Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SOPHISTICATED ME  (Read 63669 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:SOPHISTICATED ME
« Reply #120 on: September 05, 2005, 07:03:32 PM »

I'm not going on any flight, so I don't get hot chocolate chip cookies, but I have cookies and cream ice cream...almost as good! :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: September 05, 2005, 07:03:41 PM »

We'll have to exchange cell phone numbers via email so we can find each other more easily
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 07:05:00 PM by Cillaliz »

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: September 05, 2005, 07:07:46 PM »

We'll have to exchange cell phone numbers via email so we can find each other more easily

Done!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #123 on: September 05, 2005, 07:12:32 PM »

DR Jason - I hope you feel better tomorrow.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

td

• td
« Reply #124 on: September 05, 2005, 07:14:46 PM »

DR Ginny - I've never been to Cinci, but, my dear friend lives there.  Whenever she comes to Pittsburgh to visit, she brings us bottles of Montgomery Inn BBQ sauce, it's the greatest!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: September 05, 2005, 07:17:27 PM »

As Hero???

;)

Alas, i'm no one's Hero.  i played Eronius, father of Miles Gloriosus and Philia.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

td

• td
« Reply #126 on: September 05, 2005, 07:21:33 PM »

I've played Hysterium, father to no one.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Ginny

« Reply #127 on: September 05, 2005, 07:21:33 PM »

Alas, i'm no one's Hero.  i played Eronius, father of Miles Gloriosus and Philia.

You're one of my heroes, DR elmore.  What a fun, festive night at the theatre that was!

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: September 05, 2005, 07:23:18 PM »

DR td - When you do come to visit your friend near Cincinnati, you should go to one of Montgomery Inn's locations.  We're going to the Boathouse this week (it's most convenient to the Playhouse).

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: September 05, 2005, 07:35:10 PM »

I played Hero!  Let's put on a show!  (a Mickey and Judy reference ;) )
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #130 on: September 05, 2005, 07:36:04 PM »

But a great collector of art!
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Ginny

« Reply #131 on: September 05, 2005, 07:46:09 PM »

Anthony is watching Monk and I am typing. We watched the last six episodes of Six Feet Under while out at the parents (in-law). The final episode was very well done. All I will say since I know that Dear Tom is still on Season 5, if I recall correctly.

And I'm still waiting for the Season 4 DVD's to come around to me on my library's waiting list.

MBarnum

« Reply #132 on: September 05, 2005, 07:48:09 PM »

JRand, have you gotten up to the Adam-12 episode that features Dorothy Neumann as the lady who dislikes the hippies living across the street?! LOL!

BK, they show Biff's diner again, also!

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: September 05, 2005, 07:50:05 PM »

This evening I interviewed the lovely Dorothy Green. She starred with Fred MacMurray in FACE OF A FUGITIVE, and played Lavinia Tate in the TAMMY tv series....she was also a guest star in one of my favorite PERRY MASON episodes, THE CASE OF THE ONE-EYED WITNESS...and, in fact, was good friends with Raymond Burr's significant other.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #134 on: September 05, 2005, 08:02:20 PM »

Passed a nice late afternoon and early evening. Drinks were marvelous if I do say so myself, and we all enjoyed ourselves.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Ginny

« Reply #135 on: September 05, 2005, 08:03:48 PM »

Well, even though I don't go to work until noon tomorrow, I do have to get up early enough to finish the Hershey Cake.  The topping calls for Cool Whip, cream cheese, powdered sugar, and 3 more Hershey Bars (grated).

'night!

Matt H.

« Reply #136 on: September 05, 2005, 08:11:50 PM »

I concur completely with DR td about NATIONAL TREASURE. Foolishness of the highest order but a pretty good time at the movies. Lots of places I had to put rationality on hold and just go with the flow of the film, but they did expect the audience to excuse an awful lot of absurd stuff in the search for entertainment.

Cage is probably my least favorite "popular" actor of the moment (of those who actually can act; I'm not counting the likes of Owen Wilson, Adam Sandler, or Aston Kutcher who can't act), but I did like the actor who played Riley, and Sean Bean is always good as a villain. Nice to see folk like Christopher Plummer and Jon Voight take part, too.

