Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIES OF FRANCE  (Read 89488 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:FRIES OF FRANCE
« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2005, 01:48:41 AM »

And one for Mahler.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #31 on: September 18, 2005, 01:48:43 AM »

But Meg's last film appearance in '95 seems to coincide with her marriage to producer John Calley, who she divorced in 2002, so maybe it's time for a comeback...or maybe she's just so rich , she doesn't care.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #32 on: September 18, 2005, 01:48:52 AM »

And one for Maalox.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #33 on: September 18, 2005, 01:49:37 AM »

She married John Calley???  Man, these actresses.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #34 on: September 18, 2005, 01:50:03 AM »

I hate when they marry John Calley, don't you?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2005, 01:50:42 AM »

Interestingly, both Tilly and Scarwid had body doubles for the nude stuff in Psycho II and III.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2005, 01:51:22 AM »

Oh, and I hated Vera Miles in Psycho II - so strident - I cheered when she got it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2005, 01:52:30 AM »

And then there's the scene with Jeff Fahey and the purple lamps - directorially right out of Ken Russell and Crimes of Passion.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2005, 01:53:07 AM »

UKULELE, baby, UKULELE!  What am I, Arthur Godfrey all of a sudden?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2005, 01:53:34 AM »

I'm on a roll.  A kaiser roll.  Or a kaiser willhelm.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #40 on: September 18, 2005, 01:54:15 AM »

How could I eat 1400 French fries before bedtime?

Charles Pogue

« Reply #41 on: September 18, 2005, 01:54:15 AM »

Yeah, I didn't think Psycho II was Vera's finest moment.  Calley's got to be very rich.  He's done a lot of prestige films.  He's currently producing the Da Vinci Code.  I think he ran a studio for awhile too.  I'm pretty sure I met him at one time or another.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: September 18, 2005, 01:54:52 AM »

Calley ran Warners for many years.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: September 18, 2005, 01:56:23 AM »

Why is George just sitting there like so much fish.  He's gone all day, neglects haineshisway.com, then just sits there like so much fish.  

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #44 on: September 18, 2005, 01:56:48 AM »

All right, NOW I am going to get my beauty rest.

Charles Pogue

« Reply #45 on: September 18, 2005, 01:57:11 AM »

Yes, the scene with the purple light scene is weird, but so is the Fahey, Mother, and Woody scene.  The purple lights was Tony's inspiration.  The other scene is all mine, baby.  Tony was perhaps the director most faithful to my script.  All the dialogue remains intact. Though it was Diana's inspiration for the riveting moment that starts the movie that you like so much.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #46 on: September 18, 2005, 02:10:46 AM »

Why is George just sitting there like so much fish.  He's gone all day, neglects haineshisway.com, then just sits there like so much fish.  

First of all, I wasn't neglecting HHW today, I was attending to things that needed to be tended to here in Olympia and then I did come here and post!  Secondly, I'm not just sitting here like so much fish...I was brushing my teeth and getting ready for bed when I realized that I had left my computer on. ::) Oops!  (thats !spoO spelled backwards) ;) Now I must be going, too.  Goodnight, BK!  And Tomovoz and Charles Pogue!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #47 on: September 18, 2005, 04:25:49 AM »

Good morning, all!  The laundry is in, trhe first cup of coffee consumed, and a day's events to contemplate.  I need to organize my Ohio schedule, call my father, and co-ordinate the trip with him, and I need to finish Miss Prince's chart.

DRCharlesPogue, I ordered the DVD of HERCULES through the Grammy Awards.  It should arrive around Oct 15 or so.  I'm looking forward to it.

Diana Scarwid is in my favorite neglected tv series WONDERFALLS.

Back to the dryers!
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 05:05:44 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #48 on: September 18, 2005, 04:37:35 AM »

Good morning, all!  The laundry is in, trhe first cup of coffee consumed, and a day's events to contemplate.  I need to organize my Ohio schedule, call my father, and co-ordinate the trip with him, and I need to finish Miss Prince's chart.

'morning, DR elmore!  I'm up early, too, to do laundry.  Let me know how your Ohio schedule develops and when you might be able to come over for dessert.  DH Richard and I were thinking about going to see Lyric Theatre's new venue Friday or Saturday evening - want to join us?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: September 18, 2005, 05:05:08 AM »

'morning, DR elmore!  I'm up early, too, to do laundry.  Let me know how your Ohio schedule develops and when you might be able to come over for dessert.  DH Richard and I were thinking about going to see Lyric Theatre's new venue Friday or Saturday evening - want to join us?

DR Ginny Friday OR Saturday?  Is it a production or a party?  If a production, no thanks.  I'm working on an email right now about my Ohio schedule and a lot of it depends on my Father.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2005, 05:15:50 AM »

DR Ginny Friday OR Saturday?  Is it a production or a party?  If a production, no thanks.  I'm working on an email right now about my Ohio schedule and a lot of it depends on my Father.

