Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE HOST WITH THE MOST ON THE BALL  (Read 84997 times)

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
Re:THE HOST WITH THE MOST ON THE BALL
« Reply #300 on: September 10, 2005, 12:00:08 AM »

I looked up "fluff strands" on google, just to see if it wasn't some tech term the kids are using these days. I got two articles on knitting and the rest were about making egg noodles!

That guy really knows his stuff. Awesome review!!!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #301 on: September 10, 2005, 12:01:40 AM »

Isn't that awful?  I am sure he's just another twenty-year-old person who asked to be a "reviewer" so he could get free discs.  "Awesome review" indeed.

Tomovoz

« Reply #302 on: September 10, 2005, 12:01:57 AM »

We'll never reach 300 posts.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #303 on: September 10, 2005, 12:02:10 AM »

Anyone for three hundred?  New notes going up momentarily as soon as I change their title. :-)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #304 on: September 10, 2005, 12:03:39 AM »

If nothing else, at least the reviewer for "The Fly" liked it overall.  And he didn't think that it should ever be remade.  That is in no small part to our very own Charles Edward Pogue!  The reviewer wrote about the bonus material:

Next we can view some written work. What kind? How about Gorge Langelaan’s Original Short Story that first appeared in Playboy magazine in the 1950s? What if the disc also included Charles Edward Pogue’s original screenplay before it was re-written? And what if I also told you that David Cronenberg’s rewrite was also on here? Well, they are all here!

You can read them to your heart’s content and the text is big enough for those of you with small TVs.

And then his final paragraph is:

I’ve been hearing rumours for years about a future remake of the fly remake (??) and the possibility that this collector’s edition was held off to be timed for its release. But I am one of those people that hope that a remake isn’t true because this movie feels perfect the way it is. I can’t imagine anyone other than Goldblum as Seth Brundle; he really plays the part perfectly. So if you can, make sure that this DVD is #1 on your shopping list because it’s a collector’s edition you can’t let fly by you (Bzzz).
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005, 12:04:16 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #305 on: September 10, 2005, 12:10:00 AM »

305th Post!! ;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11]   Go Up