Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Down

Author Topic: FEELING RANDY  (Read 97588 times)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
Re:FEELING RANDY
« Reply #240 on: September 08, 2005, 09:38:53 PM »

We had a very nice dinner, and the conversation was indeed illuminating and scandalous at times.

DR elmore - Love that "composer" story you told.  You should share it with everyone!

;D

Gott im himmel!  What composer story did I tell this time?  Did I mention names?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #241 on: September 08, 2005, 09:41:17 PM »

Two Gentlemen of Verona was the perfect entertainment for a late summer/early fall night.  Frothy, zany, a little naughty, and bubbly.  A very well done production.

The casting of the ensemble was top notch.  The leads and supporting characters were great too.  I'm sure that Norm Lewis and Renee Elise Goldsberry would receive Tony nominations - if not the awards - were this show on Broadway for their portrayals of Valentine and Sylvia.  Their electricity on stage is palpable.  And it's always great hearing Norm Lewis sing period, and he really seemed in his element.  And Buster, who plays the dog, Crab, was amazing too!  ;)

We were seated off to audience right, but we didn't really miss any of the action - Thank You, Kathleen Marshall.  Well, I did miss seeing Kim Grigsby grooving up on the band platform, but she really lead a tight group of musicians.

I hung out afterwards to say HI to one of my fellow Signature Theatre veterans, Megan Lawrence.  She played Lucetta.  -And it also happened to be her birthday today too!  She's doing great, and is about to go into a show for the NYMF.  And I can't believe she's had three kids already!  WOW!  It was great catching up with her even for just a few minutes after the performance.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #242 on: September 08, 2005, 09:41:48 PM »

Gott im himmel!  What composer story did I tell this time?  Did I mention names?

When in ....

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #243 on: September 08, 2005, 09:43:08 PM »

OH!!!  And since DR Jason and I were going nuts during intermission...

What was the name of the flop that the Hair guys wrote?  We could both picture the poster on the wall at Joe Allen, but the name....

Was it Dude?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #244 on: September 08, 2005, 09:44:14 PM »

...And I just checked tomorrow's weather forecast...  There's no sign of rain tomorrow now...  Hmm...  DR elmore - Meet you in line at the Delacorte around 11:30?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #245 on: September 08, 2005, 09:45:25 PM »

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #246 on: September 08, 2005, 09:46:21 PM »

...And I just checked tomorrow's weather forecast...  There's no sign of rain tomorrow now...  Hmm...  DR elmore - Meet you in line at the Delacorte around 11:30?

;)

DRJose, I'd love to tomorrow but my friend Dylan's coming in tomorrow.  what about Saturday?

Tomovoz

« Reply #247 on: September 08, 2005, 09:54:34 PM »

Dude
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #248 on: September 08, 2005, 09:55:11 PM »

I must play it some time.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #249 on: September 08, 2005, 09:56:41 PM »

BIG BB SPOILER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JANELLE DOES IT!!!!! SHE IS HOH!!!!!!

And...she's eligible to compete again next Thursday!!!!

She can take it all...and I don't think, at this point, that she will necessarily lose the jury votes.  Depends on what transpires between the gruesome threesome between now and then.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #250 on: September 08, 2005, 10:02:44 PM »

Favourite Randy Moive has to be BODY HEAT.  TO HAVE & TO HAVE NOT exudes randiness too.  It's like one big sexual innuendo.

And speaking of Randy movies.  While in Kentucky last week, I introduced a couple of my friends to the great Randy Scott/Budd Boetticher classic RIDE LONESOME.  They were both singularly impressed.  Though at one point when Pernell Roberts and James Coburn were in an intense conversation about the possibility of killing the hero Randolph Scott, one of them said, "This looks like it might have a little gay subtext.  At which point the dialogue went as follows:  "When are we going to do Brigade?  I don't want to come at him from the front.  Maybe if we got between him.  I just don't want to use a long gun on him."   Well....

Ginny, you're right!  No real bad seat in the Cincy Playhouse.  I like the facility a lot.

elmore, package arrived! Mucho thanks!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #251 on: September 08, 2005, 10:12:47 PM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #252 on: September 08, 2005, 10:15:13 PM »

DRJose, I'd love to tomorrow but my friend Dylan's coming in tomorrow.  what about Saturday?

