Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: ACID REFLUX  (Read 105721 times)

Cillaliz

Re:ACID REFLUX
« Reply #120 on: September 24, 2005, 05:57:00 PM »

Well we have a tornado watch. Not a biggie, but it feels like something might happen weather wise.  

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: September 24, 2005, 05:59:11 PM »

Well, I am full of shrimp etouffe.  That was the first time I've ever made it. I used an Emeril recipe. I made it a little less hot than I've had it in New Orleans by using Chef Tom's cajun spice instead of cayenne pepper. I must say it tasted delicious.  Glad I have enough left to have more tomorrow

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: September 24, 2005, 06:36:50 PM »

In fifth or sixth grade in elementary school, we had a field trip to a newspaper company (press factory) and  learned how newspapers are printed. That was fascinating to me and I still remember the  smell of ink which was very strong but I liked.

Hisaka

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #123 on: September 24, 2005, 06:40:36 PM »

And in high school, to see a film "Ben Hur" with school, which I think I mentioned it before....

Ginny

« Reply #124 on: September 24, 2005, 06:41:00 PM »

:P Final:  Wisconsin 23, Michigan 20.  The Blue has NO defense!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #125 on: September 24, 2005, 07:09:35 PM »

And now the news:

There is no news.

That is all.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #126 on: September 24, 2005, 07:11:19 PM »

Trivia question provides many tantalizing avenues....but dead ends, they turn out to be....for me.

DRJOSE-I love the SCOUNDRELS cast album.  

MR BK - you'd best tell Bark Clackbore to clean the picture cache because we expect MANY MANY photographic depictions of the HHW New York City Fall 2005 Gathering!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: September 24, 2005, 07:27:18 PM »

I shall now be on my way to the birthday bash.  I had a really intriguing meeting this afternoon, about which more later, although NOT if we don't get some postin' goin' on.  Let me have some reading matter when I return.

In other news, I got the new Hitchcock DVD set today, still a couple of weeks away from its release.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #128 on: September 24, 2005, 08:04:06 PM »

Very glad to see DR Jane back safe and sound from her trip.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #129 on: September 24, 2005, 08:04:19 PM »

I vaguely remember a couple of field trips when my family lived in Germany (when I was in kindergarten and first grade), but I can't remember if I had any field trips when we moved to the States.  I have been on some choir trips, but I wouldn't consider those the same thing.  

Right now, I'm watching a tape of Wednesday's season premiere episode of "Lost."  I didn't get home in time to watch it, so I've borrowed my niece's copy. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Matt H.

« Reply #130 on: September 24, 2005, 08:07:21 PM »

Thank you for the support, DR Jose!  ;D

We're going to have 90 or over for highs the next two days if the weather people know their business.

Matt H.

« Reply #131 on: September 24, 2005, 08:17:48 PM »

Well, as I mentioned this morning, I did synch up the original DVD release of BEN-HUR with the new deluxe edition on two separate players and watched them back and forth for awhile tonight. I have a couple of observations:

1. The old release was definitely cropped on the sides and not the entire 2.76:1 aspect ratio of the original film. The new DVD release seems to contain the entire image.

2. The new release is brighter and does have sharper focus. THough bright colors like red and green and blue seem to be equally strong and saturated on both releases, the flesh tones on the new release are WORLDS better than on the original release. For me, that is the biggest improvement in the Technicolor hues in this remastering.

3. I did not hear much difference in the sound on the two releases. In fact, it wouldn't surprise me if the Dolby Digital tracks were identical on both releases though I had read other reviews that claim major improvements from the old release to the new. I didn't hear it, but then I was just much more fascinated in comparing the screen images from one to the other.

And I think the new bas relief-like motif on the packaging is super cool. I know that has nothing to do with the contents inside, but the package just looks so much classier than the earlier release.

I'm really glad I followed DR's advice here and took the plunge for the new edition.

Matt H.

