Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Down

Author Topic: FRIES OF FRANCE  (Read 89498 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re:FRIES OF FRANCE
« Reply #60 on: September 18, 2005, 07:46:05 AM »

Well...  I'm all caught up, and I think I'll be passing on the "Broadway On Broadway" concert.  Just not feeling "it" this morning.  However, I may head over to City Opera and get a cheap seat to Richard Strauss' Capriccio.  My friend and college-mate, Pamela Armstrong, is singing the lead.  NYCO, in fact, mounted this production for her.  So...

Or I may just spend the day in Central Park since it's so nice outside.  -I'm still wondering what happened to all the rain that was forecasted for this weekend.  Not that I'm complaining, just wondering.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2005, 07:51:32 AM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #61 on: September 18, 2005, 07:47:01 AM »

Good morning!

I got into my grocery shopping clothes this morning and took my early morning walk in them rather than in my walking shorts. After the walk, I immediately got into my car and did my Sunday morning grocery shopping to get it out of the way.

Where is my hat? Where are my gloves?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #62 on: September 18, 2005, 07:50:07 AM »

As for video games...

I was never really good at any of them - at least the kind that involved a joystick and a "Fire" button, or some sort of handheld controller (Gameboy, PlayStation, etc.).  I guess if I devoted some time to them, I could possible be better, but, surprisingly enough, my hand eye coordination just doesn't jibe with video games.

Now, things like Free Cell, Tetris and computer Solitaire, Checkers, Chess, are a different animal.  There was a time when I played Free Cell a lot, but now it's mainly Solitaire, and I don't even play that that often.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #63 on: September 18, 2005, 07:54:18 AM »

Ah!

I've been sitting outside for the past hour or so in "Chez Harlem" which is the nickname we gave to the backyard/patio area here at the apartment.  Megan's mom bought a small bistro set for us a few weeks ago - a small table and two chairs.  A perfect place to sit and eat or just relax - or surf the net since the wireless signal is available out here.  And, again, it's a gorgeous morning, so...

Ah!

:)
Make Your Own Luck.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #64 on: September 18, 2005, 07:57:42 AM »

I am getting impateint with the weather. Early last week, the unseasonably hot temperatures were scheduled to lift by Friday. On Friday, still above 90 degrees, the forecasters said Tuesday. Now, they're saying a break will come Thursday.

Argh!  I want cooler temperatures.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2005, 07:58:34 AM »

Where is my hat? Where are my gloves?

;)

I don't wear either! :D

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2005, 08:01:07 AM »

I don't wear either! :D
I refuse to believe it!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Matt H.

« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2005, 08:15:56 AM »

I refuse to believe it!

Would I lie to you?    ::)

Danise

« Reply #68 on: September 18, 2005, 08:45:20 AM »

Hi all!

When I came home from grocery shopping yesterday, the power had been out (or something happened) and my router was all messed up.

I pulled my notes out from the last time I set it up but I couldn’t make it work!  I was up till almost midnight, working on it but no soap.  Then when I got up this morning and started on it again, everything just fell into place!  The network is locked up, safe and sound, and broadcasting like normal.  Yay!

Computer games:  Crystal Castles, Mahjong and don’t laugh, Jigsaw puzzles.  I don’t have room in the house to just set a table up and leave them there to work on.  The computer is perfect and I don’t have to worry about losing any of the pieces.  

I’ve tried some of the puzzle games like Myst but I’m never smart enough to figure them out.  They only make me frustrated beyond belief.  

I  don’t like the idea of killing things for sport even if they are just computer generated so the shoot’em up games aren’t very fun for me either.

I’m more into working with my photos and music.   :D
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #69 on: September 18, 2005, 08:48:46 AM »

Pong....

Bookworm....

And I like Vera Miles MORE than I like Diana Scarwid.

I can't get past Diana in MOMMIE DEAREST - she was just SO WRONG AND SO BAD - and I keep seeing THAT when I see her. Whew!

I'm not one of your FAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNSSS!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #70 on: September 18, 2005, 08:49:20 AM »

MY THREE ANGELS is over!

Thanks for the good wishes DR MATTH - I hope the next one, whatever it is, will be better as well.

Danise

« Reply #71 on: September 18, 2005, 09:00:05 AM »

François, all I have to say to you, sir, is remember about paybacks!   ;) :D ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #72 on: September 18, 2005, 09:11:42 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  My intention was to sleep until the cows come home, but nooooooo, I was awakened by a call from a PAY PHONE from some woman yelling in Farsi or Turkish or some language of her own concocting.   I told her to calm down and go have some breakfast.

