, 10:56:07 AM »

Don't miss HITLER 2

That's amazing, Freddie.  Thanks for sharing.

Thank you so much, George!

Freddie

« Reply #87 on: June 09, 2024, 11:00:05 AM »

My mom was a Holocaust refugee who came over on a boat at about eight years old, but her parents and sister were not able to get on the boat.  Just as my Dad wanted every detail of his experience with the Nazis known, Mom preferred not to talk about it. 

My mom chose to go with the feeling that, as far as her life in America was concerned , the family (by birth, her aunt and uncle) that took her in and accepted her as their daughter, whose son (by birth, her first cousin) accepted her as his sister - were her parents and brother.  And their families always treated us as Mom being their daughter and sister, respectively.

Your mother was very fortunate to have a loving family.  Was she on the boat with them?

The relatives that she joined were already in the U.S. 

John G.

« Reply #88 on: June 09, 2024, 11:17:09 AM »

Almost to 4
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #89 on: June 09, 2024, 11:17:18 AM »

One to go.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up