Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: WHEN THE MOOD STRIKES ME  (Read 35795 times)

François de Paris

Re:WHEN THE MOOD STRIKES ME
« Reply #240 on: September 03, 2005, 09:53:40 PM »

And I never said Schuck "sucks".  He's very good.  It's just that new song sounds terrible sung by him.

I never said you said it! I SAID it! Just to play with the words!
You'll allow me that, will you not? ;)
Thanks!

François de Paris

« Reply #241 on: September 03, 2005, 09:54:53 PM »

Dance!
Let's dance the New Deal Rag!

Come on Annie! Dance! (Aaaah, little girls! Thank Heaven!)

François de Paris

« Reply #242 on: September 03, 2005, 10:02:17 PM »

I just finished watching a lovely dvd called DONKEY SKIN (Peau D'ane) which I enjoyed immensely.  Must make a note to myself to watch more Jacques Demy films. . .or films with Jacques Perrin in them.

Well, Jacques Perrin produced and acted in LES CHORISTES! You'll get to see the way he looks today... and one of his sons has a part in it too!

For your eyes only:

Daddy and son Maxence!

http://pepinot.skyblog.com/pics/39464524.jpg

François de Paris

« Reply #243 on: September 03, 2005, 10:03:46 PM »

During the filming of Les Choristes, Maxence makes fun of Papa Jacques!

http://pepinot.skyblog.com/pics/39334536.jpg

td

• td
« Reply #244 on: September 03, 2005, 10:23:45 PM »

Merci!  He is still tres beau!   ;)
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #245 on: September 03, 2005, 10:50:53 PM »

Good Evening!

I ended up meeting up with my friend, Andy, and we went to see "The Constant Gardener".  We both liked it a lot, a very engrossing story.  -And lots of close-ups of Ralph Fiennes amazing eyes!  The one "technical" aspect I kept wondering about throughout the film, is just how does one coordinate crowd scenes?  And there are a lot of them in this movie.  Along with some very stunning, beautiful, heart-wrenching and sobering images of the people and country of Kenya.

Afterwards, it was over to the Silver Diner for a semi-late dinner.  Andy had their Chicken Fried Steak breakfast (eggs scrambled, hash browns and a biscuit), and I had the Fried Clams Platter (house salad with feta vinaigrette, french fries and a biscuit).  All very good.  And our drinks - iced tea and lemonade - came in some of the largest tumblers I've ever seen in a restaurant, about a six-cup capacity if not seven.  We didn't have to ask for refills.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #246 on: September 03, 2005, 10:54:52 PM »

And it was/is a glorious evening here in Fairfax.  Very cool, and the sky is clear.

We went to check out his sister's new house which is currently being fixer-uppered.  It's quite the house!  It was originally a log cabin, but then a separate kitchen and den were built onto it as well as a second floor.  The walls of the living room are the original logs.  The place sits on just over two acres of land.  There's a small farm and a chicken coop, as well as a nice open field.  It's a good distance from the lights of DC, so the starry sky looked quite spectacular from there.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #247 on: September 03, 2005, 10:57:10 PM »

Well I'm going to wussburger. It's late and I'm all posted out for tonight.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #248 on: September 03, 2005, 11:05:54 PM »

Oh No, William Rhenquist just died. Bush is going to get another Supreme Court Justice..

Surely you suspected that this second appointment would come within his term. If you hope for a moderating influence on W's appointments, sooner is probably better than later. He still has three more years to wrestle with Congress and might have a tendency to compromise a bit. Also, I suspect that the Congress will stall on Roberts until they see a Bush replacement nomination for both the vacant seat and the Chief's hat. With all these factors in play at once, the odds are better for a down-the-middle compromise. Bush will leave both seats vacant before he nominates someone that the left-of-center Senators would accept.

As I have previously posted, I don't think you can find 60 Senate votes for either a demonstrably pro-choice, nor a demonstrably pro-life nominee. That leaves only judicial geldings in the race - professional jurors who can convince an audience that that have no pre-conceived opinion on the choice issue - know any lawyers hiding in a cave in Tibet?

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #249 on: September 03, 2005, 11:06:24 PM »

RE: Charities and Where the money goes...

A friend of mine sat through the pitch for one of the police organizations which was soliciting for donations for their "benevolent fund".  After almost agreeing to donate some money to the cause, he asked for more information about how the funds were distributed - which by law, they are required to disclose.  Well, it turned out that only 17% of the money made it to the "benevolent fund".  The rest of it went towards administrative costs of the telemarketing company, and there was also a set percentage that the telemarketing company would receive for each dollar pledged.  In short, more money was "given" to the telemarketing company than was given to the police.

And another example of misdirected funds are some of those homeless advocacy groups that line the streets of New York City asking for dollars, quarters, pennies to be put into their collection buckets - which are old water bottles from water coolers.  Well... It turns out a majority of those funds also go to the company and not to the homeless.  And sometimes the collectors - who may or may not be homeless themselves - are paid directly from the bottle.  -I've seen that happen with my own eyes.  They just tip the bottle, count out some change and bills, and leave while the next shift comes in and gets set up.

It truly is sad the Charity may not always be charitous.

(is that a word - charitous??)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #250 on: September 03, 2005, 11:07:49 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Great pics!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #251 on: September 03, 2005, 11:08:25 PM »

DR Jason - Great pics!  -Hope your camera isn't truly broken.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: September 03, 2005, 11:09:53 PM »

Well... I, too, must WUSSBURGER now...  *And remember, it's already 2:10AM here on the East Coast!  So there!

:P

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #253 on: September 03, 2005, 11:12:04 PM »

Jacques Perrin also appears in Demy's Young Girls of Rochefort - he's never looked better than in that film.  He's also in Cinema Paradiso.

I had a nice brisk two mile walk, and am now watching the Smothers Brothers documentary.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #254 on: September 03, 2005, 11:12:48 PM »

Just another of those confounding mysteries about computers.

Not that mysterious - although our site allows attachments of up to 200KB, most of her pix were in the the 30-40KB range. Had she used 200MB size files, the page loading would have been impacted.

der duty-techno-nerd Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #255 on: September 03, 2005, 11:58:44 PM »

Not only do we have a lull, the jernt is empty on account of WUSSBURGERS.  It's a holiday, for heaven's sake.  Who needs to sleep?
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up