MBarnum

« Reply #73 on: September 18, 2005, 09:27:45 AM »

I played Pong when it first came out. We all just thought it was the living end! LOL! Never played any other games of that sort.

On the computer I have played Bookworm, but that is it. I have heard of FreeCell, but have not looked to see what it is, as I am afraid of becoming addicted to it like I did with Bookworm.

MBarnum

« Reply #74 on: September 18, 2005, 09:29:41 AM »

I woke up at 5:30 and cuddled with Freddy until about 6. Got up, had some coffee and read the Sunday paper. Decided it was too early and plopped back into bed until 9pm!

Now must finish watching DOGORA, SPACE  MONSTER, which is a really fun film...monsters and gangsters, Japanese style!

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2005, 09:31:06 AM »

So, Vera got it in the basement with the knife.

Sounds a lot like the game Clue.

Haven't seen the film, myself, but I've never been a worrywart about spoilers.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2005, 09:34:05 AM »

PONG came out while I was in college, in Fresno.  The rec room at the dorms had a machine.  After the thrill of the game faded (and it did, fast), we would occasionally set it up so that the cursor/ball would bounce back and forth between the two paddles endlessly, never changing until a glitch in the program would send things spinning away.

Thinking back, this says a lot more about life in Fresno than I intended.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #77 on: September 18, 2005, 09:35:26 AM »

I never learned the difference between Sylvia Miles and Vera Miles.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #78 on: September 18, 2005, 09:38:22 AM »

Vera Miles was...well, blonder.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #79 on: September 18, 2005, 09:39:19 AM »

When Atari was the big thing and George Plimpton was pushing the more-expensive Intellivision system, my folks decided to get us the weak sister of video game consoles, one made by Magnavox called "Odyssey 2."

It had some fun games. But nobody I knew had the thing, and they eventually quit making cartridges for it.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #80 on: September 18, 2005, 09:42:58 AM »

As for Arcade games, Q-BERT was a good one; a game called QIX, which was rather abstract; PHOENIX, where you shot at space birds, GALAGA, which you still see in arcades; GYRUSS...

I don't think I like any games made after, say, 1985. At some point, they all became punch/jump/kick games and were pretty boring.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #81 on: September 18, 2005, 09:44:52 AM »

As for current games, on the computer, I've a sequence of solitaire games on a Hoyle program that I'll play.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #82 on: September 18, 2005, 09:48:59 AM »

Today is National Play-Doh Day!

Not very electric, but still fun.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #83 on: September 18, 2005, 09:51:39 AM »

I never learned the difference between Sylvia Miles and Vera Miles.

Vera Miles had class with a capital C
Sylvia Miles has class with a capital K

Sylvia Miles:
  1.  of MIDNIGHT COWBOY and Andy Warhol's HEAT
  2.  Dumped a plate of pasta over John Simon for a lousy review
  3.  In the 1970s and 80s was usually seen only in public with an entourage of very handsome gay men
  4.  will attend the opening of an envelope
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #84 on: September 18, 2005, 09:53:32 AM »

Der Brucer is watching I Could Go On Singing, on one of the cable stations.  She could go on singing 'til the cows come home.  (Or so she's singing right now.)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #85 on: September 18, 2005, 09:54:51 AM »

Sylvia Miles did a one-person off-Broadway show that folded almost immediately.  It was set in her living room and it was basically about her life.  One review, panning it, said "at one point she waved a magic wand and it worked:  the audience disappeared."  It might have been Mr Simon again.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #86 on: September 18, 2005, 09:55:27 AM »

Sylvia Miles:...
  ...3.  In the 1970s and 80s was usually seen only in public with an entourage of very handsome gay men...
Which made her different from so many other female stars...how?

::)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #87 on: September 18, 2005, 09:58:04 AM »

Sylvia Miles did a one-person off-Broadway show that folded almost immediately.  It was set in her living room and it was basically about her life.  One review, panning it, said "at one point she waved a magic wand and it worked:  the audience disappeared."  It might have been Mr Simon again.
So, what Suzanne Summers did earlier this year wasn't all that original?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: September 18, 2005, 10:02:56 AM »

Which made her different from so many other female stars...how?

::)
Whenever you saw Miss Miles in public, she was with 4-10 men.   I've never seen any female star with that sort of ego-feeding mania.  I have a memory of Anne Bancroft in a film doing a parody of a star surrounded by and dancing with a lot of gay men.  I've always wondered if she was channeling Sylvia Miles.  My friend Lorraine Serabian was in RUTHLESS with her.  I don't think they liked each other too much.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #89 on: September 18, 2005, 10:36:10 AM »

Stars?  Who didn't like each other? Say it ain't so!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 15   Go Up