The various locations were used very well, however, and I thought the interior sets were marvelous. Yes, it was too long just like PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN was too long. Still, both offered a good bit of fun if you're willing to go along for the ride.

Matt H.

« Reply #137 on: September 05, 2005, 08:12:52 PM »

I've played Senex, father to Hero.

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: September 05, 2005, 08:16:09 PM »

I started watching the special features on the NATIONAL TREASURE disc, and after each one, you're given some code that will allow you access to other special features on the disc once you piece the code clues together. This little frivolity might suit some people who have the disc, but I wanted to see what was there, make my choices, and move on. In order to see everything that's available, you have to go through everything to get those codes. Argh!

Matt H.

« Reply #139 on: September 05, 2005, 08:18:11 PM »

And then I concluded my evening with CSI: MIAMI. Good episode, but I believe that's the third time around this season for that particular one. I saw it originally, but I did not watch it the first time it was rerun. I did watch it again tonight, and imagine my surprise when scenes from the season premiere were shown!

Matt H.

« Reply #140 on: September 05, 2005, 08:19:29 PM »

And speaking of premieres, I did start reading the issue of ENTERTAINMENT WEEEKLY that features in-depth looks at the new and returning shows on the TV schedule. Only got Sunday and part of Monday read today before my company arrived, but will continue with that tomorrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #141 on: September 05, 2005, 08:22:36 PM »

I remember folks saying that NATIONAL TREASURE (and the remake of THE MUMMY for that matter) were INDIANA JONES movies without Indiana Jones. I can see what they meant. I guess if I pulled out those Indy movies now, there would be some of the same kind of contrivance and lack of rationality that bothered me about NATIONAL TREASURE. Maybe Spielberg just hid it better.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: September 05, 2005, 08:24:45 PM »

Back from the party, which was, as always, interesting and fun.  More about it in the notes.  I think I shall now sit on my couch like so much fish for a little while.  The marvy thing is that I only had one helping of food, and none of it was fattening.  Because of that, I decided to splurge and have a nice helping of coconut cream pie.

Matt H.

« Reply #143 on: September 05, 2005, 08:47:58 PM »

I will have to be very careful in reading the rest of that ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY on the new TV season for fear that the description of VERONICA MARS might reveal the identity of the killer that was shown in the season finale and which I'm only a couple of weeks away from seeing.

Matt H.

« Reply #144 on: September 05, 2005, 08:49:02 PM »

And now that the mornings are so much cooler, I'd like to start back up my daily walking regimen. Perhaps I will try this tomorrow.

Michael

« Reply #145 on: September 05, 2005, 08:54:59 PM »

Back from Canada.

Family and friends think the Prez and his cronies are idiots for taking so long to respond. And all the cabinet members going down to help out for a day and smiling for the camera. Camera op.

It is just so sad. And anyone who doesn't say there is a division between african-americans and white folks are wrong. In the sea of faces it was hard to find one person who was white (there were some but very few).

It became so sad to watch. It wa interesting to watch the Canadian, UK and France views. Montrealers were able to see their views. Not very complimentary.

And the USA has to think about receiving aid from Russia and Cuba! Come on!
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #146 on: September 05, 2005, 08:55:28 PM »

I will have to be very careful in reading the rest of that ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY on the new TV season for fear that the description of VERONICA MARS might reveal the identity of the killer that was shown in the season finale and which I'm only a couple of weeks away from seeing.

I read it doesn't say anything.
Never stop dreaming.

Matt H.

« Reply #147 on: September 05, 2005, 09:00:00 PM »

I read it doesn't say anything.

Thank you, DR Michael SHayne. That's one fewer thing to have to worry about.

Matt H.

« Reply #148 on: September 05, 2005, 09:01:04 PM »

After midnight here now, and the eyes are getting pretty droopy.

So I will say good night ere it be morrow.

Matt H.

« Reply #149 on: September 05, 2005, 09:02:05 PM »

Oops (Spoo)! It already IS morrow.

Never mind.

:D
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up