Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: SOPHISTICATED ME  (Read 64097 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:SOPHISTICATED ME
« Reply #90 on: September 05, 2005, 03:54:35 PM »

And one for Mahler.

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: September 05, 2005, 04:00:52 PM »

Late bloomer, my ass!  I was terrified of you 30 years ago, you were so together.

;D

Actually, DR elmore, I was almost 21 before getting my license.  I've just been making up for lost time behind the wheel all these years!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005, 04:11:21 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #92 on: September 05, 2005, 04:03:34 PM »

I was so relieved when one day, on my way to the job, I was rearended.  

After 20 years together and he still puts his face in front of the cream pies!

der Brucer (at least td and TCB missed it!)
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

MBarnum

« Reply #93 on: September 05, 2005, 04:06:02 PM »

I had plans of getting so much done today, and yet I have done nothing. Just not in the mood to do anything. And where has the day gone?

Well, in one hour I will be interviewing an actress I met in Burbank. At least I will have accomplished something today!

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: September 05, 2005, 04:06:10 PM »

Our local paper today contained a recipe for Hershey Cake, which DS Rob decided would make an excellent cake for his birthday, day after tomorrow.  Between the batter, the frosting, and the garnish it calls for 5 (count 'em 5) 1.5 ounce Hershey Bars.  I just put the cake layers in the oven and will make the topping tomorrow morning before I go to work.

We will actually celebrate his birthday Wednesday with an early dinner at Montgomery Inn (ribs) and a preview performance of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum," which opens officially at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park on Thursday.  The last time DH Richard and I saw this show, DR elmore was in the cast!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #95 on: September 05, 2005, 04:40:12 PM »

Well, I have caught up. Although I will still have to catch up tomorrow morning but it will only be a catch up from tonight through the change of notes, much easier than catching up from Friday afternoon through all of Monday.

We had a great time on LI eating hamburgers, chicken, watermelon and other fresh fruit, cheesecake, fresh tomatoes from the garden, fresh cucumbers and fresh squash also. We brought some of the tomatoes and squash and cukes back with us.

Anthony is watching Monk and I am typing. We watched the last six episodes of Six Feet Under while out at the parents (in-law). The final episode was very well done. All I will say since I know that Dear Tom is still on Season 5, if I recall correctly.

Laura, you are a Saint with a capital S! Tell Lyn and Kerry to take you out for mountains of cake!

See you all tomorrow.

Tomovoz

« Reply #96 on: September 05, 2005, 04:41:10 PM »

Thank you Ben.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #97 on: September 05, 2005, 04:42:47 PM »

I thank Season Six will be here in about October.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

td

• td
« Reply #98 on: September 05, 2005, 04:51:38 PM »

And a friend dropped by this afternoon and brought me NATIONAL TREASURE (with Nic Cage) to watch. I've been wanting to see this for months, and now I'll be watching it tonight.

DR Matt H - I just picked this up at Blockbuster's 3/$20 sale!  I watched it immediately!  Pure popcorn fun!  I'm not a Nick Cage fan, but, I liked the subtext between him and his chief assistant.  If you're fond of stuff like ANGELS AND DEMONS, THE ROMONAV PROPHECY and THE DA VINCI CODE, you're bound to enjoy this.  A tad too long, but, the film makes very good use of its location shooting.

Most tedious job I ever had was filling cream puffs and eclairs in a  bakery: Princess Pastries of Parnassus, Pennsylvania.

Worst job, and almost as alliterative: preparing sheet metal at Frontier Fabricators.  This was the one job in my life which I truly hated - thankfully, it was only for one summer, but, that was a hot summer and working with hot metal, around open flames (the real kind although there were a couple of human *flamers* as well) just didn't suit my temperament.  The one good thing about that job was a daylong drive to Buffalo, NY to pick up a part needed for the job the following day.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #99 on: September 05, 2005, 05:02:42 PM »

I shall shortly be on my way to the party.  I should be back reasonably early.

Ginny

« Reply #100 on: September 05, 2005, 05:20:48 PM »

The Hershey Cake layers are out of the oven and they even came out of the cake pans reasonably in tact.  We sampled the spill-over edges that I had to cut off to get the layers out of the pans.  So far:  YUM!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #101 on: September 05, 2005, 06:31:23 PM »

My goodness, what a slow news day here.  I fear BK will not be pleased when he returns from his partay.  Let's hope the food was so good that he comes home too full and satisfied to get out the bitchslapping machine.  

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #102 on: September 05, 2005, 06:32:37 PM »

The Hershey Cake layers are out of the oven and they even came out of the cake pans reasonably in tact.  We sampled the spill-over edges that I had to cut off to get the layers out of the pans.  So far:  YUM!

Ginny, you are[/i] going to post the recipe, aren't you??  (if you haven't already) ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2005, 06:37:49 PM »

We will actually celebrate his birthday Wednesday with an early dinner at Montgomery Inn (ribs) and a preview performance of "A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum," which opens officially at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park on Thursday.  The last time DH Richard and I saw this show, DR elmore was in the cast!
As Hero???

