Archives > Archive 3

ACID REFLUX

(1/29) > >>

bk:
Well, you've read the notes, the notes have given you acid reflux, you're now tripping out, and hence it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they're tripping on some choice acid reflux in Haight-Ashbury.

bk:
And the word of the day is: RUBESCENT!

bk:
Jose, the jernt next to Bob's Big Boy is Mo's.

Charles Pogue:
It's the cokes, BK.  All them damned cokes will give you acid reflux.  I had two at dinner tonight.  I have acid reflux.

I found INSERTS an interesting curiosity at the time and really need to see it again.

My friend Pat (whom you know,BK) have this debate all the time about which is better THE SEARCHERS or LIBERTY VALANCE.  I'm definitely a SEARCHERS man; in fact, it took me awhile to see what Pat saw in this movie...but if you get past the fact that booth Stewart and Wayne are too old for their roles and, as you say, the lengthy election sequence after Liberty's been shot (where Ford's comedy stylings are a little tired and you have Edmond O' Brien channeling Thomas Mitchell as Doc Boone from STAGECOACH), there is a rather resonant and hauntingly bleak film and vision of the West.  It's not THE SEARCHERS; but it's a much deeper film than I originally thought.

Charles Pogue:
We used to take great field trips in school:  To the Natural History Museum; Art Museum; nature hikes; the theatre.  I saw my first real play (Beauty & The Beast) when I was in fourth grade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version