« Reply #132 on: September 24, 2005, 08:19:39 PM »

Once I had satisfied myself as to the superiority of the new BEN-HUR's look, I settled in and watched the entire first half again. (Just saw this a few nights ago on the old edition, though I admittedly did skip some sections then. I didn't skip anything tonight.)

Matt H.

« Reply #133 on: September 24, 2005, 08:25:17 PM »

I would love to have seen the Oscar vote totals from that year for Best Actor. Hard for me to believe that Jimmy Stewart in ANATOMY OF A MURDER lost by much (though Jack Lemmon may have been the second place vote getter; I tend to think the more dramatic performance of Stewart would have gotten more votes than Lemmon's hilarious antics in SOME LIKE IT HOT.)

Matt H.

« Reply #134 on: September 24, 2005, 08:27:04 PM »

I also DVRed COLD CASE tonight and watched it after I finished the first half of BEN-HUR. Always an entertaining show, and this is one with the answers they were seeking hiding in plain sight, and I always like those kinds of stories.

Matt H.

« Reply #135 on: September 24, 2005, 08:29:29 PM »

I stuck in THE BOSTONIANS into the DVD player to set it up for tomorrow, and a few seconds of the movie started playing before I marked my place to start there tomorrow.

The transfer looked terrible - brownish, very soft, and rather ugly looking to be honest.

Now, to be fair, I only saw maybe 10 seconds of it, but I'm not encouraged about watching it tomorrow. I think it may have been an old videotape master used for this transfer. It really did not look very good.

Rodzinski

• Like, Hey.
« Reply #136 on: September 24, 2005, 08:39:46 PM »

No dilly dallying
No shilly shallying
Let's have a drink on it now!

td

• td
« Reply #137 on: September 24, 2005, 08:48:23 PM »

DR Rodzinski, I have ONE question for you:

Are you Valentine candy or boxing gloves?
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Matt H.

« Reply #138 on: September 24, 2005, 09:06:16 PM »

On the road to dreamland now.

Hope everyone has a good rest of the evening.

Good night!

François de Paris

« Reply #139 on: September 24, 2005, 09:34:22 PM »

There's nothing like fortuosity anyway! Mark me word!

td

• td
« Reply #140 on: September 24, 2005, 09:35:04 PM »

Fortuosity?!?! That's me byword!
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jason

« Reply #141 on: September 24, 2005, 11:21:48 PM »

The Greek called me today. In the conversation, El Greco proceeded to tell me about two people with whom there had been some making out. Usually I'd have been a little upset. Jealous, even. Honestly, tonight I wasn't. I really didn't even feel like talking to the Greek at all.

And that's my story for tonight.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #142 on: September 24, 2005, 11:38:21 PM »

Stay cool DRMATTH....boy, boy - crazy boy.

Warm here but NOT the 90's and thunderstorms predicted for Sunday and Monday.

Sunday is the day when we close up the theatre for the season, hopefully we did enough during the ANGELS strike that there isn't too much left to do.  Then of course the BORED MEETING....followed by another meeting of an ad hoc committee.

I have decided not to direct DEATH BY CHOCOLATE because they will be holding the useless and time consuming Children's Workshop at the same time.....on the same stage.  I don't like MOVING everything off my set, if it's even built - until three days before I open and then try to do a show.

No - not this time.  Let one of the SUPPORTERS of the Children's Workshop direct the show.  Of course none of them will....they barely even show up to sell tickets for the damn thing.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #143 on: September 24, 2005, 11:38:35 PM »

Film at eleven.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: September 24, 2005, 11:50:27 PM »

Five pages?  Five pages?  Skammen.  I am nasueous.  No reading matter at all.  And Monday we'll hear the usual, oh, I was here, I was there, I was everywhere but home, sweet, home.  I shall now write the notes, which will go up whenever I get around to finishing them.  Phut, I say, and phut I say again.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up