;)
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2005, 06:39:53 PM »

I am now officially done with the house-sitting gig at the house with no computer!  (until the next time...and I'm sure that there will be a next time ;))  Otherwise, today I was at my sister's for a Labor Day barbecue.  We had burgers and chicken and salmon (oh, my!).  I just had a cheeseburger, cooked by my very own self, and I must say that the burgers turned out perfectly.  Not overdcooked and no pink in the middle!  I didn't have any chicken or salmon, but everyone who did, said that both (which were brought by my parents) were very good, too.  We also had potato salad, fried rice, and a couple of other things that I don't remember.  For dessert, my sister made a strawberry-rhubarb crisp.  It wasn't too crispy (the topping), but except for the rhubarb (which I've never liked), it was very good.  We all then chatted for a while and I came home.  I'll have to go back over a little later to help my sister move a small couch (not as small as a loveseat, though) upstairs into her bedroom. :P

And that was my day. ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: September 05, 2005, 06:41:43 PM »

Ginny, you are[/i] going to post the recipe, aren't you??  (if you haven't already) ;)

George - Yes, I'll post the recipe after we've taste-tested the result.
I'm glad you're back from the house with no computer.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #106 on: September 05, 2005, 06:42:00 PM »

Dinner went well.  Except that I burnt der B's beans.

At least he can't say I burnt his buns.

For now, I'm stuffed.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

George

« Reply #107 on: September 05, 2005, 06:42:47 PM »

;D

Actually, DR elmore, I was almost 21 before getting my license.  I've just been making up for lost time behind the wheel all these years!

My niece turned 21 in April and she still doesn't know how to drive!  I'm tired of being a chauffeur. ::)

George

« Reply #108 on: September 05, 2005, 06:44:00 PM »

George - Yes, I'll post the recipe after we've taste-tested the result.
I'm glad you're back from the house with no computer.

Me, too! ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #109 on: September 05, 2005, 06:49:57 PM »

Well, I had a very busy day cleaning, running errands, hanging the new stained glass pieces I bought at Artsplash on Saturday, and roasting a chicken in one of those stand up chicken cooker things you put in the oven. I always laugh when I open the oven and the chicken is standing up.  It was yummy and I am glad I'll have the left overs for a couple days.

Cillaliz

« Reply #110 on: September 05, 2005, 06:51:51 PM »

We had a brief thunderstorm today. It was one of those where the thunder is so loud and sharp that you can feel it and it almost stops you cold.  It was the first time I've seen the cats react to a thunderstorm. They were not at all pleased.  We are supposed to have scattered storms the rest of the week. We really need the rain, but that will mean I have to mow again.

Cillaliz

« Reply #111 on: September 05, 2005, 06:53:58 PM »

BB6

I was watching the live feeds earlier and Janelle and Howie were going over all the competitions and Howie was quizzing Janelle. When he asked about the craps table competition "how many total chips were there?" Janelle said "We aren't talking about that right now" He asked another question about the same competition and she said "We aren't tallking about that one" and cut him off right away.

I wonder why she wouldn't talk about that.   I also wonder what secret she knows. She said she knows something but won't say what.

Hmmmmm......the plot thickens

Ginny

« Reply #112 on: September 05, 2005, 06:54:48 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I hadn't realized until last night's chat that you're staying in the same hotel as Danise and I and that you're arriving in NYC the same day I am.  Are you flying into LGA?

Cillaliz

« Reply #113 on: September 05, 2005, 06:56:35 PM »

Last night I posted this in the live chat, but I thought I'd share it with the rest of you.

I went to the neighborhood Shopko yesterday and in the pet section there was a big sign that said "Cat Stuff" directly below the sign there were bags of bird seed, gerbil food and other bird and rodent supplies. I burst out laughing.

Jason

« Reply #114 on: September 05, 2005, 06:57:03 PM »

I'm depressed today. I don't know why. The weather outside was loverly today, but I was just feeling very antisocial so I stayed holed up in my room all day playing games on my computer. And now it's 10:00.

That's about all I have to offer right now.

Cillaliz

« Reply #115 on: September 05, 2005, 06:58:07 PM »

DR Cillaliz - I hadn't realized until last night's chat that you're staying in the same hotel as Danise and I and that you're arriving in NYC the same day I am.  Are you flying into LGA?

Yes, I'm on Midwest Airlines (I love the hot chocolate chip cookies). I arrive at LGA at 4:27

Cillaliz

« Reply #116 on: September 05, 2005, 06:59:48 PM »

I was depressed most of the weekend, but decided today to get off my butt and get some things done...it really helped my mood immensely to just take one task at a time and get things done.  I didn't get everything done, but I feel better

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: September 05, 2005, 07:00:41 PM »

Yes, I'm on Midwest Airlines (I love the hot chocolate chip cookies). I arrive at LGA at 4:27

Oh, I'm getting in a little earlier - about 12:30 - on Delta.  No chocolate chip cookies.

Cillaliz

« Reply #118 on: September 05, 2005, 07:01:33 PM »

Jane is still trying to get into the Comfort Inn. She has a friend who is going to keep checking while she and Keith are on their trip.

Ginny

« Reply #119 on: September 05, 2005, 07:02:55 PM »

Jane is still trying to get into the Comfort Inn. She has a friend who is going to keep checking while she and Keith are on their trip.

That would be great!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up