No can do.  I'm flying down to Charlotte Saturday for Fall SETCs - and then I'm back late Monday night since I'm playing Evita auditions Tuesday morning.  And possibly with Hal Prince in the room.  So...  Where was I?

I may go ahead and stand in line again anyway.  I can finish a couple more chapters of the book I've been reading.

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #253 on: September 08, 2005, 10:17:27 PM »

Whew!  Finally got this episode of "Six Feet Under" to "load" on On Demand.  -I was about to call customer service if I saw that "not available at this time message" one more time.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #254 on: September 08, 2005, 10:19:03 PM »

DR Tomovoz - Thank you for confirming our "suspicions" regarding the title, Dude,and for the accompanying visual.

Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #255 on: September 08, 2005, 10:21:06 PM »

And...she's eligible to compete again next Thursday!!!!

She can take it all...and I don't think, at this point, that she will necessarily lose the jury votes.  Depends on what transpires between the gruesome threesome between now and then.

Make sure to vote for Janelle in the America's Choice at the cbs.com big brother website. Voting closes at 9:00 pm on September 9 so there is only one day of voting.  I think it she wins it and gets to spend a day on the set of Two and a Half Men it will drive the other three crazy!   They are pretty much ignoring her even though she offered to let them sleep in the HOH bedroom with her.  
« Last Edit: September 08, 2005, 10:21:34 PM by Cillaliz »

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #256 on: September 08, 2005, 10:21:33 PM »

Off to Tigard Pops.  Thanks, TCB & ToO.  ;)

Hope the Pops were Poppin' tonight.  -And I mean that in a good way.

Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #257 on: September 08, 2005, 10:26:13 PM »

More BB6

On the Canoe site they said the other day that April, Maggie and Ivette were hiding all the special toiletries (sp?) that are in the HOH bathroom in case Janelle won.  The funny part is Janelle got all kinds of bath stuff, lotions etc. pretty funny

Tomovoz

« Reply #258 on: September 08, 2005, 10:28:16 PM »

DR Tomovoz - Thank you for confirming our "suspicions" regarding the title, Dude,and for the accompanying visual.

A pleasure.
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #259 on: September 08, 2005, 10:42:28 PM »

Just got back from fencing.

That's about it.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #260 on: September 08, 2005, 10:56:44 PM »

More BB6

On the Canoe site they said the other day that April, Maggie and Ivette were hiding all the special toiletries (sp?) that are in the HOH bathroom in case Janelle won.  The funny part is Janelle got all kinds of bath stuff, lotions etc. pretty funny

The HOH room is re-stocked for each new HOH.

Those three are petty and mean beyond belief.  They hid quarters.  They hide toiletries.  They've hidden food from Janelle, too.

But oh, my, yes!  THEY are playing a clean, moral game.

They are the Petty Sisters who recite mantras of self-righteousness in order to hypnotize themselves into believing they're doing nothing wrong.

Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #261 on: September 08, 2005, 10:58:27 PM »

BB6:  Did anyvbody else absolutely LOVE Ivette's girlfriend, Maggie?

She hates Cappy, cannot understand what the hell happened to Ivette to be so loony about him; she thinks the "friendship" is a bad idea, strategically; and best of all, she LOVES Janelle...thinks she's smart and the game's top player.

She will either get all this through to Ivette or their relationship is over!

:D

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #262 on: September 08, 2005, 11:00:06 PM »

BB6:  And isn't it simply wonderful of the game's Maggie to keep reminding her group that a vote against the friendship would be seen as an act of betrayal by the "alliance"?

I NEVER want to be in situation in which I had to rely on her to be my nurse!  

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #263 on: September 08, 2005, 11:02:20 PM »

Despite my best efforts to deny it, I feel like I'm coming down with a "summer cold."

My first clue was a phlegmatic cough this afternoon.

Now my throat is raspy.  It's a bit beyond my normal "allergy-related" condition.  And I'm tired, too, when I should be enervated.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #264 on: September 08, 2005, 11:04:03 PM »

I am truly looking forward to watching "The Sting" and the new release of "To Kill A Mockingbird."

I'm planning on tackling those tomorrow.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #265 on: September 08, 2005, 11:04:20 PM »

Because after all, tomorrow IS another day.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #266 on: September 08, 2005, 11:04:47 PM »

Or so I've been told.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #267 on: September 08, 2005, 11:47:59 PM »

Notes are finished and will be up shortly.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]   Go Up