Well, it's a production - "The Complete History of America, Abridged."  Didn't think you'd be interested, but thought I'd make the suggestion!  Actually, having to work both days until 5:30, I shouldn't plan on it myself, so talk me out of it PLEASE!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2005, 05:38:00 AM »

Well, it's a production - "The Complete History of America, Abridged."  Didn't think you'd be interested, but thought I'd make the suggestion!  Actually, having to work both days until 5:30, I shouldn't plan on it myself, so talk me out of it PLEASE!

If I knew more about my family's plans, I would!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2005, 07:10:43 AM »

Good Morning!

Just popping in right now to say HI!  So...

HI!

I ended up heading out last night with my friend, Patrick, for a bit.  We had a great time just hanging out, but it was a bit late by the time it was time to call it an evening, so I just crashed at his place.

But I'm up, and I think I'll be heading downtown to the madness that will be called "Broadway On Broadway".  It's the annual concert held on/at/in Times Square featuring different casts of various shows.  When I headed out for breakfast earlier, there were already some "kiddies" heading down for the event, so... We'll see.  The concert gets broadcast on the local cable here, so I may just stay in.  Or I may head somewhere else since it's such a gorgeous day.

In any case..

HI!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

FJL

« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2005, 07:11:30 AM »

I've never been good at video games, but have always been fascinated by the skills involved in being good at them, and have been attracted to video games as a sort of metaphor.  In law school, we did a parody of NORTH BY NORTHWEST (mainly because the two main classrooms were Langdell North and Langdell North Middle, and we could call the parody NORTH BY NORTH MIDDLE, so it was very title-driven).  We knew we couldn't do a real cropduster scene, so the writing team worked up a CROPDUSTER video game which (in the plot of our parody) our hero was somehow attracted to play, but which suddenly turned on him.  One of my jobs as a songwriter was to convey why law students were so attracted to video games (this was in 1980-83) and the idea for the song ended up being that as law students, we had no real power since the teachers held all the cards.  I remember being so moved when one of my classmates, after having seen the show, said that song - while meant to be funny - captured for him why he was so addicted to getting better and better at video games.    

I wonder of that may be a hook into why video games are to an extent a domain of the younger set, that it might tap into a need to be more in control.  (That is the subtext I sort of latched on to when writing about a video game whiz in the book of our LAST STARFIGHTER musical adaptation.)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 07:16:58 AM by FJL »

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2005, 07:27:02 AM »

Good morning!

I got into my grocery shopping clothes this morning and took my early morning walk in them rather than in my walking shorts. After the walk, I immediately got into my car and did my Sunday morning grocery shopping to get it out of the way.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2005, 07:32:14 AM »

I have never thought Vera Miles was a supremely talented actress. Despite Hitchcock's enthusiasm for her (VERTIGO was intended to be her showcase), I've found her competent but never astonishing.

PSYCHO II has always been my favorite of the PSYCHO sequels, but though I thought it started out really well, once Vera gets it in the basement (about 2/3 of the way through in a most graphic fashion), the movie becomes like every other slasher movie and is a giant turn-off. Still, I have it selected to watch today.

Matt H.

« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2005, 07:33:10 AM »

I *LOVE* the pinball game that comes with Windows and can pass much time playing it if I'm not careful. I also like Spider Solitaire that comes with Windows. I play it quite a bit, too.

Matt H.

« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2005, 07:36:01 AM »

With my first computer back in 1985 (Atari 800XL), I bought Donkey Kong and played it constantly along with Ms. Pac-Man and Dig Dug. I also liked some road racing game (can't remember its name). All of those Atari games come on cartridges that you just jammed into the top of the machine. No need to load software from a floppy.

I also played lots of text mystery games like BALLYHOO, WITNESS, DEADLINE that were produced by Infocom.

All that seems like forever ago.

Matt H.

« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2005, 07:39:38 AM »

I was most disheartened this morning to see in the newspaper listings that tonight's Emmy Awards are NOT going to be broadcast in high definition.

Pretty shoddy of the TV Academy not to honor its own industry by broadcasting in the highest quality possible. Goes to show how short-sighted and penny-pinching the Academy is.

Of course, looking at all the bad choices it's made over the decades, I really shouldn't be surprised.

Matt H.

« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2005, 07:43:34 AM »

Last night, I caught a bit of the Craft Emmys that were being broadcast on E! Poor Angela Lansbury did show up and ended up losing for the 18th time. Ray Liotta, who won the Guest Actor in a Drama Emmy for E/R, did not show up.

It was nice seeing The Tonys win Best Musical special and BROADWAY: THE AMERICAN MUSICAL win several awards for Documentary series.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 15   Go Up